Extract / export computer tactic

Mourinho's UTD is just unbeatable on my save - letting in less than 10-12 goals per season. I'm in my 7th season and UTD are playing some fantastic football as well. Is there any way to see what mentality and player roles being used? I've tried using the FM editor to no help.

I see Mourinho uses 4-2-3-1 WIDE in the formation.

4-2-3-1 here with a lot of shortpassing - beautiful buildup and movement. Their flat four is very defensive and disciplined the full backs stays back. Impossible to break down. Almost... So there is no way to extract a computer tactic?

Well he uses a 4-4-1-1 whenever I run into him. So that's three different systems we've seen him use already in this thread.

I guess the underlying point here is that this iteration of the game is changeable. It adapts to you, according to how you play. Not only over the course of seasons, but also in-game - if they go a goal ahead/behind, the AI changes their approach. I can't help but think that even if you did copy Mourinho's tactics, the way the game is wired means that he'd be able to adapt and come up with another way of beating everyone.

Also, it's nice to retain some of the mystery, no? Trying to beat something that isn't wholly visible and understandable is part of the challenge of FM.

I've played UTD 24 times now - and lost the last 16 out of 18 games. I'm comfortable beating all other teams. He plays 4231 in all games btw. It's rock solid. I found a skin to find the player roles. 

GK D

fullbacks D CD D

dpl D bmw S

if s apm s if s

CF A

Hope it makes sense. Team shape and other stuff is still very much unknown. He has a class team has to be said, but so do I, but we look like schoolboys every time we run into UTD, They look very disciplined.

On 8 august 2017 at 23:27, claussor said:

I've played UTD 24 times now - and lost the last 16 out of 18 games. I'm comfortable beating all other teams. He plays 4231 in all games btw. It's rock solid. I found a skin to find the player roles. 

GK D

fullbacks D CD D

dpl D bmw S

if s apm s if s

CF A

Hope it makes sense. Team shape and other stuff is still very much unknown. He has a class team has to be said, but so do I, but we look like schoolboys every time we run into UTD, They look very disciplined.

What tactic do you use?

I'm guessing his success is mostly down to the quality of his attack, as that back 6 is very defensive and will form a wall.  With only one attacking role he's probably playing on the counter somewhat too, avoiding penning the opposition into their box, instead, letting them come out and play, but winning the ball around half-way or further back.

Archived