Mother of all newgens

I've been playing FM since 2010, but honestly, i think this is the best newgen I've ever had! I'd like some advise on how to keep him on track and what i should do training wise, i refuse to loan him out as i'll defiantly give him game time! Japan's finest! 

595d467c99e91_Motherofallregens.thumb.png.7f08b3d6fc16b6f2614ff03be789d931.png

Did he come through your system? Man, that 'crossing' stat is exceptional, I can't get any wingers like that, lol.

Also, how's your coaching staff? I think you're probably better off letting him get good game time with your club.

Looks great and will get even better with at least two full stars of PA to fulfill. Tutoring from high character veterans (model professional, professional or resolute personality plus good determination) would be ideal for his development.

hate to be a kill joy, and i know im a miserable bugger, but what are those stars related to for your team in general?

for me, i don't usually play some one for just 1 job. i know others have great teams doing so, but i prefer my teams to be more balanced and work at everything. so that being said -

i would put him to work on his finishing. even wingers drift in when play is on the other side, and that seems to be his biggest weakness. if you train him at what he is already good (amazing) at, it will take a lot of points up to improve further, and i wouldnt see that as necessary

avoid fitness coaching, as these stats almost always improve naturally. also, same as before, they will cost a lot of ability points as he is already an amazing athlete

i would pick a training category that covers the most weaknesses in attributes. not on the game right now, but i would think inside forward. covers finishing and composure, hopefully work rate. if not work rate, 6 months inside forward 6 months some that does hit work rate

what are your set piece takers like? if there is a chance he can be your regular taker for the next 10+ years, a tutor to teach him to curl the ball would change your set pieces forever! this will need to be done straight away if you want that, because you wont be able to tutor this kid for very long before he is a 1st team player :) (i have read many times curls ball requires crossing AND technique, and is great for corners and free kicks. sound familiar...)

i think that last bit is what i would personally focus on for my team. if i had to buy a player that could curl a ball just to tutor, i would

Thanks for all the feedback guys, i'm defiantly going to put him on finishing training and i'm sure i can find a tutor for him. Plus lots of game time to keep him progressing! I will keep posting updates on here to let you know how hes going! So far he's played 6 games this season, which he's scored one and assisted 4! Which is pretty good! 

14 hours ago, PVAMU FC said:

Did he come through your system? Man, that 'crossing' stat is exceptional, I can't get any wingers like that, lol.

Also, how's your coaching staff? I think you're probably better off letting him get good game time with your club.

He didn't, I got a scout report from a club called 'Giurare Yokohama' and he was top of the list. Signed him for 10.5 million. Coaching staff wise i have the best in the league and i do spend alot of time making sure my staff are the best i can get my hands on.

3 hours ago, enigmatic said:

If he's only a 2* player I take it Barnsley have moved up in the world a bit :)

I'd say work on his weaker foot, but since he's got the PPM to not use it anyway, I wouldn't bother. Train him to finish

Just a little bit :p

BARNSLEY.thumb.png.6e7e1f20b17bbc14d4710d6174d591a5.png

Since we are sharing I'd show of the two best youths I've had coming through my academy so far in my current game.

H3ZtrnO.jpg

He is my first choice goalkeeper already and are getting capped for Wales. I'm working on his jumping since his aerial ability is his drawback at the moment.

fMeLEzP.jpg

The first real talent I got. Tutored to get a better personality and determination. Nice flair and passing, and still have room to grow.

The best player in my world at the moment is probably this player who got bought for £110M by Man City:

i0wgSis.jpg

These pictures seem to strengthen and idea I've already had for a while: for whatever reason, newgens can't jump. It's astonishingly rare to come across a newgen with a genuinely good Jumping Reach, even if they're very tall and athletic.

6 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

These pictures seem to strengthen and idea I've already had for a while: for whatever reason, newgens can't jump. It's astonishingly rare to come across a newgen with a genuinely good Jumping Reach, even if they're very tall and athletic.

not sure i agree with you. well i agree with you in general, but not by these screen shots

if a guy is well over 6 foot, with a 12 or 13 jumping on top, there wont be many people that can beat him easily will there

• 1 month later...
On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 14:28, lemeuresnew said:

not sure i agree with you. well i agree with you in general, but not by these screen shots

if a guy is well over 6 foot, with a 12 or 13 jumping on top, there wont be many people that can beat him easily will there

It doesn't matter what height they are, it's all about jumping reach. If a 6ft5 player has 13 jumping reach and a 5ft8 player also has 13 jumping reach then they both jump the same height; height isn't something additional to add on.

10 minutes ago, GriffiN94 said:

It doesn't matter what height they are, it's all about jumping reach. If a 6ft5 player has 13 jumping reach and a 5ft8 player also has 13 jumping reach then they both jump the same height; height isn't something additional to add on.

I seem to recall a 5ft8 player would need a higher jumping attribute than a taller player to reach the same height.

3 minutes ago, LilSaint said:

I seem to recall a 5ft8 player would need a higher jumping attribute than a taller player to reach the same height.

Fairly certain that's incorrect. Jumping reach refers to how high the player reaches when jumping, regardless of height. Height does affect how high the jumping reach attribute can go (obviously smallers are restricted to lower ratings whereas taller players higher). There are some posts on this forum that say it too.

It's this way to help compare how good players are in the air. A taller player may not need to jump for aerial battles so they can win more than someone who is smaller but has the same reach.

58 minutes ago, GriffiN94 said:

32 minutes ago, GriffiN94 said:

Fairly certain that's incorrect. Jumping reach refers to how high the player reaches when jumping, regardless of height. Height does affect how high the jumping reach attribute can go (obviously smallers are restricted to lower ratings whereas taller players higher). There are some posts on this forum that say it too.

It's this way to help compare how good players are in the air. A taller player may not need to jump for aerial battles so they can win more than someone who is smaller but has the same reach.

you are both wrong here i am afraid. the game clearly states it takes a players height into consideration. you may of been right 10 years ago, but it is clear when watching a match in 3d that players have different heights

this isnt worth discussing further. all you have to do is read the game tips to find you are wrong. it doesnt even require google

5 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

you are both wrong here i am afraid. the game clearly states it takes a players height into consideration. you may of been right 10 years ago, but it is clear when watching a match in 3d that players have different heights

this isnt worth discussing further. all you have to do is read the game tips to find you are wrong. it doesnt even require google

This is what the 2017 manual states:

Jumping Reach

Jumping Reach reflects how good a player is at reaching the ball in the air. It indicates the highest point an outfield player can reach with his head. It is not necessarily reflective of how tall a player is, but when considering his jumping ability, it makes sense to take into account the player’s height. For example, a player of 200+cm will still possess a high reach even if he is a poor jumper, and a player who measures in at 170cm will struggle to compete at the same height due to the 30cm difference in height between the two.

Miles Jacobson also said on Twitter that two players with differing height but the same jumping reach will reach the same height. 

that quote makes no sense if you are right. why would a 200+ player still possess a high reach with poor jumping if the jumping reflected the maximum height they could reach? you would have no player at 200+ with a low jumping attribute

the shorter player needs a higher jumping attribute or he will always be shorter. so the jumping attribute cannot by default be the only attribute affecting the height he reaches

The jumping attribute was rebranded in light of this still on-going confusion. 

Height didn't used to be factor in, but now height determines whether or not a player will need to jump for a ball. So it is used contesting aerial balls when the player keeps his feet on the floor. 

Jumping reach is the height the player can reach with his feet off the ground. There is a huge chart we get given with approximate values.

There is indeed the issue of tall players having an undercooked jumping stat. I can't speak with certainty on the matter, but I have made use of this myself in one instance. Marko Arnautovic when first joining Stoke would not jump for the ball, he would back into his man and try to bring it down, if it was too high he would try to stretch his foot up or adjust his position to bring it down, even if a header seemed much easier. By setting is below the parameters for his height, it essentially meant he would be far less likely to jump because the AI logic would be that he'd be better off standing and using his height rather than jumping.

It would need someone from SI to explain the 200cm+ players having single figure jumping reach, but I can say a 200cm+ player should not have a jumping below 17 according to our guidelines.

On 14/08/2017 at 20:03, smallman14491 said:

As promised. one year later, a few stat's have gone up but nothing amazing. Think by the time he's 21 he'll be a world beater still.

