[FM 17] Fola's Career

Fola

Firstly, thank you to everybody who read my Panathinaikos career recently however unfortunately I have kind of fallen out of love with that save.

I have decided to give FM one last go until FM18 comes out and manage in a league I have never managed in before.

I usually always manage in the English lower leagues due to that is where my interests lie. However, this time I have decided to move away from England and try my luck abroad. I usually enjoy a typical underdog story, attempting to take a team from the bottom to the top but this time it will be different. I am looking to take over a top flight team and just have a bit of fun with them really.

yHga9K6.jpg

The side that I have decided to take over is Celta Vigo, currently situated in the Spanish La Liga.

0zvkMez.jpg

Over the past 10 years, the club have definitely had their fair share of highs and lows but finally things seem to be on the up with some great finishes over the past three seasons. They qualified for the Europa League due to their excellent performance in the league last season so that could be fun. By the way, my manager's profile has National Level Professional Footballer experience and has his Continental Pro License.

nGUeo1R.jpg

With FM, as I have never really managed any big teams, I have never really been able to experiment with tactics, purely due to the ability of the player's at my disposal. However, with this save, Celta Vigo are obviously a very good side so I can really try and have a play about with a tactic and try and mould my players to fit it.I have already played the first few months of the season and so far it's going well- I will update you all shortly.

Thanks for reading this short intro, I hope you will all enjoy this journey.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transfers [2016/17]

YySPsPa.jpg

Like I said, I am already a few months into the season so for now, it's just about letting you all know what has happened so far. In terms of transfers, I made the decision to offload John Guidetti from the club. He has really good stats for a complete forward but in my system, which I will show later, he was never going to be a starter and was moved on. Got a few clauses in there too so could get up to about £17 million for him. The rest of the lads were players from the 'B' team were let out on loan. The loan market in terms of outgoings is an area I will be looking to exploit to bring more money into the club.

ZTDXsFX.jpg

Javier Eraso was the first new signing under my tenure as he joined for a small(ish) fee from Bilbao. Quite a solid all-rounder and works well in my system however his finishing could be improved. Not a player that will be a mainstay in the side for years to come, but for now will do a job in CM.

OYeOLA8.jpg

Darwin Quintero was my replacement for John Guidetti and a quality player to bring in. He has some fantastic overall stats and has already made a great start at the club, managing 6 goals in his first 9 games. I have created a strikerless tactic so his stats work perfectly as a second striker. Going to be a key man for me for years to come I'm sure.

Squad

ULWmIFa.jpg

We've got some very talented footballers in this squad. My favourite players so far are Sergi Gomez who is a fantastic BPD at CB. Nemanja Radoja has been a rock for me in front of the back for and had a bid come in from Manchester City for him. Liverpool legend Iago Aspas is also a quality player in this team which from what I witnessed of him at Liverpool IRL is very surprising. We've got quite an ageing squad which will be something that I will address over the next few seasons but Pione Sisto and Theo Bongonda look like they could turn out to be very good in the future.

Tactic

gXxxQIv.jpg

Okay, as I mentioned before I have made a strikerless tactic. I have never used strikerless before but after looking through the squad, I decided that this group of players were probably good enough to pull it off. The starting 11 above is the starting 11 which I have been going with the most so far. I'll talk you through the tactic and why I have put each player where. I am usually really bad at this game and don't want to jinx it but so far, it's working quite well. 

In goal, nothing special here just got a standard goalkeeper but with strict instructions to throw the ball out and have shorter passing. We then play two BPD at CB with the stopper duty. The reason behind this is that firstly, I want to have a side who plays attractive football, starting from the back and secondly, when they push forward and pounce on the oppositions attackers high up the pitch- this is where Nemanja Rodoja can drop in the space and cover. So far, the two CB's and the CDM have worked really well as a trio. We then have an IWB on RWB and LWB. The reason behind this is that I want these two players to get involved in the game, come inside and help keep possession for us. I didn't want these players just standing on the wing and not receiving the ball- on the IWB duty, these two as a key outlet to how we play and try and control matches. We then have a RPM, mostly who has been Diaz who will try and make us tick in the middle. When the CDM drops into the space to fit in the void left by the CB, this allows space for Diaz to come into the middle and receive the ball. Eraso next to him is on a standard CM duty with the instruction to move into the channels, into the space created by the IWB who have drifted inside. We then have two shadow strikers playing off the Enganche who has most commonly been Iago Aspas so far. His stationery figure works well as he picks up the ball and is a key man at hooking up the midfield and the attack. The two shadow strikers and quick and tricky players who help push on and give the team an attacking outlet. 

8JpeLVv.jpg

Our style of football so far has worked just as I would of liked. We play very narrow and try to keep the ball as much as possible.

August 2016 - October 2016

3YmMTDT.jpg

The date is now the 1st November and we have had a really good start to the season. In the league, we have won 5 out of a possible 11 matches and put in some very convincing performances along the way. Key highlights of the past few months were the 4-0 win against Gijon, the 4-1 win against Coruna and the 6-3 win versus Sevilla. We've not had a problem scoring goals- this was something I worried about when I had looked at implementing a strikerless tactic. In the Europa League, we got quite a favourable group and are currently sitting top of the group with 3 games to go.

Key highlights so far have been the performances of Pione Sisto, who has been retrained as a shadow striker and Nemanja Radoja in CDM as a half back has been an absolute rock. 

As I am re-capping now, this update hasn't got too much detail as I've been playing this save for a week or so IRL. However, from now, I will look to do bi-monthly updates.

2ybGrvJ.jpg

November 2016

klA2IBw.jpg

Got high hopes for this lad. He is currently on loan at Oviedo in the league below us but I am hoping he can be a first team regular here in a few seasons time. Has great stats for a BPD at CB. The next Pique.

zE5VFPp.jpg

November 2016

0WuGMLR.jpg

First of many I predict. He's not actually a player I have heard of in real life but on here, he has done brilliantly for me. In that CDM role on the Half Back duty, he has been a rock infront of the two CB's and had a great start to the season. Manchester City put in a bid of £8 million for him in the last transfer window but I turned it down and have him a new bumper deal. French side Lyon are apparently sniffing round him now but he's going nowhere.

Id0zT5a.jpg

December 2016

xyjbhDl.jpg

No chance I'm letting him leave. He's got a 7.25 average rating so far and a 7.42 over his last 5 matches. Not too sure why all his rankings are going down but there is no chance he's leaving. He's still young so has plenty of time to grow and has quality attributes for a ball-playing defender. I just hope Atleti's interest doesn't turn his head. 

h5rAER5.jpg

December 2016

ejbwHkU.jpg

I have managed to tie Andreu Fontas down to a long term deal. Atleti were sniffing around him so I decided to give him a pay rise. He's been quality for me this season alongside Sergi Gomez. Them stats for a ball playing centre back are on another level.

syHmBDs.jpg

November 2016 - December 2016

CQGGBYB.jpg

A good few months as we approach January with us progressing through into the Europa League group stages and sitting comfortably in 7th position. In the Europa League we topped our group and face Portuguese side Arouca in the next round. Arouca are currently sitting in the relegation zone of the Portuguese top division so all in all, a very favourable draw for us. We also managed to progress through to the next round of the Spanish Cup after a win over two legs against Logrones where we twice played a weakened side.

In the league, the key highlights were the win against Espanyol. We went 0-2 down within 10 minutes but managed to fight back and grab the win. The win against Villarreal was also really pleasing with Iago Aspas grabbing a brace. Less said about the Atleti game the better. The January transfer window is obviously opening up soon and it's something I am very worried about. A large number of my players have been creating interest- especially Sergi Gomez. I just hope that we can keep together the main bulk of my squad- I REALLY don't want to be doing a mid-season rebuild, especially after we have started so well. Fingers crossed on that one. We have about £10 million to spend on players currently so I may delve into the transfer market myself if any player catches my eye- not really many areas that I am looking to improve if I am honest.

