Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
ryan045

La Liga Dominance

I'm around 10 years into my save (Not managing in La Liga) and have taken notice of some interesting dominance. Although I'm sure some of you have seen more bizzare things, I was quite impressed.

9hi92r.png

Also thought it was quite fascinating  to see Zidane still in charge with no La Liga titles won or Champions Leagues.

35cftd3.png

Worth mentioning that all the top 5 leagues are set to playable and full detail. Has anybody else seen any interesting developments into there saves or an unusual cases like this. Let me know

Edited by ryan045

The monopoly/duopoly in Scotland often ends after a few years and stays gone, has done for several versions.  Actually ends up being quite changable.

2026/27 and Ajax are about to win the Eredivisie for the 12th year running. 

Untitled.thumb.png.83acb8353f13fe8a54b81ac59e3dca9b.png

This is one of the things that fascinates me with FM. No two save games are ever the same! On my long term save, it is England that has dominated with the Champions League being won by English clubs every year, and most years the semi finals have three English teams. The Spanish teams seem to get to the knockouts but can't compete with Man Utd, City and Spurs. PSG are the only side to come close, but are spending inordinate amounts of money to try and compete. 

In my FM13 career (which is now 27 seasons in), Hibernian have become the dominant force in Scotland. They got a Greek tycoon takeover in 2014, won the SPL for the first time in 2018, and have won 11 of the 19 titles contested since 2021. Celtic and Rangers have only won three apiece in that time, while Hearts and Motherwell have had brief spells as champions, though they were quite some time ago.

La Liga is rather more competitive - Barcelona and Real Madrid aren't always getting their own way. Real Sociedad are the current back-to-back champions, while Real Betis have won the league four times during the save.

Serie A and the Bundesliga are usually dominated by Juventus and Bayern Munich, as you'd expect, though they're not winning titles every single year. Empoli and Borussia Dortmund are their main rivals.

And what about the Premier League? I'm afraid it's become a Manchester duopoly, with the very occasional London challenge from Arsenal or Chelsea.

In my save game, Real Madrid have just gone the entire season unbeaten (winning all their league games :P) and have continued their run into the next season so far I think as well, all with Arsene Wenger at the helm :)

Roma won two league titles back-to-back in 2016-2018, but Juventus have taken the last three; Roma may sneak back in front this season.

Bayern have won nine straight Bundesligas going back to 2012 and are six points ahead with eight games to play.  Leverkusen are almost certain to finish 2nd for the fifth year running.

Monaco halted PSG's winning run in 2020/21m but PSG will reclaim the league this season.

Starting in 2016, Madrid won three straight La Ligas.  Barcelona have won the last two.  Real and Atletico are currently tied on points with six matches to play.  No team outside that trio has made the top 3.

The Scottish duopoly is going strong with Rangers winning in 2021 and Celtic every year before.

England is Arsenal and Manchester United.  The only interesting promotion has been Wolves making it back into the Premier League.  Stoke and Leicester have both been relegated, though Stoke has come back.  Otherwise it's exactly as you'd expect, though City aren't as good as they should be.

did Barca sign Guardiola and used Messi as defensive winger or what?