does anyone know why the editor doesn't come out with the beta

the editor coming out with the beta would really help the people who make league systems. I know lots of people really like to have them. for me i feel i need nigeria, the middle east and a east asian nation that will not be named. Surely releasing the editor earlier would make it possible for people to start their main save before Christmas. 

The problem will most likely be available elated to late code changes between beta & final release increasing the likelihood of custom files created in a beta build causing crashes on the final release code.

There is also the issue of time, the pre-release beta tends to be a two week window which doesn't really give enough time to create a custom file with fully updated & tested data.

What Barside said.  The beta is about making sure the game is stable enough for the main release (plus a nice little incentive for pre-order), and allowing the editor would make that job markedly more difficult.

I'd imagine the numbers that don't use the editor will be far larger than those that say they need the editor

A Beta is about testing the game pre release to iron out any bugs. It is essentially a giant test of the game on the customers. As such, it makes no sense to give anything that can alter the game in any way. You want to know all bug reports come from the core game code, not from add-ons.

35 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

A Beta is about testing the game pre release to iron out any bugs. It is essentially a giant test of the game on the customers. As such, it makes no sense to give anything that can alter the game in any way. You want to know all bug reports come from the core game code, not from add-ons.

That's an excellent point, SI could waste valuable time chasing down a reported bug that is a result of an error in an edited file.

3 hours ago, Barside said:

The problem will most likely be available elated to late code changes between beta & final release increasing the likelihood of custom files created in a beta build causing crashes on the final release code.

There is also the issue of time, the pre-release beta tends to be a two week window which doesn't really give enough time to create a custom file with fully updated & tested data.

while two weeksnot enough to make a whole megapack, it is enough to get started either making it possible to start a proper save sooner, or making it possible to make major world leagues that are not in the game already available by the start of the real game. good examples are nigeria, a country where poorer European leagues sign a lot of players from, and the east Asian country i will not name, who are a key player in asian continental competion.  

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

What Barside said.  The beta is about making sure the game is stable enough for the main release (plus a nice little incentive for pre-order), and allowing the editor would make that job markedly more difficult.

I'd imagine the numbers that don't use the editor will be far larger than those that say they need the editor

of all the people i know in real life, most like to have real life league databases loaded, because many of the African leagues offer very good cheap players

54 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

i am aware of that. i do not want the editor so people can use databases during the beta. i want the editor out earlier so the people, like classen who make megapacks or the people who add all the players to the east asian country that i will not name's league system can start working on them sooner. 

2 minutes ago, will221996 said:

of all the people i know in real life, most like to have real life league databases loaded, because many of the African leagues offer very good cheap players

That's great, and the editing scene is clearly very busy, but it's going to be nowhere near a majority of players.  And I didn't say people who "like" to have edited databases, as most of those will be content to wait the 2 weeks it takes the editor to drop.

There are valid reasons why they wait, and they are always going to outweigh the desires of a very small minority of users.  Stability is more important.

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

That's great, and the editing scene is clearly very busy, but it's going to be nowhere near a majority of players.  And I didn't say people who "like" to have edited databases, as most of those will be content to wait the 2 weeks it takes the editor to drop.

There are valid reasons why they wait, and they are always going to outweigh the desires of a very small minority of users.  Stability is more important.

but i dont see how i negatively effects stability 

People edit things, they add them to the game, something breaks, they raise a bug which is nothing to do with the core game and purely down to poor editing.  That takes time away from looking at bugs they should actually be fixing.

Or they could get inundated with bug reports purely for the editor, which they don't want to look at.  Leaving bug reports to pile up for something you know you're not going to look at isn't great customer service.

There really is no reason for SI to risk releasing it early.

3 minutes ago, forameuss said:

People edit things, they add them to the game, something breaks, they raise a bug which is nothing to do with the core game and purely down to poor editing.  That takes time away from looking at bugs they should actually be fixing.

Or they could get inundated with bug reports purely for the editor, which they don't want to look at.  Leaving bug reports to pile up for something you know you're not going to look at isn't great customer service.

There really is no reason for SI to risk releasing it early.

they could just disable the ability to load editor data in the beta

1 hour ago, will221996 said:

they could just disable the ability to load editor data in the beta

Doesn't stop bug reports for the editor, and it defeats pretty much the only point of having the editor in the first place.  You're now limiting this concession to the very small minority of people who care about this head start.  It's still not really worth the extra problems it causes.

Archived