qor2jgb.jpg

Good to see you're managing in La Liga, which is a fun league ( I am managing Real Sociedad) Interesting to see you have gone for strikerless tactic :D:cool: In Europa League, the draw is definitely favorable, which you should beat Arouca :thup:

On 02/08/2017 at 00:18, john1 said:

Good to see you're managing in La Liga, which is a fun league ( I am managing Real Sociedad) Interesting to see you have gone for strikerless tactic :D:cool: In Europa League, the draw is definitely favorable, which you should beat Arouca :thup:

Thanks mate. I'm terrible at this game- I've never really achieved anything but I think it's because I make it too hard for myself. I've never managed a 'top' side before so it's nice to actually have some good players. The strikerless tactic seems to be working well so far. More updates to come this weekend- been bogged down with work this week.

• 2 weeks later...

January 2017- February 2017

JVA9Mdm.jpg

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. However, here we are and we've had quite an eventful few months. I will start off with the results and league table and then go onto the transfers. I was very happy with how we performed over January and February. Unfortunately we were knocked out of the Spanish Cup after a shock defeat over two legs to Levante. Not a clue what happened here but we were battered in the first leg and couldn't fight back in the second, despite actually winning the second leg. In the league, we did quite well and managed a draw against runaway leaders Barcelona. The losses against Malaga and Las Palmas were't what I predicted but like I said, all in all, quite a good few months. In the Europa League, we progressed to the last 16 thanks to a masterclass from Theo Bongonda over two legs. In the first leg, away at Arouca, he managed a hat trick before grabbing our only goal in the 2nd leg as we came away with a draw. We have quite a tough draw in the next round against Turkish giants Fenerbache. They are currently sitting in 2nd position in the Turkish Premier but I am quietly confident we will be able to come away with something.

DcPOspR.jpg

Transfers- Outgoings

Before the transfer window re-opened, I was really worried about losing the core of my squad. Iago Aspas was creating interest as were Fontas and Gomez at centre back. So, the good news is we managed to keep them... however the bad news is that we lost Jonny. Jonny had a release clause of £21 million so when EPL giants Manchester City came calling, there wasn't too much I could do. Gustavo Cabral left the club early in November after failing to dis-lodge Fontas and Gomez at CB. The 4 lads who left the club on loan were nowhere near the first team so it will be good for them to go out and get some first team football. Ivan Villar was my fourth choice goalkeeper and Claudio Beauvue, despite being a good player, had no chance of getting in ahead of Sisto, Bongonda or Aspas so very happy to get the money I did for him- I was expecting for him to have to leave on loan.

M7xZzQv.jpg

Transfers- Incomings

B8j4D72.jpg

Quite happy with the players that we brought in. Should all be very good additions to what is already a very strong squad.

Yu0jFlG.jpg

Got good stats to come is as Iago Aspas' back up in the CAM [Enganche] position. Was interesting EPL sides Newcastle and Hull so to pick him up for just £3 million is a steal.

LkY5Duj.jpg

#FreeShinji.

epY39bg.jpg

Couldn't say no to this guy when I saw him on the transfer list. He only managed one appearance for Dortmund this season so I was there to snap him up. Despite feeling like he's been around for ages, he's still only 27 years old. Brilliant player and definitely a coup for us.

ZV6FNxt.jpg

Very experienced player and still the right side of 30 (just). Great stats still and was playing for Las Palmas so decided to give him the step up. Good back up for Bongonda and Sisto.

ALh21hd.jpg

Somewhat of a panic buy when I found out Jonny was leaving. Hugo Mallo, our other LB, also stated he wanted to leave so I had to act quick. We managed to keep Hugo Mallo at the club but Mings provides good back up. Will probably be sold on in the summer.

yOqw0k3.jpg

Now, this is where I messed up slightly. When Jonny left the club, I needed to act quickly to bring in a new LB. I managed to bring in Zeca from Santos and just look at this guys stats- absolutely fantastic. However, in Spain, you can only have 3 Non-EU players and unfortunately Zeca falls into this category. I tried to ship out Darwin Quintero, who is now a back up after the arrivals of Kagawa and Prince but nobody wanted him. I then tried to loan Zeca out but that didn't work either. So, for the next 6 months he will be playing for the Vigo B team but he will be my starting LB next season, Definitely one for the future- very excited about this guy.

