Sports Interactive Community

On 8/19/2017 at 11:49, Vilmar said:

That's it but seems he's doesn't bring in extra money, too bad. 

I haven`t noticed (or paid attention) to this until today when I got a scout report in my Milan save (2023-2024) saying I should sign Andre Silva from Dortmund and amongst the long list of pros to signing him it also said he`d bring 4.5million in commercial revenue. How long has this been around for? 

Edited by Marius_R

First time I saw it was with Pulisic. Can't remember if this was in FM16 already but definitely 17.

On 8/18/2017 at 17:24, smallman14491 said:

As though you have Ronaldo and Messi hahaa that's amazing, bet there stats are still amazing.

Yeah that was the aim, alot of there players i bought young and given them game time together and they've all become amazing. I've never tried a strikerless tactic? Might have to look them up. i've just told 2 players aswell and made 200m from selling them. one i sold for 85m wasn't even getting in my team haha. the other i sold for 110m and he just sits on PSG's bench now! 

Sounds like you have a worldie on your hands! Yeah if he's doing the business don't sell him man! 

I'm in my 8th season in the premier league and this is what its looking like cup wise.

599714b0e0ad8_Cups8Years..thumb.png.11db950d22c979d62e6f5ca92e08ed84.png

LOL yeah Ronaldo was easy to sign, but wasnt all that great in his first six months (signed him in Jan) he score 12 in 18, but the next season he was dire and mainly used as a tutor. 16 million iirc on a tutor :'D

Messi though was a different story, played him as a CF (s) and he was fantastic despite being old two decent years but definitely played a major role in developing Casey.

I also had Suarez he was superb for me again 20 odd million despite being around 33/34. Cost me a bomb in wages too... could of cried. But again helped tutor one of my main three now.

I was planning on sharing this guy in the end of the season but he's angling for a move again so I should probably share while I still have him. :lol: ... :(

vXzWkHq.png

Signed in the summer 2021 from Empoli for then club record 30 million, with 7,5 million worth of add-ons. Has been my first choice striker since. Had a good first season, a phenomenal second season, a very good third season and so far is on course to have his best season yet, if I can hold on to him and his performances don't suffer from his unhappiness. Although to be fair he was unhappy for several months in his second season but kept on banging them in.

He was player of the tournament in the European Championship last summer as Italy won the trophy:

AJOPyFY.png

Fairly decent, that. Only got one assist against my England team, though. :D

And this happened just now:

2y90Xz4.png

So far in 149 (24) apps he has 116 goals and 57 assists, playing mainly as a DLF/S in a 433. So one goal or assist per appearance.

I got this talent through my Youth Academy, I'm so scared of ruining him as the HOYD said "he could be the best player of his generation"

20170822163042_1.jpg

Got this regen in my LLM game he's a goal machine.

Adam Martin_ Overview Profile-2.png

Adam Martin_ History Career Stats-2.png

Edited by cel1234

On 16/08/2017 at 15:31, GriffiN94 said:

This is what the 2017 manual states:

Jumping Reach

Jumping Reach reflects how good a player is at reaching the ball in the air. It indicates the highest point an outfield player can reach with his head. It is not necessarily reflective of how tall a player is, but when considering his jumping ability, it makes sense to take into account the player’s height. For example, a player of 200+cm will still possess a high reach even if he is a poor jumper, and a player who measures in at 170cm will struggle to compete at the same height due to the 30cm difference in height between the two.

Miles Jacobson also said on Twitter that two players with differing height but the same jumping reach will reach the same height. 

Same height... from their feet to ground... the taller players head is still higher. "Tips" in game cover it as another post stated.

What is not clear is how many CM or inches is a jumping point worth. Does a 5ft8 player with 20 jumping reach higher than a 6ft0 plyr with 16 jumping? Then add into the mix heading, agression and strength and were no more certain... scout players, play games with extended or comprehensive highlights and go with your gut feeling.

