Custom kits for created club not working in FM17

ademjh

In short, I've created kits for a club I've created on the editor, and they're simply not showing.

This is my config.xml for the kits:

<record>
    <!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
    <boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
    <boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->
    <!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
             in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
             place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
             files from the correct places
    -->

<list id="maps">
        <!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->
        <record from=“fcfrankfurt_1” to="graphics/pictures/team/2062002129/kits/home"/>
        <record from=“fcfrankfurt_2” to="graphics/pictures/team/2062002129/kits/away"/>
        <record from=“fcfrankfurt_3” to="graphics/pictures/team/2062002129/kits/third"/>

</list>
</record>

I for one cannot see any errors here, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

If it's a club you have created from scratch in the editor rather than through the create-a-club mode then make sure the ID you are using is the one that is assigned in the game not the editor as they might be different.

Also make sure you have done the basic stuff of making sure the filesnames match, they are saved as .png files not .PNG files, they are in the same folder as the config file and that you have turned off the skin cache and reloaded the skin.

On 7/9/2017 at 19:51, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If it's a club you have created from scratch in the editor rather than through the create-a-club mode then make sure the ID you are using is the one that is assigned in the game not the editor as they might be different.

Also make sure you have done the basic stuff of making sure the filesnames match, they are saved as .png files not .PNG files, they are in the same folder as the config file and that you have turned off the skin cache and reloaded the skin.

I have taken all such steps and I have had absolutely no luck. I know there is no issue with the images themselves as I've replaced Arsenal's kits with my creations as a tester and renamed them to align with the config file for that specific kit pack, so it must be an issue with my config file. However, I can't see where any such error is?

16 hours ago, ademjh said:

I have taken all such steps and I have had absolutely no luck. I know there is no issue with the images themselves as I've replaced Arsenal's kits with my creations as a tester and renamed them to align with the config file for that specific kit pack, so it must be an issue with my config file. However, I can't see where any such error is?

If it's not for Create-a-club mode then post up a screenshot of the config file, the folder the kits are in and a shot of the kit page for the team in game with the ID showing in the header.

31 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If it's not for Create-a-club mode then post up a screenshot of the config file, the folder the kits are in and a shot of the kit page for the team in game with the ID showing in the header.

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 17.32.23.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 17.32.45.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 17.34.13.png

Problem is with your config file the " around the frankfurt text are wrong, you need to replace them with the straight ones - The program you are using to edit the xml file with on your Mac replaces them with curly ones that are different characters, should be a option in the program called smart punctuation that you should be able to turn off, or just copy and paste one of the straight ones in place of the curly ones.

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Problem is with your config file the " around the frankfurt text are wrong, you need to replace them with the straight ones - The program you are using to edit the xml file with on your Mac replaces them with curly ones that are different characters, should be a option in the program called smart punctuation that you should be able to turn off, or just copy and paste one of the straight ones in place of the curly ones.

Lifesaver. Thanks a million

Archived