March 2017

AuRhzg4.jpg

Aspas is a wanted man. He's been a key player for me so far this season. He kicked off and said that he wants to be playing Champions League football so I've promised him we'll qualify this season. We have no chance in the league of gaining Champions League qualification so we NEED to win the Europa League- No pressure.

H7rJ1es.jpg

1 hour ago, Fola said:

yOqw0k3.jpg

Now, this is where I messed up slightly. When Jonny left the club, I needed to act quickly to bring in a new LB. I managed to bring in Zeca from Santos and just look at this guys stats- absolutely fantastic. However, in Spain, you can only have 3 Non-EU players and unfortunately Zeca falls into this category. I tried to ship out Darwin Quintero, who is now a back up after the arrivals of Kagawa and Prince but nobody wanted him. I then tried to loan Zeca out but that didn't work either. So, for the next 6 months he will be playing for the Vigo B team but he will be my starting LB next season, Definitely one for the future- very excited about this guy.

March 2017

wEcIKYO.jpg

Just my luck. My new £12 million LB who has yet to make an appearance for us has f*cked up his knee. Gutted.

March 2017

KK3Bd9P.png

Hugo Mallo has been wanting to leave all season but now Zeca is out, there is no way I am letting him leave. I am re-training him as a LWB and he's performed well so far. I am hoping he'll snap out of his mood and sign a new deal with us as he's now my starting LWB.

PWNa7JW.png

March 2017- Youth Candidates

I had been clicking through my messages and noticed that I had somehow missed the Youth Intake. I have signed up the 6 below in green.

72smXhD.jpg

LDtw1aF.jpg

Going to be re-training as a CAM. May get a bit of money for him in the future, even if he doesn't stay here.

XMk0OYt.jpg

Could become a very good keeper. Great determination- will look to get him tutored. Excited about this lad.

Q2bnw43.jpg

Didn't realise how low this guys determination is. Doubt he'll make it.

HMwapak.jpg

Another one who is going to be re-trained as a CAM.

q8up75V.jpg

Might manage to sell him on at some point.

March 2017

T2ciwM8.png

As the league is drawing to a close, I have decided to do monthly updates. Starting with the league, we convincingly beat Real Betis before losing to Sevilla. I played a weakened side against Sevilla due to our upcoming match against Fenerbache and looking back, it was 100% the right decision. The final two matches in the league were easy wins against Eibar and Alaves. In the Europa League, as you can see, we managed to beat Fenerbache over two legs- mostly thanks to a masterclass from Iago Aspas. Aspas was the best player on the pitch over both matches and he managed 4 goals over the two legs. 

In the Quarter Finals we have been drawn against Ajax who are currently top of the Dutch Eredivisie. It's going to be another tough one but again, I am very confident.

gI2q82q.png

April 2017

53aY3kU.png

Had to be done. The guy has been a revelation for me this season at RWB as an Inverted Wing Back and is without a doubt, one of the first players on the teamsheet. Manchester City and Inter Milan were sniffing around him and he had a Minimum Fee Release Clause of £20 million so I have given him a little pay rise and massively increased the release clause.

BuQQN4J.png

April 2017 - Europa League Quarter Final - Second Leg

ukPK2fz.png

BOOM! What a win as we went away to Ajax and completely destroyed them. Theo Bongonda and Pione Sisto were the key men for me as they bagged two each. We have drawn Spurs in the Semi Final which will be very tough. They are currently 4th in the EPL at the moment so hopefully they will be concentrating on the league ahead of the Europa League.

cdoTtPk.png

April 2017

zj1rQSP.png

With only 3 league matches to play, we are sitting in the Qualification Places for the Europa League which is very pleasing. We face Spurs next in the Europa League Semi Finals. I am confident that we can turn them over- we're a good side and on good form so we will have to see what happens. Very nervous right now!

ujyOsnU.png 

May 2017 - Europa League - Semi Final - First Leg

SAkiaN4.png

Line Ups

T2uVeE7.png

Live Commentary

Image result for europa league commentator

1st Minute:  Harry Kane kicks off the match for the home side in what is set to be a very close encounter.

