[FM17] Am I Mad or just Crazy, A Europe Challenge

HawkAussie

July 28, 2018

Chapter 12: The transfer

Preparing for the next match against Babelsberg, I received word that someone wanted me for a chat. For starters, I was bit confused as I told my assisted manager to tell people that if I am in my office, they don’t break my concertation. When I asked who it was, all he could say was a “manager” from Austria.

Hoping that this wasn’t a joke, I let him in and after introducing himself to be one of the managers from the Austrian Second Tier who his team just got promoted into. After that quick introduction, he went straight into why he was here.

Ronald: So my scouts have been in Germany, and discovered about buying one of your players to join our team.

Me: And who are you looking at in particular?

Ronald: Guillaume Cros

Me: Hmmm, well he is one of our limited options in the left backline and he is sharing with Marcel Trojandt in that spot.

Ronald: My scouts noticed that too when we looking. So we are tempted to make an offer on this player.

Me: *hesitancy* Ok, what is the offer

Ronald: $14,000 upfront and another thirty-five hundred on top of that with bonuses as he will be playing mostly in the first team.

Me: Well he is around that overall price at the moment so, maybe a little bit higher for the bonuses maybe 3.75k for it.

Ronald: I think we got a deal there.

Me: Thank you for good business with you and hope that your team can survive.

Ronald: Me too

And with that our of the way, I went back to business and finish up the plan for the game against Babelsberg not noticing that I had a message on my phone with it being on silent while I did that deal.

Pre Season/July 2018

Ahh, so we as start on a brand new season, I thought I might combine the two of Preseason and July into one post with the attention of hopefully doing the familiar. Also it may be because we had such a short pre-season.

POUCrec.png

Starting off with the transfers and so far it has been a quiet transfer window with Free agents leaving while bringing in two players. The big story so far has been the selling of Guillaume Cros to SPG FC Pasching for 14 thousand with the potential to be 17 thousand if bonuses are met.

btHxSMy.png

Now he might not be the best player that is out there on the market, but with those skills covering the right and left side. He could be a player that could be featured in our first eleven for this season if played right.

x2vTkCh.png

Before you ask, this player actually does exist and much like my previous player, could be good to use in the midfield with high passing and technique. He might not have the best dribbling in the team but with a bit of work, he could be good for us.

HIpLvMZ.png

Our pre-season was what I would call ok, after drawing with Hamburger SV in our first friendly, we defeated Bernburg before drawing with Halle. In the league, we got off to a shaky start by losing to Bautzen 1-0 before winning our next two games 3-1 and 2-1 against teams we should defeat.

PJ8iaQs.png

So looking at the early ladder and we have Jena on top early on as they and BFC Dynamo are the only clubs to go 3 from 3 while for us, we lie in 5th place at the moment just ahead of Viktoria 1889 by goals scored.

ChubHaX.png

We are predicted to go in the opposite direction which isn't good as we are predicted to finish in 11th place with Zwickau who has been relegated to our division 3rd.

12 hours ago, smp20 said:

We all love a crazy challenge :p Best of luck! Lok Leipzig are a great side to start with as well. So much history

Yeah, you need some crazy challenges from the normal ones on here.

During this save, I have an excel spreadsheet going on and well I found this interesting stat while looking over the teams that made Group Stage.

5ewjvIj.png

You can see that France are on top with ten teams at least making the group stage of a European competition that hadn't won a European club championship which is mental but reasonable. What shocked me though was Turkey with 7 and they are not a big league compared to the big five.

August 2018

hfnvipm.png

I don't know what to say other than the fact that it might have been a good month for us with two wins against teams that we should defeat and taking it up to against BFC Dynamo. But that annoying red dot against Red Bull Leipzig II is just making me question why I did change my tactic during that game.

fIGn2o2.png

Here we go again with the big margin as Jena has opened up a four-point lead after seven games so far as they are trying to run away with it. For us, we are in the exact position we were in last season with 13 points so far but yet we are higher than last year which could be a good thing I don't know.

September 2018

rzwPnrs.png

An almost perfect month for us with critical wins against teams that we should defeat. The other games we seemed to struggle with the game against Zwickau being a bore fest with barely any highlights. The other game against Cottbus we seem to struggle against and as our lower league bogey team, we need those wins to give us a chance at the title.

uUy6eMY.png

Jena is completely dominating this season as they have opened up a six-point lead from the rest of the pack. In our position, we have hit our best start for this game as we hit 7-2-3 which is our best result so far for this save.