21 minutes ago, Bigmonkey79 said:

Same height... from their feet to ground... the taller players head is still higher. "Tips" in game cover it as another post stated.

What is not clear is how many CM or inches is a jumping point worth. Does a 5ft8 player with 20 jumping reach higher than a 6ft0 plyr with 16 jumping? Then add into the mix heading, agression and strength and were no more certain... scout players, play games with extended or comprehensive highlights and go with your gut feeling.

You're thinking about it incorrectly. 

Jumping reach is literally the height he reaches when he jumps. Height is irrelevant when jumping, It shouldn't happen as per guidelines, but if a 4'8" tall player, and a 6'10" tall player were both given 20 for jumping, in the match engine they would reach the exact same height. 

It would mean the hobbit is getting around 3 feet of air each time he jumps, but if that's what it was set to that's how it would happen. 

If a 4'8" player and a 6'10" were given 1 jumping (which again shouldn't happen as per guidelines) it would mean that maybe the 4'8" player could jump and get a few inches. Because the 6'10" player wouldn't gain anything by jumping in terms of how the match engine works, so he should just remain standing because his natural height is still a consideration. 

In this scenario, the hobbit would maybe jump to like 4'11" but he'd still be up against the 6'10" of the other player who doesn't even need to jump. 

41 minutes ago, Bigmonkey79 said:

Then the tips are wrong or more accurately, outdated. This was the case, but hasn't been for a couple of years at least.

The only advantage a taller player has, is that for certain balls, he wouldn't have to jump, whereas a short player may need to. But if both jump, it's purely Jumping Reach, not height.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Then the tips are wrong or more accurately, outdated. This was the case, but hasn't been for a couple of years at least.

The only advantage a taller player has, is that for certain balls, he wouldn't have to jump, whereas a short player may need to. But if both jump, it's purely Jumping Reach, not height.

Gents~ i'm only going by the tips. As i said in another post, im sure agression strength and heading will all add to successful ariel challenges. Watch more footage and decide. From my games my preference is taller stronger agressive over jumping reach ... all other opinions are valid!

3 hours ago, Bigmonkey79 said:

Gents~ i'm only going by the tips. As i said in another post, im sure agression strength and heading will all add to successful ariel challenges. Watch more footage and decide. From my games my preference is taller stronger agressive over jumping reach ... all other opinions are valid!

This isn't opinion though. Jumping reach and jumping reach ONLY determines how high a player can reach. This is a fact.

What goes into an aerial challenge can be very situational, so there can be opinions there.

14 minutes ago, Bigmonkey79 said:

Ok, 

I respectfully disagree.

If you disagree, you're disagreeing with a fact, so you're simply wrong. JR is what it is and it's now from SI, the game manual (that does get updated and is written by SI), a researcher with his own researcher guideline (written by SI) and myself.

As I said, what goes into an aerial challenge is different. Things like Positioning, Anticipation and Decisions help before the jump is even made and then there's still the timing of the jumping, whether it's a standing jump vs a running jumping etc. So there's a lot involved there and can have different opinions etc. The above is a fact - something stated by SI and they made the game, so they'll know. What you're describing is how older FMs worked, before Jumping Reach. The tip is outdated if it says anything different.

from your descriptions it is so easy to understand, it can summarised like so - irrespective of a player's height if Player A Jumping Reach > than Player B Jumping Reach = Player A jumps higher than Player B. Or you can also say that a player's Jumping Reach is proportional to its height.

Less idiotic arguments, more regen posting:

jM0xPnq.png

I'm optimistic about this kid, rather than excited, since my coaches tend to get very carried away.

@turnip I'd be looking to train him as a left back. Looks like even if he doesn't improve, as-is he could be a decent backup option there.

49 minutes ago, turnip said:

I'm optimistic about this kid, rather than excited, since my coaches tend to get very carried away.

Having "Promising" in his media description is usually a good indicator that he could end up a bit special.

