Improvement to Online Game

I hope someone from the Development Team can see this thread.

I am a long time Football Manager player and have always enjoyed a network/online games. The major problem with these types of games, I am sure you’ll agree is that 2 or more managers in the game really need to be playing at the same time. I wanted to write you and suggest an idea to improve the online game, which you may have already discussed and or tested.

It would allow the ability for one player to play with his team without the other player needing to be online. This would allow him to play league matches, where the other side not involved and cup matches up to the next round or if the other player's team is knocked out then maybe even further. Obviously both managers will need to be active to play each other and during transfers windows, however, this would account for not a huge percentage of the season overall.

It would allow great flexibility for players to play that may not be able to meet because of work, family or whatever else and for those who want to play that may live in different time zones. The game itself, I imagine will need to be hosted on a server both players can access easily, however, this would have the added bonus of keeping it fair for both players and protect against any database changes one or another player may wish to make.

I believe the idea is feasible with the technology available and as a consumer would love to see it in practice. If you could let me know if this kind of thing is being developed I would love to know, and if not can it be?

The whole point of the game online is for people to play together as a group to play against each other, put bids in for the same players etc to see who is the best. What you are describing is just a normal game of FM to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Andy H locked this topic

Archived