2nd Minute: Eric Lamela goes close for the home side with an effort from range which is well saved by Celta Vigo goalkeeper Sergio Alvarez.

4th Minute: RED CARD - Nightmare start for Celta Vigo as centre back Sergio Gomez is sent off for a tackle on Spurs striker Harry Kane. Gomez was last man there- I don't have a clue why he did that. Silly, silly tackle.

4th Minute: Pione Sisto is the unlucky man to make way for Celta Vigo as he is replaced by centre back Carles Planas.

D1XPObM.png

16th Minute: GOAL! - After some excellent work on the right hand side by Eric Lamela, the ball finds its way to Harry Kane who fires home.

30th Minute: YELLOW CARD - Celta Vigo midfielder Nemanja Radoja is shown a yellow card for a poor challenge on Dele Alli.

37th Minute: Great save from Sergio Alvarez to deny Dele Alli.

0553uKA.png

44th Minute: GOAL! - Eric Dier finds the net from range to put Tottenham two infront.

HALF TIME- SECOND HALF TO COME!

45 Minute: Iago Aspas gets the game underway for the visitors.

pj2ZTL9.png

64th Minute: GOAL! Christian Erikson scores the home side after some good work from Harry Kane.

68th Minute: Great save from Celta Vigo keeper Sergio Alvarez to deny Erik Lamela from close range.

UK3Cjsg.png

73rd Minute: GOAL! It's a rout here as Kane grabs his second of the game to put Spurs 4-0 up.

82 Minute: Theo Bongonda goes clean through for Celta Vigo but fires wide.

Q03RPey.png

84th Minute: GOAL! Erik Lamela pokes home at the far post after good work by Harry Kane.

90th Minute: FULL TIME

rjdXQco.png

May 2017 - Season 2016/17 - Table

1yGoWfU.png

Not the best end to the season but really happy with how we did this season. If you'd of told me that we would of finished in 7th, qualified for the Europa League and got into the Semis of the Europa League then I'd off snapped your hands off. I will give a full season overview soon. I think quite a few of my players will be subject of a few bids this pre-season, especially Aspas, Bongonda and Sisto.  

91XNRd0.png

Season 2016/17  -Squad Overview

Image result for celta vigo squad

Goalkeepers

Q9agXpS.png

Alvarez was my starting goalkeeper and probably will be next season too. Ruben Blanco is capped regularly for the Spain Under 21 side so definitely one for the future. Next season I am thinking of playing Alvarez in the League matches and Blanco in all of the Cup games.

Defenders

g9RivpZ.png

Now onto the defenders, Roncaglia was a more than adequate back up for Fontas and Gomez. Atleti were interested in him at one point but hopefully we can manage to keep him- had a really good average rating of 7.03. Hugo Mallo started off as back up but when Jonny moved to Manchester City, he become our starting LB. If he wants to stay, he will be our starting LB until Zeca returns from injury. Tyrone Mings was a good back up player and did well when called upon. Carles Planas was purely a back up. Sergi Gomez had a great season and is the perfect BPD- he's another one who has been interesting some top clubs but hopefully we can keep him. David Costas had a successful season out on loan and will be in the first team picture next season. Andreu Fontas was the main partner to Sergi Gomez and did really well- a tad injury prone though. Daniel Wass was a key player for us as our RWB and had a great season with an average rating of 7.25.

Midfielders/Strikers

hsH2Ezm.png

Alvaro Lemos spent the season out on loan and will be moved on in the summer. Nemanja Radoja was a key player for us in the CDM position playing as a half back. He is a player who I expect to be a mainstay in the side for a number of years. Javier Eraso was a key man for me in the first part of the season but when reinforcements were brought in in January, he turned into more of a back up player for me. Levy Madinda spent last season on loan in the league below and did well and another one who will be a part of the squad next season. Marcelo Diaz had a great season for us, averaging a 7.25 rating. He grabbed some very important goals and clocked a good amount of assists too. Pablo Hernandez was a regular for us and another one who grabbed a few goals for us- can play as a CAM as well as a CM too. Alex Lopez and Fabian Orellana did well out on loan and I will have to assess then properly when the new season starts. Theo Bongonda had a brilliant season.  I re-trained him as a CAM and he was fantastic for us, grabbing 15 goals and 10 assists- he's a player I expect to attract a lot of interest this summer. Pione Sisto was another one who I was very impressed with. The Danish international managed 16 goals and a average rating of 7.23- I just hope we can keep him. Josep Sene spent last season out on loan and will be moved on. Samu Saiz was brought in in January but couldn't force his way into the side and will be moved on. Dejan Drazic and Andrew Hjulsagar will both me moved on. Kevin Prince-Boateng came in and did really well for us- averaging a 7.03 rating. He has a good amount of experience too so is a good asset. Shinji Kagawa was our big money signing in January and became our highest paid player and to be honest, he didn't really impress me. I look to ship him out in the summer if anybody comes in for him. Jozabed was on loan from Fulham and isn't really good enough so I doubt I will make his move permanent. Darwin Quintero did well in the first part of the season but found himself out of favour and I will move him on in the Summer- he's attracting a few English sides so hopefully I will get good money for him. Iago Aspas was our key man. What a player and someone who fitted into our system perfectly. He wanted Champions League football and unfortunately we couldn't give it him and he wants to move on. He is attracting interest of Chelsea, Manchester United and AC Milan. Giuseppe Rossi was mostly used as Aspas' back up and did well when he was called upon.

May 2017

WNpm5lU.png

This is an excellent bit of business for us. He was attracting interest of a number of big clubs after an excellent season for us. I decided to give him a HUGE deal and up his wages to £67k a week but I really do feel that this is a contract that he deserves. We've tied him down for the next 5 seasons so very happy with this. 

XAHoOzV.png

August 2017- Transfers

The new season is about to start and I have been quite happy with the transfer business over the summer. There have been bids in for Aspas, Gomez, Fontas and Hugo Mallo but I have rejected all of them. Unless a huge bid comes in, I am not letting any of them leave.

fRCBVC9.png

In terms of outgoings, I lot a lot of youth players leave the club on free transfers. Fabian Orellana joined Valencia on a permanent deal after a successful loan spell there last season. Andrew Hjulsager joined Alaves on loan for the season and I am looking forward to seeing how he does in the La Liga. Diego Alende also left the club on loan for the season. We got £1 million for Alvaro Lemos which I was happy with and Pedro, a player from the 'B' side joined Zaragoza on loan. Darwin Quintero despite doing quite well last season, joined EPL side Stoke for a fee which could rise to just under £5 million. Dejan Drazic and Alex Lopez who were both in the 'B' side last season were shipped out to Trabzonspor. Borja Lasso is a new signing and definitely one for the future so I sent him out to Las Palmas for first team football. Robert Costa, Borja Fernandez and Pape Cheikh also all left the club, the latter two on loan. Kevin and Luis Gustavo were in the 'B' side while I also sent out Samu Saiz and Daniel Angeriz 17A out on loan for the season.

In terms of incomings, I am very happy with my business.

JaQOuj9.png

Joins from fellow La Liga side Sevilla. He spent last season on loan at Celtic and helped them win the Scottish Premiership. I have sent him out on loan to Las Palmas for first team football.

xtoPvlh.png

Very good and experienced BPD to put a bit of pressure on Fontas and Gomez. Both have been subject of bids this summer so if either leave, Duarte is a ready made replacement.

nKWHycj.png

Spent time on loan here last season. Purely brought in as backup but for just over £2 million, I think he is definitely value for money as a squad player.

qafVwWe.png

Played regularly for Real Betis last season but they were relegated from the La Liga. As Guiseppe Rossi went back to Fiorentina, we needed a backup for Aspas. Joaquin is this back up. Good experience too.

