Sports Interactive Community

PLZ HELP ME OUT I BOUGHT THE GAME THINKING I WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY BUT DIDNT KNOW I WOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH SO MUCH TROUBLE TO TRY GET THE GAME RUNNING WHEN I RUN THE GAME IT SAYS RUNNING BUT DOESNT START AND WHEN IT DOES START IT COMES UP WITH ERRORS LIKE CRASH DUMP SICK MY DAY RUINED CANT EVE PLAY THE GAME

i have tried all of these 
Make sure your Graphics Card drivers and installed and fully up to date 
- Check any programs which are known to cause issues with FM and/or Steam
If running on a laptop with dual graphics cards, make sure they are configured for the correct card to run with FM 
Make sure your Anti-Virus isn’t interfering with Steam or FM as this can cause problems when installing or launching the game 
Make sure your Windows Updates, DirectX and Net Framework are installed and up to date 

Application Error: A serious error ewas encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:

C:/uSERS.........../Football manager/2017/crash dumps/fm2017 v17.3.2.970983 (2017.01.01 23.05.49).dmp

You posted on a Saturday and the SI staff will not be available on here till they return to work on Monday, so please be patient- opening multiple threads will not help.

Hi @AciDicTez

Could you please try launching the game in administrator mode.

- Go to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017
- Right-Click on the FM.exe 
-  Click 'Run as Administrator'

If that doesn't help, move onto the steps below:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2017 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: --no_exclusive_fullscreen
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM17 through Steam

Since the above hasn't worked (info from direct message), could you please try the steps below.

If you have a Nvidia graphics card please try turning off the in-game overlay. Details on how to do this here - http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4228/~/disabling-the-geforce-experience-share-in-game-overlay.

Likewise if you're running Windows 10, try turning off the game bar and see if that helps - http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-3091550/turn-game-bar-windows.html

Seems to be a problem with your Nvidia card looking at your dxdiag. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics card drivers as shown here? - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/84_how-to/89_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-pc-r218/

Also may be worth if that doesn't help, seeing if you set the game to run off your integrated card whether you have the same issue. Details on how to do this here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/84_how-to/89_pc/how-to-configure-my-laptop-to-run-football-manager-with-optimal-settings-pc-r226/

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

I recently just downloaded my graphic card driver idk why that might be a issue and the second thing you told me as already been done i did that ages ago with same result in the end i will just incase will reinstall my graphic card driver 

Any luck since reinstalling the GPU driver? Let us know either way, thanks. 

nope

I am getting desperate right now tried everything even went as far as resetting my pc and redoing everything but nothing seems to work ;(

And if there is any way to speed up the process plz do let me know as I am leaving for another country and wifi there is dreadful and it will be hard to contact people from there thx

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Any luck since reinstalling the GPU driver? Let us know either way, thanks. 

This is my new DxDiag Idk if It might have changed but I am posting this again as I said before that I have rested my pc

DxDiag.txt

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:36, Felix Wilkie said:

Could you please post your DxDiag on here. Information on how to do so is on the link below.

DxDiag.txt

Are you trying to run the game with any custom graphics such as logos, facepacks etc?

If so, could you please remove them and see if that helps.

2 minutes ago, Felix Wilkie said:

Are you trying to run the game with any custom graphics such as logos, facepacks etc?

If so, could you please remove them and see if that helps.

Nothing is been added at all no modification mades

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type? And have you configured it in any way related to FM or Steam? Just wondering if it's caused some kind of problem when installing the update.

Let us know, thanks. 

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type? And have you configured it in any way related to FM or Steam? Just wondering if it's caused some kind of problem when installing the update.

Let us know, thanks. 

Nope no anti virus only the windows defender thing that comes with the windows

Could you please send us your Belarc file. Information on how to do so is on the link below.

Can you please let us know when you have sent this.

Okay nothing obvious there. Are you still getting crash dumps when launching the game? If so, can you please post the latest one you've received so I can check and make sure it's the same issue as before. 

The previous call stack suggested there was an issue with DirectX9 related to gameoverlay rendering. I would have thought this would have been fixed by turning off the Nvidia in-game overlay as Felix posted on the 12th, and/or sorting out your DirectX as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/84_how-to/89_pc/how-to-update-my-directx-and-net-framework-to-the-latest-versions-pc-r227/

I would suggest doing those steps again and if they still don't work upload your latest crash dump. Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay nothing obvious there. Are you still getting crash dumps when launching the game? If so, can you please post the latest one you've received so I can check and make sure it's the same issue as before. 

The previous call stack suggested there was an issue with DirectX9 related to gameoverlay rendering. I would have thought this would have been fixed by turning off the Nvidia in-game overlay as Felix posted on the 12th, and/or sorting out your DirectX as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/84_how-to/89_pc/how-to-update-my-directx-and-net-framework-to-the-latest-versions-pc-r227/

I would suggest doing those steps again and if they still don't work upload your latest crash dump. Thanks. 

Nvidia in-game overlay cant be a problem at all and with xbox over lay is off too and I just downloaded direct x there is no result still same now this is just getting so repetitive and frustrating

Capture.PNG

Did you remove all the .dll files as suggested in that link above before re-downloading Directx?

yh

9 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Did you remove all the .dll files as suggested in that link above before re-downloading Directx?

yh

I have literally done everything available on your website and on other forums aswell and I have repeated all the steps prob 4times each of them very carefully that I have done

and I have gone as far as reinstalling windows 10