struggling to find a final save

dannyrefc

not to sure who to do a final save with, being so close to 18 now i dont think its worth doing a long term save?

this is the usual path i take but as i said not sure now who to go with due to not wanting to leave an unfinished save,

so im wanting someone who will be able to win ucl, build a legacy you get the idea , a club with big potential who isnt reaching it or a sleeping giant type club

but not a top top team, any of the top divisions will do 

for example im thinking someone like hertha berlin (club with big potential) or someone who once was a solid team but now fallen down (Leeds etc ), someone who arnt a big team but have the potential to be so within 1-5 seasons 

youd think id be tempted to do an everton save being an everton fan haha but i feel its too close to fm18 to get into a long term save, dont think id be able to get past 10 seasons, so im swaying to a hertha berlin save mabe 

I'm in pretty much the same situation. Usually I go for a longterm save and develop clubs facilities to bring through/develop youngsters. But now with FM18 edging closer, I started a new save with United. Think it's a fun shortterm challenge to get them to tick again.

Take on a mini project - add yourself as a RL manager and control as if you are them - tactics etc. I'm currently playing as Kevin Keegan at Newcastle re-creating the Entertainers.

I was in a similar boat, looking for a save to get me through to '18 - decided to run a simulated 1st season with a view to taking on a side relegated from the Premier League - having run this 4 times to see who caught my attention I have settled on Stoke (alternatives were Hull, Middlesbrough, Watford & Burnley).  Took them over the day after relegation, with virtually no coaching staff and had a queue of players at my office door saying they wanted to leave before my name plate had even been put up.  Have only been in role a month, so not much to report (well, have sold Shaqiri and Wollscheid & now have transfer budget of c£40m), but the save has piqued my interest...

Archived