KRSpxkl.png

Managed to get him on loan from Manchester United for the season. Bags of potential and did well for Sunderland- I am very excited to see how he does this season.

ILo5dUO.png

Brought in on loan for the season. Did really well for Huddersfield in the Championship last season and a player who I think can easily make the step up to this level.

August 2017 - September 2017

y1DwtNg.png

Ah, well this is sh*t. After such an impressive run in the Europa League last season, we haven't even made the Group Stages after we crashed out on away goals against Portuguese side Belenenses. We started off so well but our last four games have been terrible. I went into this season with so much optimism but it just hasn't clicked so far. I am sure that a number of my players have been affected by the interest in them. I turned down an offer from Roma of £35 million for Iago Aspas and because of his great season last season I decided to reject it. However, this season he's been poor and he's only managed one goal. 

We need to improve and quick or I doubt I will be in a job here much longer.

Mrt1kJL.png

November 2017

gxjBLCM.png

God this has felt like forever. Nearly a whole year after signing him Zeca is working his way back to fitness. I am probably going to loan him out in January and then have him in the squad for next season- I just hope this knee injury doesn't affect his development.

paaw7ju.png

November 2017

lNFrsgb.png

This is great news. He's probably been our best player so far this season and had a few top clubs sniffing after him. He kicked off in the summer when I rejected a bid from Spurs from him so I am delighted he's agreed a new deal here. He's already bagged 7 goals in 10 starts for me this season. This guy is only 22- if he can keep this up, he'll go far.

A6h9rz9.png

November 2017

Iago Aspas Last Season

sVrdq4X.png

Iago Aspas This Season

rgXrfwE.png

I turned down a bid of nearly £40 million for him from Roma in the summer. Massively regretting this now. I am going to try and offload him in January. I doubt I will get £15 million for him based on this season. Come to think of it, I don't have a clue what I was doing turning down £35 million for a 30 year old. He was just so f*cking good last season.

cY7yemv.png

November 2017

PzQvvsn.png

It's happening again. Alongside Pione Sisto, Theo Bongonda has been a great player for us again this season and he is attracting the big clubs. PSG are sniffing around him and he wants to leave. I have don't him that he's going nowhere and he's not happy. It'll be interesting to see what happens in January- I definitely don't want to lose him.

4To2M86.png

October 2017 - November 2017

qUTDPa4.png

Huge improvement in October and November after our very poor start to the season. We are now unbeaten in our last eight matches and are sitting in 3rd position. The key matches were the wins against Valencia and Villarreal when we came from behind to come away with the result. Pione Sisto is on fantastic form at the moment. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Iago Aspas. Our captain, the man who scored 25 goals last season has only scored once so far. 100% going to look to ship him out in January but I highly doubt anybody will be interested in him. I have dropped Theo Bongonda from the squad after he missed training and replaced him with Adnan Januzaj who has done very well.

taJLf5F.png

December 2017

qbL0b8w.png

Just a quick monthly update before the January transfer window starts. If I am completely honest, I am dreading this transfer window. After a tough start to the season we really seem to be doing well now so it will be a real shame if any of my players are to leave or become unsettled. We had a great month this month with the highlight being the win against Real Madrid who are currently leading the table.

PhvERDN.png

ONE FANTASTIC BIT OF NEWS THIS MONTH WAS THAT MY CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY! Iago Aspas broke his terrible run of form this season and played a key role this month, grabbing 3 goals along the way. It was my plan to sell him this transfer window but there is no chance that will be happening now. Fola <3 Iago.

BgOOnNj.png

F*ck I think this transfer window is going to be rough.

January 2018

h3eLztr.png

Over the moon with this. In Spain you can only have 3 Non EU players in your squad. My 3 Non EU players were Duarte, Hernandez and Diaz who are all key players for me. This meant that there was no room for Zeza (posted his screenshot a few posts back). Because of this I sent him out on loan to Ajax but I have no recalled him and he will come into the side. This feels like a new signing for me.

pgOzQ5u.png

#ThankYouDuarte

Archived