9 games in 1 month?

The real Celtic had nine matches last December, and they came out of that run unscathed, didn't they?

Trust me, you'll be fine, but squad rotation will be vital. :) To put it another way, don't burn out your best players before New Year's Eve! :D

The wonders of the British leagues not having a winter break, and being in the Champs league. I guess you had a couple of postponements from the group stage, and perhaps one for the final quali round too? I think Scotland starts early, right?

Anyway, that block of three home games from Hamilton to Partick should give you a good chance to rotate and rest players without risking too much a shock defeat! As FM says, these runs are hard on the legs but the momentum they generate is fantastic! 

2 hours ago, CFuller said:

The real Celtic had nine matches last December, and they came out of that run unscathed, didn't they?

Trust me, you'll be fine, but squad rotation will be vital. :) To put it another way, don't burn out your best players before New Year's Eve! :D

1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

The wonders of the British leagues not having a winter break, and being in the Champs league. I guess you had a couple of postponements from the group stage, and perhaps one for the final quali round too? I think Scotland starts early, right?

Anyway, that block of three home games from Hamilton to Partick should give you a good chance to rotate and rest players without risking too much a shock defeat! As FM says, these runs are hard on the legs but the momentum they generate is fantastic! 

I do however seem to have 3 weeks off right after this:

dh6rOR3.png

But a couple of injuries and I'm short in midfield, it's hard to field a proper team at times. So far still doing fine, but it's challenging.

14 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Scotland does have a Winter break.

I think I had 11 games in January with my Fulham side in League One as I was still going in all 4 competitions. When you have a decent 22-man team and some youngsters with potential to fill in gaps for injuries, it's pretty easy to navigate through such schedule :)

18 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

scotland has a 3 week (ish) break after new years. so you are busy BECAUSE of the winter break

I tell you, in the middle of a streak like this, it's just brilliant if one of the matches happens to be a decider of some kind that goes to extra time. :D

13 hours ago, Kick Wilstra said:

Try managing in Brasil, their schedules are crazy if you compete on all fronts.

Isn't it close to triple figures in terms of games if you get to the latter stages of every competition?  Very, very long seasons, somewhat broken up by the 20-odd games you can have absolutely pummeling minnows in the State Championships.

On 14-7-2017 at 09:26, forameuss said:

Isn't it close to triple figures in terms of games if you get to the latter stages of every competition?  Very, very long seasons, somewhat broken up by the 20-odd games you can have absolutely pummeling minnows in the State Championships.

Yes, I've basically use the State Championship as pre-season, perhaps 1 or 2 friendlies two test a new formation, but most pre-season work can be done against 4th division teams in the state championship.

6 hours ago, Chinook2000 said:

Its The SPL and your Celtic. Put your u18's out and you should still walk it.

Honestly the SPL isn't that easy.. there are a few bogey teams in there that will punish you if you play a heavyily weakened side.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived