How to Add Entry for CONCACAF ?

HuanaOva

I am trying to create a league for British Virgin Is, North America.

There are 8 teams which played in the real league last year, so i selected those teams in FM 17 editor.

I havent made any local league 2,  just 1 top league and Presidents cup.

My question:

1) How do I make sure, the top team of my league is  invited for the  CONCACAF  qualifiers?  Do I need to recreate CONCACAF format?  I am not at all sure what to do :)

2) How do I add my league and teams logo in FM 17 ?   I  have the logos ready, and downloaded Resource archiver from my steam.

Thanks

Hi HuanaOva,

1) As far as I know, teams from US Virgin Islands', as well as all other Caribbean teams' only way to qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League is by finishing in the top 3 of the CFU Club Championship (i.e. the Caribbean Champions League) for which you qualify by winning the US Virgin Islands' league. I think it should be hardcoded in the game that you already gain automatic qualification to that tournament once you created a US Virging Islands league. However, there's two problems with that: one being that the US Virgin Islands have only sent a team to the CFU Club Championship five times in the 21st century so I'm not sure whether FM has included an entry this year and two, I don't even know if the CFU Club Championship is actually in the game altogether. If not, you should add that (although I'm sure that you can find an edited file somewhere on this forum that includes the CFU Club Championship. I recommend you do this because in that case I'm sure that the US Virgin Islands champion is allowed entry into the CFU Club Championship).

Unless you want to completely alter the CONCACAF CL format, in which case you should change the format of that competition altogether.

2) Try to find an .xml file in your logos folder and the club ID's for all your US Virgin Islands teams (you can see them in the editor). Rename all the logos according to their Club ID and update the XML files so that every logo matches its team.

47 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

This isn't about entey but i do have a question about this... The database i am using has a thing called North American Champions league is that the same thing as CONCACAF

I think thats the old version of the comp from 2008ish (still in the editor though)

EDIT : Or this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639945715

hello. if you are still trying to do this in the classen league megapack (final pack 233 not sure if its in the others) there is the Caribbean club championship,to which teams from the virgin islands can qualify. if you want to make sure of it, load the file into the database and then under rules add a minimum of 1 club for the british virgin islands.

Archived