What is your reason for playing long saved game?

We all probably have done it,

playing FM until 2030++ , where all of the players we used to know are usually already retired,

replaced by unknown players generated by FM machine.

For me, I played a team from the lowest England division (South/North Vanarama League) to EPL

glory team and build a legacy from there.

So what is yours ???

Building up legacy and seeing what I can accomplish.  In this game I started out growing my career but then saw an opportunity to take a lower Norway team with great Youth program and I'm curious if I can grow the league's reputation :D

Northampton in FM16. Now in 2027. Got back to back promotions from League 2 to the Championship, now in the Prem. I'm turning that club into a powerhouse, that's my reason for staying with it. Their reputation is now 4 star but the stadium is small and the facilities are weak. I've spent about £100 million on the Youth set up so I'm looking forward to bringing through some decent youth for a change, rather than having to buy it. Managed 2 top 6 finishes in the Prem so far, not good enough but everyone wants my players all the time!

The year is 2045 in FM16. I have just gotten to a point where Juvetude Évora is capable of competing with the big three in Portugal. There is just so much history in a long save. Star players long forgotten as I outgrew the level they excelled in. Club legends retiring and serving as staff. To be honest I care very little about actually knowing the players as I don't really follow much football in the real world, so it's more about getting to know the players as they are generated.

I had a good save on FM13 that I started in the beta, and just never lost interest in it, so I got to 2029.

My current save in FM17 has the same potential though it started much later in the year. My current aim is to turn AFC Bournemouth in a European superpower. I'm in 2020 and am now qualifying for the ECL but my current aim is to win that first Premier League title.

• 2 weeks later...

My epic saves (Billericay CM01/02 and a FM version and Newcastle Town FM11) have been single club saves I've got completely absorbed in. I always look out for Billericay's results now while Newcastle Town are my home town team.

The one exception was the Zealot Online Clam from CM01/02 which ran into the 2040s. That was great fun and a proper career. Also the only save I ever won the Premier League (was with Tottenham).

Archived