On 8/31/2017 at 09:32, HUNT3R said:

the problem i have with this, is that for all realistic situations it is unimaginable. i will try to explain what i mean, but my thinking is always stuck on practical things that maybe dont work in game as much as i would like :)

player A - a 7 foot tall regen defender with 5 in jumping

player B - a 5 foot 2 regen attacker with 6 jumping

now there can be a 2 foot difference in players, but you expect me to believe 1 jumping attribute can actually make up a 2 foot difference? come on, if you want it to work like that you need to sort out the regens to have better attribute distribution based on physical body types. until then i am going to carry on playing the game practically. to do otherwise seems like 'playing the engine' or however you kids put it now a days :)

39 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

the problem i have with this, is that for all realistic situations it is unimaginable. i will try to explain what i mean, but my thinking is always stuck on practical things that maybe dont work in game as much as i would like :)

player A - a 7 foot tall regen defender with 5 in jumping

player B - a 5 foot 2 regen attacker with 6 jumping

now there can be a 2 foot difference in players, but you expect me to believe 1 jumping attribute can actually make up a 2 foot difference? come on, if you want it to work like that you need to sort out the regens to have better attribute distribution based on physical body types. until then i am going to carry on playing the game practically. to do otherwise seems like 'playing the engine' or however you kids put it now a days :)

Player A wouldn't exist within FM.

Simply by being 7 foot tall the player would be given a minimum jumping reach which would be far higher than 5.

EDIT

Likewise a 5'2" player would have a maximum jumping reach of probably around 10 or something so you wouldn't see a 5'2" player with 20 jumping reach in FM.

Edited by Cougar2010

Just now, Cougar2010 said:

Player A wouldn't exist within FM.

Simply by being 7 foot tall the player would be given a minimum jumping reach which would be far higher than 5.

it is obviously an extreme example, but i have had similar regens. quite common to have a player at 6'4 or 6'6 with a 5  or 6 jumping attribute. suggests that they have to duck to head the ball. watch them play and luckily they dont 

@turnip When he's that good at 15 I think you can trust the coach. 

If you were allowed to, you could probably give him starts in the Bundesliga now.

Telling SI they need to "sort stuff out" for "all realistic situations" based on an unrealistic, entirely imaginary  and impossible the way the game is programmed attribute distribution is a pretty special way of covering up for one's own refusal to understand what "jumping reach" actually means. BAD SI! BAD! BAD! BAD! :) 

6 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

it is obviously an extreme example, but i have had similar regens. quite common to have a player at 6'4 or 6'6 with a 5  or 6 jumping attribute. suggests that they have to duck to head the ball. watch them play and luckily they dont 

I very much doubt that and would love to see examples.

Looking at my scouting reports I have 1829 players who are taller than 6'4" and only 10 of them have under 10 for jumping reach.  Each of those 10 have either 8 or 9 for jumping reach so nothing lower than 8 and thats only in rare cases (approx 0.5%).

EDIT

Flipping it again I also have 70 players scouted who are 5'2" and all have lower than 5 for jumping reach.

Edited by Cougar2010

1 minute ago, enigmatic said:

Telling SI they need to "sort stuff out" for "all realistic situations" based on an unrealistic, entirely imaginary  and impossible the way the game is programmed attribute distribution is a pretty special way of covering up for one's own refusal to understand what "jumping reach" actually means. BAD SI! BAD! BAD! BAD! :) 

not at all lol. i think a lot of people get frustrated with certain attributes that dont seem to progress as well as others. and jumping is definitely one of those attributes

i do it a lot in game. i avoid certain 'exploits' every year. i wont spam crosses, i wont pack the middle every game. i wont download corners etc. for me my 6'6 regen WILL NOT be beaten in the air because his jumping attribute is in single digits :)

8 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Flipping it again I also have 70 players scouted who are 5'2" and all have lower than 5 for jumping reach.