October 2018

T7qgUtK.png

Where is 1800 why me number as I didn't understand how this month just went completely and utterly bad with only one win from the entire month against a team that we were expected to win. Then from there it just went downhill with us losing to Meuselwitz (WHICH IS IN LAST PLACE) and we just lost the nack for goals now with strikers not even getting anywhere near it and the players just like yeah whatever.

QmAvaXg.png

If we had gotten those wins, that margin would have easily shrunk to maybe 5 or six points needed. But instead, we lost a point to the leaders as we now fall 11 points behind the leader. Basically, we now need a miracle to win this from now on because I now am not feeling the love for it with these terrible performances that we are having.

November 21, 2018

Chapter 13: So that is why there are cameras here

Checking through my messages to see if anything interesting popped out in terms of news, I see a message from my friend with the message being “I’m helping you”. Now I thought that this was a weird message to send out to me especially when he was in the Netherlands doing his job as an IT worker.

That what I thought he was doing until I started to message him which I got the biggest surprise of my life. The fact is that in his spare time, he is doing his National C license despite having no previous experience in the football field. Of course, I wondered why he was helping me out with this mammoth job if he already had a job in IT as that was a stable job for himself where football is an unstable game of luck and hope.

Before finishing the phone call (it became one as he wanted to chat instead of text message), he said that he actually headed to one of the games that I managed in. During the game, he heard rumours that the fan base was creating a YT channel for the club in which the board agreed but in exchange for some of the profit that the channel is making. At least that understands why I am seeing camera people in our fan base from this season onwards.

November/December 2018

ZrcPnSO.png

So another good month for our team, with us getting wins against opposition that we were expected to defeat and with clean sheets to go along with that which is a bonus in my books. The only blemish in that month being against Babelsberg where we outplayed and outlasted as they had four go past us in what was a domination for them.

VIPO0mt.png

The good news is that we have gained a point on the leader to shrink the gap to ten points with 13 games to go left of the season. So really there is still loads to play for to win this title and hopefully promotion into the 3. Liga.

2018/19 Europe update

zar5ruP.png

In the Champions League, Rubin and Olympiakos are the teams that qualified outside of the top 6 leagues as they will have some tough battles coming up against Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund. The most interesting match of this round has to be the match between Liverpool and Barcelona which is going to be one of the best matches in this round.

nL6mLDE.png

Over in the Europa League, some interesting teams have made it into the knockout phase with Zorya and Basaksehir being the odd teams in this draw. On the flip side of that, we have teams like Chelsea and AC Milan also in this group and might be favourites to take out the title.

Mid-season Break

JXcPStu.png

What is this, Lok Leipzig has spent money in the transfer window and before you ask yes we have as we brought on three new players while also two players on a free transfer which is kind of annoying but nothing you can do with that.

S3hiYBO.png

First up we have Filip Faletar who has good stats for this division with 14 vision, 12 first touch. Teamwork could do a little bit better with 4 but it might strengthen our midfield area.

cx1c2AH.png

As Kevin Rahut wanted no part of this, I did release him on a free and brought on this GK for a free and for this tier, does actually look good but how do I know who is good and who isn't

R8hCs9T.png

Now, this player was basically a steal at the price they wanted him for as he has 10+ stats on all his stats (bar vision and Passing) in his preferred role as an inside forward. But I don't know though if I am going to play him as an inside forward or put him in as a winger.

kEMAoUg.png

The Mid-season break was a good one for our friendlies with the only hiccup being the 2-1 lost against SPG FC Pasching who is in the second division of Austria. The other hiccup being against the second team of Zwickau but that was when I think my team was in holidat mode so they can get away with that.

February 2019

io2pPSt.png

Just the boring two matches this month and well it wasn't a good month as we could only score a point from the two games as our chances of possibly winning the title is starting to slip away from us which isn't a good sign.

p24rhF8.png

Other than the fact we have a new leader, only scoring one point from the two games have made us slip down to 7th as we lose ground to now 13 points. Let's only hope that we can kick some wins and chase down that margin to our best opportunity.

OOC: Yeah I downloaded a logo pack so now you see logos instead of plan unlisted logos.

March 11, 2019

Chapter 14: Anger management

After a deviating 3-0 lost to Viktoria 1889 the first reaction after the end of the match team talk was to throw something out. With this match being a game that we should have won easy I was not happy and said it to the team.

With me heading back to my car, I felt the need to break something because of how crap we played this match against and with Auerbach next which is just great as that has become our bogey team which isn’t good for us. How I gave them a five-year plan on getting the team from this fourth tier to possibly the second or even first if things went completely right.

The answer though that it hasn’t and time and time again, the assist wants us to play a 4-2-3-1 which is now not getting us anywhere. That with the fact that our strikers aren't scoring goals at all is making me worried about this team and the possible path that is heading and I know that my manager skills aren't top notch but in all honesty, we should be better than this.

I feel like this transfer window needs to see a complete shakedown of the team as this is what it will need to get us back on track. If not then I might as well give up on this dream and move to another club that hasn’t been in the European final before.

March 2019

BJLmkm2.png

To be honest, I don't know what happened this month as we just flopped and yet again it's our goalscoring that is letting it down with only four goals scored in seven games which aren't good enough at all for the title as we now out of the race.

FdPGKgC.png

The goal basically is now to try and finish in 6th place and with six games to go, I think we can get that but it's a big if on that front. At least now we can focus on just wins on the board to try and get confidence into next season.

2019 Youth Intake

zYABrb2.png

This one was a brilliant youth intake with four five-star potential players in our books to possibly give us the edge over our opposition with two midfielders and two defenders filling those spots.

quQ6mDD.png

A player who plays on the right side of midfield and with brilliant acceleration and pace as part of the mental state, he could easily be a good player for us in the future.

2fyg3wJ.png

Now we have one on the other side of the field and unlike the previous one, this one isn't something I would scream out and go yes this is the one.to give us a chance. But I hope that I will be wrong with that.

CIITD10.png

All I can say is look at that bravery of 18 and with teamwork being 16, this is a player that with some training can easily do the job for us. Of course, we will have to work on the tackling aspect but that will be nothing.

lUtsHXl.png

Our final player of the bunch that I will talk about is this 15 years old with excellent natural fitness and his aggression being the main points here. Of course with that aggression, I just hope he won't concede a lot of yellows.

April 2019

2ZJmSHK.png

Oh man, another bad month and that confirms that we will be staying in the 4th tier yet again for another season which is starting to annoy me but what are you suppose to do when the form of the team is shocking, to say the least. At least we did get a win over Berliner AK and even then that wasn't a convincing win to say the least.

fRfRLSA.png

Look at that bad form as we are probably going to finish in 8th place which in my eyes is going backwards not forward that we should be going.

May 2019

aMVk4T2.png

Only the two games for the month and all I can say is thank god that this year is over as we just fell in the second half of the year which will mean I will have to go the drawing board and just see where it did went wrong. Also it might be a wise choice to get some rid of my underperforming players whose contract is running out or won't be going into the side for next year.

0fJpFU7.png

And here is the final standings for the year and RBL II will be heading to the playoffs (at the time of writing this) as they finished over Jena by seven points. On the other end of the scale, we have Bautzen and Meuselwitz being relegated into the tier below. Special mention to Schonberg who was predicted to finish 16th and to get 6th is a brilliant achievement for the team.

2018/19 Club

aZVAOfs.png

That graph in the league positions section really just staggered as we couldn't get the critical wins to have a chance at being promoted. On the other side, our attendance is starting to go up which is always a good factor in a team which is starting to develop into a mid-rank team.

kGdzUgm.png

I have to say well done to Nick Hallbauer and Christopher Kracun for getting into the overall best eleven as they have been our main players in this team for the past year. Other than that, not much has changed.

FoGRgja.png

Again season awards not really much of a challenge with Daniel Becker and Mele Temguia both winning the main awards for the night. For Mele, that will be the last time we will see him win the young player of the season award with him being over 23 now.

Y4XYtwM.png

2018/19 Europe

33Ka9N9.png

We start our journey in England, with Arsenal yet again taking out the title with an almost perfect season in the league with the only blemish being against Chelsea who came in 3rd. West Bromwich is surprising everyone as finished in a Europa League spot yet again while on the other end of the scale we have Norwich, Swansea and Leeds going down.

7BwbyoV.png

All I can say is basically PSG won yet again while a club I have never heard of finished in 6th. In terms of relegation two of the three teams that got promoted went straight back down with only Stade de Reims being the odd one of the three.

