Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
dannyrefc

How do you view your matches/ how long to finish a season?

hello, whats everyones setup, i usually only comm but feel the need to switch to key and 3d now the game is more mico management and simulation than older versions. 

also how long does it take you to get through a season with your preferred choice.

This is FM16 (never competed a full season on 17)

Game Setup: All leagues plus a German level 5 file with all comps running full detail.

Matches: Mostly comprehensive (speed middle +3 notches) in 3D (max settings)

Takes anywhere between 20-24 hours per season.

interesting to see you havent done a season on 17 yet barside being a regular on the forums, resons for this ? 

FM16

French leagues (to national)

Matches: Full match, normal speed, 3D

Between 150 and 180 hrs per season.

FM16. more or less full match on 2D and my imagination..

13 minutes ago, dannyrefc said:

Whats with everyone playing fm16? 

I refer you to Barside's answer

It'd be nice to keep this thread on topic, I expect that we've all covered our reasons for preferring one version over another in other threads.

I only play with commentary so I get past seasons quite fast. The match engine just ain´t up to scratch in terms of realistically capture football matches at it´s best. A design and match engine like FIFA and it might get worth while watching matches. At this point it´s stand still so only commentary for me. Perhaps 14 hours if I sketch past with only commentary for a season. Also the best way of seeing progress in the game and it´s different leagues, otherwise you are stuck in the same season all the time. Nothing more boring than that. 

1 hour ago, FootballTrainer said:

I only play with commentary so I get past seasons quite fast. The match engine just ain´t up to scratch in terms of realistically capture football matches at it´s best. A design and match engine like FIFA and it might get worth while watching matches. At this point it´s stand still so only commentary for me. Perhaps 14 hours if I sketch past with only commentary for a season. Also the best way of seeing progress in the game and it´s different leagues, otherwise you are stuck in the same season all the time. Nothing more boring than that. 

This is laughable, the FIFA match experience looks nice but under the hood the actual match simulation is years behind the current FM match engine, can you even watch a fully simulated 90 minute match on FIFA17?

I always go 2D classic on mainly key. Used to watch 3D but I feel you can properly analyse the match on 2D better. Takes about a week for a season I'd say, no idea in hours. FM 16 as 17 got corrupted.

I tend to watch matches in 3D, with highlight speed set four notches from the fastest setting. I almost always have highlights set to 'Extended', though I have put that setting on 'Comprehensive' or even 'Full Match' for major cup finals.

2 hours ago, FootballTrainer said:

A design and match engine like FIFA and it might get worth while watching matches.

FIFA does not realistically simulate a full 90-minute football match in the way that FM does.

Try watching a '20-minute' FIFA match in real time (i.e. each second in FIFA takes one second in reality). Even better, go back to a retro edition of FIFA where you could actually play a proper 90-minute match. Oh joy. I tried this on FIFA 2000 once, pitting the AI vs itself, and I lost interest at half-time because the scoreline was more akin to ice hockey than football.