15 of 20 Penalties Missed in Shootout. 10 in a Row. Any Worse?

I know this is a known issue but it was unbelievable. I thought it was a loop and would go forever when i saw 10 missed in a row. Most of them were ugly penalties. Luckily it was my player who scored in the end.

I saw another thread telling 13/26 missed and 9 in a row but mine is far the worst i guess.

Anyone has a record worse than mine?

One of my Keepers is proving handy in a shootout :) in the last two seasons we have beaten City 4-1 (with City missing two) in the Super Cup, Everton 3-1 (four pens each) in the EFL Cup Final, and Valencia 3-0 (three pens each) in the Europa League Final, I also lost to Arsenal 3-2 (four pens each) in the EFL Cup, and have beat City again this time going to sudden death where we won 4-3 after six pens each.

So in the last five shootouts (all over the last two seasons) I have scored 15 from 21, whilst the AI has only managed 8 from 20 (No idea how that tallies with real life averages). Of course in the same time I have lost count of the normal pens we have missed, we missed I think five out of the seven normal pens we took last season :(

Going further back I've won 3-2 after nine pens total, 4-3 after six pens each, 5-4 after five pens each and lost 4-3 after five pens each - three of them were also in the EFL Cup.

At this point it would be incredibly interesting to know what is the largest number of penalties missed in a row in real life. My guess is 4. But that's just a guess. (Has to be competitive football that we have statistics for.)

Archived