S5iCg43.png

Borussia Dortmund took out the title in Germany by nine points over their near rival in Bayern Munich, while Red Bull Leipzig finished in the Champion League spots. Also, our affiliate club also got into the Europa League which is good as Hertha BSC and 1. FC Koln got relegated with the luck not going their way.

o3jZczu.png

It was a Juventus title yet again as them and Napoli traded places after Napoli won the title this year. The three Italians team that got relegated was promoted this season so it was a short stay for them.

f4sENOZ.png

A close run at the top sees Barcelona end up as champions by three points over Real Madrid while the big shock have to be Athletic Club who finished in 10th place.

B023y3J.png

In the Champions League, it was an all English final with Manchester United coming out on top by a single goal over Arsenal and showing why England is so dominant in the Sport Interactive scene and the possible bias to them.

aZxsEy4.png

All we can see is Chelsea took out the Europa League and Basel doing a wonderful job to get all the way to the Quarter Finals despite the league not being loaded in and also a dream run of Toulouse FC to making this far in the Quarter Finals.

D9A6Z0x.png

Here were the European results and only three teams actually competed in the Group Stage of the Champions League and stayed in with one team (Bayer Leverkusen) qualifying through to the knockout stage.

0WKKxi0.png

In the other leagues, we had four different winners and three promotions into the top tier with Alaves, Fulham and Middlesbrough all qualifying into the top tier while 1. FC Koln and Leeds United relegated. Other than that not much has changed at all.

2019 International

fU0VLBF.png

Starting our journey off in Africa and Senegal took out the title as they defeated Cameroon in penalties to secure Senegal's first title in history. The knockout stage though didn't really see any surprises in it.

RFWF5t6.png

Australia has taken out the Asian Cup for the second time in a row after they defeated surprise packet Oman in the final as they easily defeated them 5-1 in the final. Jordan was another surprise team in the knockout phase as they made it to the semifinals before falling short to Oman. Also we had the battle of the Koreas so yeah.

DwWPnDB.png

Brazil has taken out the title in the Copa America after they defeated Argentina 2-0 in the final. Really nothing else can be talked about, unless you talk about the shock Group Stage elimination of Uruguay.

2019 Pre SeasonXCTr6Ua.png

So once again, you can say it was a good window for us I assume with four going in while six went out of our squad and I feel like we continue to strengthen our starting 11.

XV0am9r.png

Now I felt we needed a new striker as Felix Brugmann wasn't cutting it for us, so we brought in this striker which has alright finishing and acceleration. His balance isn't good as I want it to be but with him playing as a possible advanced forward for our new tactic.

nFCdGkC.png

This was to aid our defence and look at that strength and jumping reach with them being in the 15+ range which will be good for us as we did lack jumping in the defence and hopefully he can fill in that space there as we will play him as a defensive centre back. Also look at the height as he is a tall person in there.

03VEo2d.png

A player that might not get much game time in this team but more of a backup option in case stuff happens to our main AM players.

hS5IY9z.png

Now, this player is what I would call a steal as I got him a free agent from Luckenwalde and quite frankly, this person could easily be a beast in the midfield and hopefully could be the signing of the season.

uI14Sxh.png

A mix pre-season for us as we took on higher ranked teams with the only friendly win being against Grimma which we demolished 4-0. Looking at the first three matches of the season, we have two home games including a game against newly promoted Kassel.

mNNU0e2.png

Of course, here is the odds for the season and look how high as we hopefully finish higher than 7th.

July 2019

WwT6ZVS.png

So the start of the season is a shaky start for us as we got off to our worse start in history as we finished up 1-1-1 which is better than I could hope for with our start that we got. First up we defeated Cottbus 5-1 in the opening game of the season after we changed our tactic midmatch to go into a strikerless formation and it worked. I just don't know why I didn't went with this tactic sooner because we then fell 1-4 and 1-1 against the newly promoted team in Kassel.

CRTJcns.png

So a little bit of a shaky start for us as we currently ranked in 9th place after three games but its way too early in the season and anything can and probably will happen.

On 09/10/2017 at 05:19, Griff09 said:

Could you link the database for the lower German Leagues please?

Here is the Regionalliga database that I got to get the fourth division as I don't think there is one on the SI editor page.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=795100763&searchtext=Region

Archived