Sports Interactive Community

On 9/14/2017 at 18:11, Atarin said:

Are there any scenarios where you would use the 4-4-2 hybrid from the off?

The 4-4-2 Hybrid is kinda my fallback formation. If I hit an oddball formation, and I don't have a good idea about where to go, then I'm likely to go with the Hybrid. Similarly, the Hybrid is a common plan B if my prefer formation isn't working.

Connecting back to your first question, my roster is built primarially around the 4-4-2 Hybrid. With an extra sub for MC , DC, and AF (a), the Hybrid roster can become any of the other formations. So, if injuries hit hard, the Hybrid is typically available when other formations aren't. The hybrid also normally puts the best 11 on the roster on the field with good subs.

The Hybrid is all about balance and doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. It may not have any great strengths, but it's a great utility tool. If I was to pick a single formation to build a system around, it would be the Hybrid. 

This is easily the best thing I have read on the forum period.

On 10/6/2017 at 01:54, ramie said:

This is easily the best thing I have read on the forum period.

Then you haven't read enough yet. But I do appreciate the compliment. I'm glad you like it.

On 10/6/2017 at 16:04, wkdsoul said:

Nice, gonna try this with my Cowboys team...

5859c4c5b384e_DallasCowboys_OverviewProf

Might work better with the Packers.... Just saying. 

*cough* 35/34 to 31 *cough* choke artists *cough*

4 hours ago, VinceLombardi said:

Then you haven't read enough yet. But I do appreciate the compliment. I'm glad you like it.

Might work better with the Packers.... Just saying. 

*cough* 35/34 to 31 *cough* choke artists *cough*

That better?? :)

59dbba58dca65_GreenBayPackers_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.e177673901b53bed7da5e81822234b19.png

5 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

That better?? :)

59dbba58dca65_GreenBayPackers_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.e177673901b53bed7da5e81822234b19.png

Oh yeah. That's the good stuff.

I would say though, the mod needs to add another derby with Chicago Bears. That's a way more important game for the Pack.

Also, adding at least Cowboys as historic rivals. The 90s 'Boys are the only reason Farve didn't have another ring. He just could not win in Dallas. 

I would also strongly consider adding the Giants as historic rivals. They beat us in Lambeau on their way to Superbowl victories twice. Once was beating a 15-1 team that was by far the strongest in the league that year. Less history and I'm not sure its mutual, but those losses stung.

That said, still looks good. And seems the results are looking better for you too. :)

Edited by VinceLombardi

17 hours ago, VinceLombardi said:

I would say though, the mod needs to add another derby with Chicago Bears. That's a way more important game for the Pack.

Also, adding at least Cowboys as historic rivals. The 90s 'Boys are the only reason Farve didn't have another ring. He just could not win in Dallas. 

I would also strongly consider adding the Giants as historic rivals. They beat us in Lambeau on their way to Superbowl victories twice. Once was beating a 15-1 team that was by far the strongest in the league that year. Less history and I'm not sure its mutual, but those losses stung.

That said, still looks good. And seems the results are looking better for you too. :)

I made it, i just went of the NFL rivalries on wikipedia (same for the derbies etc). I made the NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB teams into a 7 tier usa).

They all play in the leagues but have specfic cups (superbowl/stanely/world series etc). for the right teams :) 

On 10/10/2017 at 13:02, wkdsoul said:

I made it, i just went of the NFL rivalries on wikipedia (same for the derbies etc). I made the NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB teams into a 7 tier usa).

They all play in the leagues but have specfic cups (superbowl/stanely/world series etc). for the right teams :) 

Very cool. I was going to check it out with my 17 save, but Mich-Car is keeping my attention on the rare times I get to play. It looks like it's really well designed.

I definitely hope that you follow up with the Chicago Bears - Packers derby. It's the oldest running rivalry in football and remarkably close. Before their last game the series all-time was tied and the point differential only favored Green Bay by 3 points. Pretty impressive considering they have played each other nearly 200 times.

Definately more meaningful to both franchises than any other game on the scedule.

On 10/10/2017 at 00:50, VinceLombardi said:

What would you call the pack/bear derby game (i;m updating at the min). added the cowboys too. 

On 8/6/2017 at 16:01, Anaconda Vice said:

Fantastic thread. I have been reading it for the past day or two. Trying to soak up as much info as possible.

I love the idea of being able to exploit deficiencies in other formations and these are perfect. Love the thorough explanation for each of the choices.

I do have one question though. I have faced a 2DM formation twice and both times found it easy to keep a clean sheet, but struggled to score. I have been using 4-6-0. Would you consider something else to combat a two DM system?

The formation in question looks like this.

Formation.png.4c161ea5784314ca6769cfbe47eafc9f.png

My two cents. I have found that with two DM formations like this, my first priority is being able to defend the opponent's counterrattacks, before figuring out how to create a number of meaningful attacks against them. A system that has worked for me in the few times i have faced this kind of formation is one that overloads the middle and either a) affords space for late runners into the attacking third to dictate play/finish an attacking move and 

b) Allows for late runs into the attacking third by my wingbacks, who are instructed to (depending on how much space they have to play into/run into) send risky balls or TAKE SHOTS themselves. 

Hope this helps. 

On 11/19/2017 at 16:30, wkdsoul said:

What would you call the pack/bear derby game (i;m updating at the min). added the cowboys too. 

Halas-Lombardi Classic?

On 11/23/2017 at 04:48, loisvale said:

Do these principles hold true for FM18? A very interesting take on it and certainly going to explore. 

I have no idea. It works in 17, but I mainly play 16.