[Discussion] Tout Player for National Team Consideration

Harper

As a part of player/media interaction, could I, as a club manager, make a statement that could potentially influence a national team manager's squad decision?

For example, I found a 25 year old Brazilian newgen, natural DM that can play as a DC, who looked to be a good option for my Arsenal side. I signed him up, but he failed to get a work permit because he hasn't had any international appearances. Sidebar, he's a 25 year old regen that I signed in January 2018. I didn't realize newgens would be created in their mid twenties.

I loaned him out to FC Gronigen, where his form has been pretty good. Playing primarily as a central defender, 17 games, 4 goals, 3 assists, 5 player of the match awards, and a 7.21 average rating in his first season in the Eredivisie. The first half of his second season on loan, thus far, 17 games, 2 goals, 0 assists, 1 PoM, and a 7.05 avg rating. He's listed as the key player on the squad profile page.

As his manager, and in the interest of my team, I'd like to be able to make statements to the media that I think a player's form deserves a call up.

Or, as a counter to the media items that a player should be dropped from his national team for lack of appearances, that I can make a statement that a player's absence from my starting 11 doesn't reflect negatively on his ability, and that I believe he can still help his national team.

• 4 months later...

Archived