i think the average for a 5'10 - 6'0 player seems to around 12, but that is just looking at my team

in your scouted players, you have a 1 in 200 chance of a 6'4 player being under a 10. maybe there is a little perception problem, based on how many players i look at and if you have a couple of players like that in your kids they stand out more. but the general principle is the same. if a average player under 6 foot has a jumping attribute of 9, saying he is as good or better as a 6'4 player with 8 or 9 suggests that 1 attribute point could potentially be worth half a foot lol

this is quite a fun game to play, but i prefer to just play the game realistically. less frustrating :)

Just now, enigmatic said:

My brother is 6'6, but I'd be shocked if he could outjump Tim Cahill for a single header...

is he a big guy weight wise? maybe he could position himself well enough he didnt have to (or could be) moved?

i watch Liverpool, and my nan could score a header against us. she is 4'11 and just got a new hip, but give her long enough to find some space and dont follow her...

1 minute ago, lemeuresnew said:

is he a big guy weight wise? maybe he could position himself well enough he didnt have to (or could be) moved?

i watch Liverpool, and my nan could score a header against us. she is 4'11 and just got a new hip, but give her long enough to find some space and dont follow her...

He's built like a beanpole. Just not a particularly springy beanpole.

Liverpool's problem isn't jumping, it's the zonal non-marking system that's to blame ;-)

19 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

He's built like a beanpole. Just not a particularly springy beanpole.

Liverpool's problem isn't jumping, it's the zonal non-marking system that's to blame ;-)

yep. if youre in the wrong place you can jump as high as you like lol

like i said, in game i just ignore freak occurences usually and see how they play. but would be nice if it was more accurately reflected in the attributes

i wonder how much of a jumping attribute difference you need to get a clear header sometimes? what does 1 attribute equate to? if 1 is an inch, for example, you wont get a clear header at a corner. you will need to header straight forward or down usually. so even to go forward straight you need to be a head clear? given the ball size, so it doesnt just reflect off the defenders head? say 6 inches for a straight bullet header minimum?

i have to go to work, will think it over lol

I hope this will aid understanding, since its part of our guidelines bear in mind these are not categorical, but a suggested framework for researchers and part of our documentation. 

(For further clarification, the manual description of jumping, does now match the researchers description, so there's no point in me copy/pasting that) Hopefully if players are finding so many examples they feel are incorrect, perhaps this will help get it logged further so SI can look into it. If jumping reach values translate to a direct measurement of is something I don't know, and don't particularly need to know. It just makes sense that a player with 16 should jump higher than a player with 15 before all other considerations are taken into account. Whether that's an inch, a foot or even ten foot it doesn't really make any difference because if you're going to be that concerned about it. You'd just be better off using a player who has 1 more than the player he's competing against aerially in the other team.

13f9571b0775919f24d71b436bfba6f6.png

3 hours ago, santy001 said:

I hope this will aid understanding, since its part of our guidelines bear in mind these are not categorical, but a suggested framework for researchers and part of our documentation. 

that is cool to see, cheers :)

i dont think the problem in game is real players so much as regens in my opinion at least

i think the average is actually a little lower than i expected, but only by a point or 2 so that is reassuring

i think if we saw more stuff like this it would help simplify a lot

22 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Looking at my scouting reports I have 1829 players who are taller than 6'4" and only 10 of them have under 10 for jumping reach.  Each of those 10 have either 8 or 9 for jumping reach so nothing lower than 8 and thats only in rare cases (approx 0.5%).

if you were to use the same players but for the rough guidance provided here that a poor header of the ball at 6'4 should be at least 14, how much would that number increase? im guessing a lot? 

38 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

if you were to use the same players but for the rough guidance provided here that a poor header of the ball at 6'4 should be at least 14, how much would that number increase? im guessing a lot?

Sorry, took a while for the penny to drop with what you were asking :(

Yes makes a significant difference.

