Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
ssrider

Need an As Man. for Monaco

Topic pretty much sums it up.  Im looking for a new assistant manager in my 4th season at Monaco.  I currently have Brian Mcclair whos done an ok job for me, but his contract is up at the end of the year and i dont want to re-sign him.  Usually when i look for an as-man i look for cheap decent stat guys.  

I want to really sign Rui Faria as he was released by United, but he says we dont face strong enough competetion.  Moneys no issue really and im looking for someone like Faria if i cant get Faria.  Any suggestions?

In what way does this not answer your question? 

The first link you come across gives Brian Mcclair as second best and Rui Faria as best. If you can't get Faria and don't want Mcclair anymore you can pick out of the other 18 given. 

Or you could try the staff search button...

@ssrider

Given that you are four seasons into the save, original staff attributes will have altered and other newgen staff will have entered your save which are unique to your save.

Therefore the best thing for you to do is use the in game job centre as thats what its for.  Advertise for an AM, see who applies, sign the one you think is best.

38 minutes ago, Kalme Saki said:

In what way does this not answer your question? 

The first link you come across gives Brian Mcclair as second best and Rui Faria as best. If you can't get Faria and don't want Mcclair anymore you can pick out of the other 18 given. 

Or you could try the staff search button...

I apologize, i thought it was supposed to be humorous telling me google is my friend.

I was just wanting other managers opinions on who they like to use and who might become good

2 hours ago, MHovel said:

How do you often use the Assistent manager?

Friendly...opp. instructions, trainibg during season(not individual)..sometimes pep talks, interviews

Do you think Bernhard Peters would be a good assman?  He has such great stats but hes apparently way better as HOYTD 

I always prioritise media handling when looking for an assistant, seeing as thats the only thing they can really mess up for me.

1 hour ago, ssrider said:

Do you think Bernhard Peters would be a good assman?  He has such great stats but hes apparently way better as HOYTD 

@ssrider

IMO he has all the stats to be a very good ass manager.

How much precentage you are standing in your scouting knowledge? (the higher the presentage, the more staff members you can find).

After 4 year in game, you might be able to get some good newgens when searching by attributes (also, incase your scouting knowledge is high and you are playing with large database).

For HOYTD, in case you are bringing one for coaching role only and you don't want to set him to bring regens to your club he might be good aswell, but also a waste IMO.

2 reasons that just came to my mind are (maybe there are more):

1. his scouting knowledge (only germany after i checked him in my current save), if you want him to bring good youngsters to your club, you want your HOYTD to have a good scouting knowledge from more than one country (countries such as brazil, argentina, germany spain etc... might bring you some talents) including the attributes such as, determanation, judging player potential, ability etc... (attributes that a scout required), also tactical knowledge for him in order to bring players that might fit to your tactic but with tactical knoledge i won't bother because you can always sell a talent that doesn't fit your system (there are more aspects, not sure my english is good enough to make it much clear). 

in addition, since he has 19 man management and 20 working with youngsters (and also other great attribute that you desire for training, tactical knowledge for friendlies and good media handling), i would defently would try to get him as an assistant manager.

I will explain why, (incase you don't know) Man management is important for the quality of the training for senior players (24+ age), it's also important for other senior coaches and not only for assistant managers.

The "working with youngsters" affect the quality of the training for young players, it's therefor important for the youth and reserve coaches (don't bother to search man management for under 18 coaches, all you need is working with youngsters in order for the coaches to affect the qaulity of the training).

why in my opinion he would be good assistant manager? because the assistant manager also involved in the under 18's and he has the required attribute you want from an assistant manager also that can fill the job you want him to do, and he will be great for both, senior team training and under 18's, while if you bring him as a HOYTD, he will be responsible only for the under 18's training.

about media handling, I don't know how you want him to handle the media (play mind game, evasive, media friendl etc...) it's up to you, I actually like Evasive :D, but again, it's up to you.

I hope i didn't missed any detail, in case i did, my apology. 

111.png