How much can current ability (CA) increase once player turns 24?

Players continue to improve right up until their peak which varies. There are in game tool tips that will tell you when a player of a certain position is most likely to peak , but they aren't set in stone. 23/24 is still early in a footballers career, so they will still improve, just not as quick as a 17 year old.

The limit at that point can still be their PA, it depends how far away they are from it.

8 hours ago, jhenrywilson2 said:

I have bought a few players who are 23/24, and have high potential abilities but have not quite reached them. Is there a limit to how much a player's current ability (CA) can increase once they reach 24?

Thanks,

Henry

(sorry my english)

A player can improve in two ways: 

1- potentiel abilities (PA) 

2- consistency

In my save-game, Ousmane Dembele has already reached his PA, and he is only 23 year old. The only way for Dembele to be even lot better, is by improving his consistency to the highest stage (20), which he hopefully will reach when he gets 28-29 year old.

For a comparison, I recruited a 25 and 26 year old midfielder for Skeid, Norway.  We were in First Division (2nd tier) and they played the bulk of the games.  Both players gained about 10 on their CA over the course of the season and that is for a part time semipro club with 2-3 star coaches and mid range training facilities.  They are both pretty determined and professional players which we know also helps.

I could easily see you getting much more than that if you're at a place with better coaches/facilities.  Of course still that random chance.

I wouldn't be surprised though if there was some bias against seeing physical attributes go up though. I'd probably focus more on mental and technical ones.

In FM16 I saw my new EPL get a lot of growth in my 24 y/o German transfer. He still got the "playing at a much higher level than before" boosts too according to the coaches.

Archived