Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moutorious

Monaco 16/17

Been dabbling into how I'd go about recreating this system for a few weeks now and *finally* decided to ask the forums for their opinions too. This is what I've come up with for now:

Screenshot_102.thumb.png.76ec06b1a148ef11b87869782ecb73a1.pngScreenshot_103.thumb.png.543216f62b75b64c1e90b71931c865da.png 

PIs:

LDM- Close down less

RDM- Close down less, hold position

LM- Sit narrower, Dribble more, More risky passes, Cross more often

RM- More risky passes

RAM- Close down more, hold up ball

Rest of the team have none. 

I've struggled at times to create chances and limit how many chances we concede vs teams who outnumber us in MF but some of the basic facets of Monaco are there like overlapping FB's and the two wingers tucking in during attacking phases, acting like interiors. 

I'd like to see some input on how you guys would go about recreating this team too or possibly some critiques for my system? 

The first problem i see its from your team instructions, exploit the  flanks will give your wide midfielders higher mentalities and they will push more forward looking for space in the final third and look for overlap will actually tell your wide midfielders to hold onto the ball, make fewer forward runs and wait for the full back to overlap. Your Wideplaymaker and the Right DM will occupy the same space when ever your team has possession of the ball which will mean poor utilization of space rather give your DM a defend duty so he stays behind the wide p-maker and give the wide p-maker and attack duty so he will support your strikers.

On 27/07/2017 at 20:07, djsmiley said:

The first problem i see its from your team instructions, exploit the  flanks will give your wide midfielders higher mentalities and they will push more forward looking for space in the final third and look for overlap will actually tell your wide midfielders to hold onto the ball, make fewer forward runs and wait for the full back to overlap. Your Wideplaymaker and the Right DM will occupy the same space when ever your team has possession of the ball which will mean poor utilization of space rather give your DM a defend duty so he stays behind the wide p-maker and give the wide p-maker and attack duty so he will support your strikers.

you not think I'd have too many attack duties in my team? (sorry for the really long reply btw aha)

Edited by Moutorious

Update: decided to change it up and start with an actual striker to replicate the Mbappe role, made him a complete forward because in a UEFA interview he's claimed to have a sort of free role where he can do what he wants most of the time, found this goes in line with the description of a complete forward ig too. Also, after looking at some passmaps from the brilliant @/11Tegen11 on Twitter, I found Falcao to mostly be in the AM-strata which is why I've chosen for there to be a slightly withdrawn player there. Going to try this out in a fresh save and see how it plays and possibly come back with how it did. Used the TI of push up higher because DMs naturally drop the D-Line too. 

Once again, any help, opinions, etc would be greatly appreciated as this is a system I've always been interested in replicating. 

Screenshot_121.thumb.png.a128de8586f3084f4baecd0ac3c3698b.pngScreenshot_120.thumb.png.8eb2e6a48bf7889d33241272bfa468d6.png

I'm not to sure what you're trying to do, OP. Are you trying to emulate Jardim's Monaco team or are you trying to make your own tactic loosly based on it?

9 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

I'm not to sure what you're trying to do, OP. Are you trying to emulate Jardim's Monaco team or are you trying to make your own tactic loosly based on it?

Emulate Jardim.

Edited by Moutorious

14 hours ago, Moutorious said:

Emulate Jardim.

Well, in that case, the job is similar. When I watch Monaco, I can easily see the similarities to Simeone's Atletico Madrid. Honestly, I think Monaco plays a flat 4-4-1-1 that morphs into a 4-2-3-1 in attack.

If you ask me, this is how I would emulate Monaco

Counter/Rigid

Rigid because Jardim is a disciplined coach and only gives certain players freedom in attack.

TIs: Pass Into Space, Close Down More, Higher Tempo

Counter because Monaco doesn't keep a lot of possession. They tend to sit deep and press side to side and tends to usually hit teams on the break with the pace of Tommy Lemar, Kylian Mbappe, and Radamel Falcao Garcia

GK

CWB-CD-CD-CWB

WP (a)-DLP (d)-CM (d)-WM (a)

SS (a)

CF (s)

PIs

WM (a) - Dribble More, Cut Inside with Ball, Cross Less Often, Roam From Position

Thomas Lemar role as he usually cuts inside from the left

SS (a) - Roam From Position, Swap with ST

CF (s) - Move Into Channels

I think you are also incorrect on the Falcao role. IMO, Mbappe and Falcao seems to swap duties at times so maybe swap positions PI can do here. Falcao scores for fun so I don't think an AM (s) role is even close to emulating his play.

Edited by Jean0987654321

13 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Well, in that case, the job is similar. When I watch Monaco, I can easily see the similarities to Simeone's Atletico Madrid. Honestly, I think Monaco plays a flat 4-4-1-1 that morphs into a 4-2-3-1 in attack.

If you ask me, this is how I would emulate Monaco

Counter/Rigid

Rigid because Jardim is a disciplined coach and only gives certain players freedom in attack.

TIs: Pass Into Space, Close Down More, Higher Tempo

Counter because Monaco doesn't keep a lot of possession. They tend to sit deep and press side to side and tends to usually hit teams on the break with the pace of Tommy Lemar, Kylian Mbappe, and Radamel Falcao Garcia

GK

CWB-CD-CD-CWB

WP (a)-DLP (d)-CM (d)-WM (a)

SS (a)

CF (s)

PIs

WM (a) - Dribble More, Cut Inside with Ball, Cross Less Often, Roam From Position

Thomas Lemar role as he usually cuts inside from the left

SS (a) - Roam From Position, Swap with ST

CF (s) - Move Into Channels

I think you are also incorrect on the Falcao role. IMO, Mbappe and Falcao seems to swap duties at times so maybe swap positions PI can do here. Falcao scores for fun so I don't think an AM (s) role is even close to emulating his play.

Are those two WBs on attack or one on support and the other on attack? Wouldn't you say Lemar was a playmaker as well since he drifted in centrally, creating a 3 man midfield? thought he was less direct than Bernardo tbh. I scrapped the AM (s) role too after playing some games and instead went for a SS on attack like you did 

2 hours ago, Moutorious said:

Are those two WBs on attack or one on support and the other on attack? Wouldn't you say Lemar was a playmaker as well since he drifted in centrally, creating a 3 man midfield? thought he was less direct than Bernardo tbh. I scrapped the AM (s) role too after playing some games and instead went for a SS on attack like you did 

Two on attack, sorry. 

As for Lemar, I wouldn't say he is a playmaker as he also has an eye for goal and if you want to create a temporary 3-man midfield, you can always use the Sit Narrower PI