I just lost 58 mil?

I am the Real Madrid manager and at around April at the end of the first season and before the start of the summer transfer window, I was given 58 million to spend by my board in which I used to buy Nathaniel Clyne who cost me 58 million and he was to transfer on the transfer opening day. I had agreed a contract and two in-game weeks later I decided I did not want him and clicked 'Walk Away' on his contract. Bearing in mind the 'Suggest Terms' and 'Finalise Contract' (or something like that) was not possible to be clicked as we had already agreed a contract. When I clicked 'Walk Away' the money did not come back and I did not even get Clyne. It is now like a week in to the transfer window. Is this a glitch?

You (almost) spent your entire £58 million budget on Nathaniel Clyne? Really? Wow! I'm so frugal with my transfer budgets, even at the big clubs with money to burn. This kind of reckless abandon makes me feel faint! lol

Glad to hear you got it back though! 

I can't sign anyone good and they all ask for like so much money. I tried getting De Gea and it took me like 3 weeks so I went to last resorts and tried a swap deal with Bale and they countered with Bale + 89 mil and I'm sick of literally not being able to buy anyone. I supposedly got Clyne on the cheap as Liverpool wanted 78 mil lol.

Ah the perils of playing as Real Madrid i suppose. Everyone knows they are not short of few quid so they inflate their prices when you try to buy their players. If you are looking for good young RB's try Passlack at Dortmund or Henrichs at Leverkusen. They might not be as quite as pricey as Clyne. Don't get me wrong, they won't be cheap either but both should develop better than Clyne - especially Felix Passlack. He's a beast at RB for my Man U team.

1 hour ago, Henry Shepherd said:

It turns out I was 5 days till the English transfer window and I got my 58 mil back. Thanks for the help haha.

No worries. Play the long game with signings - if you're really keen on one player, scout them early, set them as your top target, unsettle them. It works.

As an example, with Milan I scouted Belotti for 6 months, watched him twice myself and had scouts watch him at least 9 times. Initially Torino wanted £90m. After this process, I bought for £30m. Not saying it works every time, but if you can turn the players head then it'll work in your favour!

12 hours ago, Black and Yellow said:

No worries. Play the long game with signings - if you're really keen on one player, scout them early, set them as your top target, unsettle them. It works.

As an example, with Milan I scouted Belotti for 6 months, watched him twice myself and had scouts watch him at least 9 times. Initially Torino wanted £90m. After this process, I bought for £30m. Not saying it works every time, but if you can turn the players head then it'll work in your favour!

indeed this does work sometimes.  I did this for a year with Dybala (as Liverpool).  They wanted 160m initally all upfront.  After a year fo scouting, attending games etc - Dybala was keen to move to me.  I bid and was counterd with 100m - so coming down already - but then when they rejected my next 80m offer dybala got upset.  Eventually got him for 63m - and he was worth every single penny and then some....

You set them as your top transfer target, then you start scouting them constantly. The game prompts you to do this automatically but it takes some time. I'm not sure if you can manually scout to the same effect. Will be trying it. You're eventually prompted to attend a game. Again, not sure if this can be done manually to the same effect but I think you might be able to attend other games manually. What can happen is the player becomes unsettled and/or gradually starts becoming receptive to moving to your club. Appreciating being scouted might be the first step. I find all this unrealistic, by the way. Cringy even.

I've been scouting a top target manually and the one piece I'm not seeing is his reaction. I even attended one of his games as the manager. Don't know if this is because he's a youth or because doing this manually doesn't work. Would be nice to get a conclusive response from someone.

Archived