Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
dannyrefc

3 at the back ; who and how uses this now?

Due to the popularity irl who has gone for a 3 at the back lately?

what variation of 3 at the back are you using ?

im trying to get a 3-4-3 working but struggling to find good balance at the moment , also up top i cant get the wide players narrow enough unless i play them flat strikers with side 2 dropping off , 2 amcs as chelsea tend to run with in game and spurs irl are too narrow for me. 

Heard few good things about flat 3 accross amc but i prefer to use at least one striker 

I'm using a 3-4-2-1 now and then. I'm playing 2 AMCs. You can have them roam and move into channels and maybe give them ppms depending on where you want them to go. I guess if you play them as inside forwards and want them narrow, you could play a narrow formation and if you play them as AMC, play wide to stretch them. Those are the options as far as I know.

On my first save on this years FM I used a 3-2-2-1-2 WB formation for about 7 or 8  seasons before I started a new save and have since used 4-3-1-2 and a 4-1-2-2-1 asymmetric.  I had a lot of success with it, especially defensively where I conceded the least goals all season for like 5 or 6 in a row.  Not quite as potent offensively but still pretty good.

Using 3-2-2-2-1 WB at the moment. 2nd season with Spurs and 8 points clear with 11 games to go. Originally using the Strikerless 'Wolfpack' tactic that's on here somewhere but I have tweaked it to suit my players.

Having the WB's on support really does cover your wings well defensively as well as attackingly. I've also just completed 6 games on the trot without conceding.

3 at the back are:  C - ST    BPD - CO    C - ST

Have been using what's basically a 3-4-3 counter attacking system a bit recently. 3 CBs, middle one on cover. 2 players in the DM strata, a DLP(s) and BWM(d). 2 DW(s). 2 in the AM slot, AP(a) and SS(a), behind a CF(s).

Instruct AP and SS to roam, and DWs to sit narrower to try and keep the midfield compact. Usually decent defensively, the 5 we have at the back defend the middle quite well, the only real weakness is obviously the flanks, particularly when the opposition use attacking fullbacks. Something I do if I feel it's necessary is tell my DWs to man mark the attacking wide players which (hopefully) prevents them getting on the ball too much. Have enjoyed it as had never previously done anything with 3 at the back, but has worked out fairly well

I have a slight variant on 3-4-3 and it is working well so far. I play a libero behind 2 DCs.  2 Wing-backs, 2 CMs and an asymmetric front 3 consisting of an AMCL (Shadow Striker) SC (False 9) and AMR (Inside forward).

I've not seen many sweeper systems discussed on here, let alone any that work, so thought it would be a good challenge.

I have used a 3-2-3-2 with great succes.

At Wisla Krakow it didn't lose in 1.5 season. At Udinese I am fighting for champions league places battling much bigger budgets. 

AF (A) - CF (S)

CM (A) - DLP (S) - CM (D)

WB (S) - WB (A)

DC - DC - DC 

Possesion based, short passing strategy

Currently I am thinking to switch my strikers around to get more out of the AF.  

I used a 5-4-1 yesterday with Portsmouth (relegation side in Prem) and created a lot of chances vs high profile teams

In defence it's a flat back 5 with FB(a)'s and BPD's

Midfield was 2x CM(s) and one BWM(d) with a Adv PM in front

Lone striker can be whatever you like

When we had possession though this turns into a 3-4-3 system because the fullbacks move forward to help midfield and also end up as wingers to cross to the striker

IMO with 3 CBS the strikerless forward option is best by far.

I am playing CDS  BPDC  CDS

Two wing backs on support in the DM strata with 2 BWM in the CM strata, one on defend & one on support.

SSA  AMA  SSA all in the AMC strata as my strikerless forward options.

Working an absolute treat. Tried it on multiple saves now and has been great in all my saves. Requires players with high determination & work rate. Two combative BWM in the middle to break up play. Fast, pacy, intelligent strikers who can adapt & run in behind the lines from deep.

Team instruction of 'Pass in to Space'

whatever formation i used with 3 at the back it worked , with combination with WBs in the DM strata

currently playing like this (3-3-2-2-0)

CD(D) - CD(D) - CD(D)

WB(S)    -   BWM(D)  -     WB(S)

CM(A) -   CM(S)

SS(A) - Treq(A)

I am experimenting for a 3 - 4(flat with wingers)-3 strikers at the moment