Increasing number of bi-national regens in a specific country

PLP1288

Hello there!

I am currently working on a tweaked database for regen names to be more plausible- I have found ways to deal with most of the problems I had reagarding name database by using defunct nations (such as East Germany or Zaire) - please do not hesitate to ask me if you should be interested as I haven't found info on this workaround online :).

Yet one thing I can't find out is how to increase the number of regens with 2 nationalities.

Here is the example: for instance (and due to the large number of IRL cases of this happening), you'd often find R.D. Congo/Belgian bi-national regens, or Turkish/German bi-national regens. As I am now working on Switzerland, the main nationalities you find replicated in regens are Kosovar/Swiss, Albanian/Swiss and Italian/Swiss, as per the database. 

However, even if you create massive numbers of, say, Thai/Swiss regens, this doesn't impact the number of regens with said ancestry at all.

Would any of you have an idea of how this works?

Thank you very much!

I believe that's true. 

Many people have tried to change this but there is something hardcoded in the game that spits out standard numbers of regens etc. It's the same with the names. Must be hardcoded. 

It's a shame really even though I can see it's a can of worms if people could start adjusting the number of certain nationalities/backgrounds. 

Hello Fredrik and thanks for your answer...

Well if it's so then so be it. This being said, I have found a way to alter which database the games draws its names from for specific countries. It is lenghty and somewhat tedious but works very well.

If anyones is interested in how, I'm happy to let you know :)

Maybe you can try to increase percent of second nationalities in some nation and test for 10 seasons on holiday. Maybe game use default percent for future.

Similar thing is with names. When you add new name to database game will use this based by number of that name in default database.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again to both of you - sorry for the dely in my reply.

Well krlenjushka that's exactly what I tried, and it doesn't work... Seems to be hard-coded for some reason.

That being said Fredrik, I found a workaround indeed - what you need to do is create a new language, assign it to a nation with no personnel (Zaire, Micronesia, East Germany etc..) and then create Agents or Journalists (for some reason, only those would work) with the names you want to appear as regens.

After that, you assign the language you created to the cities in the country you want to change the names in, and it works for people born in said cities.

This creates some issues, but none of them too jarring - let me know if this is unclear :)

6 hours ago, PLP1288 said:

That being said Fredrik, I found a workaround indeed - what you need to do is create a new language, assign it to a nation with no personnel (Zaire, Micronesia, East Germany etc..) and then create Agents or Journalists (for some reason, only those would work) with the names you want to appear as regens.

After that, you assign the language you created to the cities in the country you want to change the names in, and it works for people born in said cities.

This creates some issues, but none of them too jarring - let me know if this is unclear :)

Thanks

I will try this path. It sounds plausible and is nothing I would have thought of. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again!

Sorry for the delay, I was away on holidays.

So I am running my game as stated and it works fine - just one thing you need to address: in my game, the regens whose language (in this case, Swiss-German) I have assigned to Micronesia but to cities in Switzerland - actually look like Micronesians (dark complexions and dark hair) - whilst those from Zaire (which I have assigned to all cities in D.R. Congo) unfathomably are mostly European-looking. So look into that before assigning any nationality to your new language :I)

Good to know. I was going to use Zaire for Afrikaans. Maybe that would be ok then. Anyway i'll wait until FM18 now. Perhaps do some testing on 17 first but not sure since I'm not sure it can be used. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another workaround (been using it for 5 years) is to put cities or creates cities from Switzerland (in your example) in a thai region. You will then have switzerland born thai regens.

I'm not sure it works in big countries with many cities,

I remember doing something like that with regions to try and make everyone born in Barcelona have a "Catalan" second nationality that was mostly unusable (although they might have played friendlies with players who hadn't committed to Spain yet).

I've also wondered if it would be possible to localize such players to a specific club. In North American lower divisions, for example, there are a number of "ethnic" clubs such as Woodbridge Azzurri, London Portuguese, even clubs representing local communities from places like Eritrea. In those cases the coaches and often the players coming through are more likely to have dual nationality from a specific country.

• 3 weeks later...

If you make a club in your nation with "Based Nation" set to another nation, and put their stadium in a place in that nation, then the regens will be from the based nation.

For instance, if you make a team in England, set their based nation to Scotland, then made it so their stadium is in Scotland, too, their regens will be Scottish.

This doesn't solve your problem, but will lead to more dual nationals, as whilst they won't have dual nationality, or be able to gain it at their original club, due to the fact the game will consider it a club in your nation, these players will move to other clubs in your nation where they will eventually be able to claim the second nationality.

Archived