[FM17] How to edit/remove text in specific news item (training development update from ass man)

OUFC

Another question from me on the specifics of removing references to CA and PA I'm afraid. Hoping someone (though it'll probably be Michael again :D) will be able to help.

I'd like to remove the reference to the standard of football that the player is able to play at in this training development update from my assistant manager. I've attached a screenshot showing which bit I'm trying to remove.

I'm aware I may not be able to remove this specific line of text, so would be happy to actually empty the entire news item itself so that it appears blank in the inbox. However, I can't locate the specific XML file (I've been looking in the news_items_panels folder).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Development news item.png

It might just use the generic 'inbox content with player report panel' xml file (I cannot test as I don't have that item in my inbox and my game is at the end of the season so it might take a while for it to appear).

This bit of code should control the top bits of text (grey on white bit):

<widget class="inbox_body_text" id="bdtx"/>

Deleting that should hopefully remove the text.

The other widget should control the green box stuff.

If that doesn't work try editing the same file found in the inbox subfolder, as there doesn't seem to be any method as to which version the game is actually using.

• 1 month later...

Archived