My save has moved on so I don't have the exact same players listed but its not far off.

Out of 1,809 players 452 have less than 14 for jumping reach.

12 seems to be where it falls off a cliff so to speak.

2 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Sorry, took a while for the penny to drop with what you were asking :(

Yes makes a significant difference.

My save has moved on so I don't have the exact same players listed but its not far off.

Out of 1,809 players 452 have less than 14 for jumping reach.

12 seems to be where it falls off a cliff so to speak.

so almost 1 in 4 cant head the ball without ducking a little lol

im not sure the 2 points difference between the recommendation and the cliff is huge, 2 inches is hardly noticed in game. but going by the guides here, the poor 6'4 jumper is equal in height reach to a good 6'1 player. so in theory, the game should just need to position a tall defender right and they cant be beaten by a shorter guy?

1 minute ago, lemeuresnew said:

so almost 1 in 4 cant head the ball without ducking a little lol

im not sure the 2 points difference between the recommendation and the cliff is huge, 2 inches is hardly noticed in game. but going by the guides here, the poor 6'4 jumper is equal in height reach to a good 6'1 player. so in theory, the game should just need to position a tall defender right and they cant be beaten by a shorter guy?

I kinda think you are getting too blinkered on the jumping reach attribute tbh.

In isolation its the highest point off the ground that a player can get his head but nothing in FM works in isolation.  Positioning - Is he in the right spot to jump for the ball, decisions - does he need to jump (reverts to height if not), strength - can he hold off another player, bravery - does he want to challenge for a 50/50 in the air.  You can add in several others as well.

Just now, Cougar2010 said:

I kinda think you are getting too blinkered on the jumping reach attribute tbh.

In isolation its the highest point off the ground that a player can get his head but nothing in FM works in isolation.  Positioning - Is he in the right spot to jump for the ball, decisions - does he need to jump (reverts to height if not), strength - can he hold off another player, bravery - does he want to challenge for a 50/50 in the air.  You can add in several others as well.

is that not a complicated version of what i just said? in theory you just put the tall guy in the right place :) 

not blinkered, like i said before when im playing i usually use common sense of a tall guy doesnt need to jump, so ignore the jumping attribute if its unrealistic. i know other attributes kick in. i dont like low bravery or aggression (i think aggression is my main attribute i prefer. if they want the ball more they seem to get it). its just frustrating that there seems so many discrepencies between the seemingly logical guide lines you can see given to real players and the changes in regen kids

On 01/09/2017 at 11:32, turnip said:

jM0xPnq.png

Completely agree, this is about newgens, not about who can jump the highest! 

Still, bet no one could jump higher than Randy.... 21 Jumping reach easy.

Image result for south park balls episode

On 05/07/2017 at 21:06, smallman14491 said:

I've been playing FM since 2010, but honestly, i think this is the best newgen I've ever had! I'd like some advise on how to keep him on track and what i should do training wise, i refuse to loan him out as i'll defiantly give him game time! Japan's finest! 

595d467c99e91_Motherofallregens.thumb.png.7f08b3d6fc16b6f2614ff03be789d931.png

So two years later, this is the difference.

Nagayama.thumb.png.62315d137e1f18aaead8be36b57cb9f4.png

On 9/1/2017 at 11:32, turnip said:

jM0xPnq.png

tnWJiNi.png

Anyway, 2 years later, here's Burhan just before he makes his FIRST EVER START! (Against a 3rd Division team in the cup).

As I said before, my coaches do tend to get carried away. There's obviously been some development, but nothing all that impressive. I'm hoping that I can give him some game time this season and his Potential stars will go up (he's now at 2.5, down from 4.5, albeit we are one of the best teams in the world). 

Pretty stoked with these two since they're both german. Haussler is a beast - top goal scorer last season at 18 and his record this season speaks for itself

Ronny Haussler_ Overview Profile.png

Dominic Bubner_ Overview Profile.png