59922c19ee288_Gman.thumb.png.4b7a9dc69bdf10042115e3af0c52b976.png

Where and how have you played him?

I see you gave him Hugs Line and Avoid Weaker Foot, so I think you're playing him as a Winger. And by his stats I see he scores more than a 10 Finishing would suggest.

I would definitely make sure he can play IF on the other side, even giving Likes to Round the Keeper. He got everything to pull it.

2 hours ago, felipencntst said:

I see you gave him Hugs Line and Avoid Weaker Foot, so I think you're playing him as a Winger. And by his stats I see he scores more than a 10 Finishing would suggest.

I would definitely make sure he can play IF on the other side, even giving Likes to Round the Keeper. He got everything to pull it.

Yeah i normally play him on the wing as a inside forward. I have considered trying to learn him to play upfront tbh.

Likes to round the keep is a very very good shout, i never thought about that!

possibly the best 17 yo leftback i ve ever seen since starting playing FM (FM07). His mental attributes are insane.

Ha2xDPa.png

He plays for the Australian Academy of Sports and im getting him for free (coaching Lazio Roma)

21 hours ago, felipencntst said:

yes he could very well do a great job as as a IF but as a winger already, hes class and if he improves any further, hes got to be right up there for the quality of crossing and corner abilty he gives u. theres no wrong here, either way is a good choice.

On 16/08/2017 at 15:11, lemeuresnew said:

The game does take a player height in consideration when assigning them a value for Jumping Reach, but once you're in a match their height is irrelevant and all that matters is their Jumping Reach stat.

Jumping Reach is simply a measure of how far off the ground a player can get his head. So if you had a player who was 5'9" and a player who was 6'3" but they both had a jumping height of 15 then in a match they would be equally capable in the air because they can both get to the same height.

A players height however heavily impacts the weighting for the Jumping Reach stat. So a short player could never have a JR of 20 and a tall player could never have a JR below a certain value (whichever value would mean that their head at the peak of a jump would be below their head while standing!).

5 hours ago, celticwarrior said:

yes he could very well do a great job as as a IF but as a winger already, hes class and if he improves any further, hes got to be right up there for the quality of crossing and corner abilty he gives u. theres no wrong here, either way is a good choice.

He's already a class act, i can't even think what hes going to be like in his prime!

On 15/08/2017 at 11:51, Vilmar said:

What does he bring in commercially?

I didn't know you could look at this? How do you do that?

4 hours ago, craigd84 said:

@smallman14491 train him as a Raumdueter and link him with a player with better personality ;)

I've got him linked with someone at the moment and they seem to be doing well so i'll keep that the same, in terms of playing him Raumdueter, i might have to give that a try when i get half way through the season as i have him focusing on something atm. Thanks for the advise :)

9 hours ago, Vilmar said:

Should be listed in their Report Card. 

Pulisic is one example, he bring in an extra £11 million from the U.S.

On this page? Or am i looking in the wrong place? 

Naga.thumb.png.a3141acd50b11e558015d8262f1f73b7.png

8 minutes ago, smallman14491 said:

I've got him linked with someone at the moment and they seem to be doing well so i'll keep that the same, in terms of playing him Raumdueter, i might have to give that a try when i get half way through the season as i have him focusing on something atm. Thanks for the advise :)

On this page? Or am i looking in the wrong place? 

Naga.thumb.png.a3141acd50b11e558015d8262f1f73b7.png

I dont mean PLAY him as a Raumdeuter, im saying just give him that training as he is already well suited to all wide roles, but Raumdeuter will work on his finishing first touch and a whole host of mentals.

Like i have very good wingers in my Ajax team but i have the training Raum. just to increase their end product, i still play them as wide midfielders though.

1 minute ago, craigd84 said:

I dont mean PLAY him as a Raumdeuter, im saying just give him that training as he is already well suited to all wide roles, but Raumdeuter will work on his finishing first touch and a whole host of mentals.

Like i have very good wingers in my Ajax team but i have the training Raum. just to increase their end product, i still play them as wide midfielders though.

Okay nice one, thanks for the info, i'll do it with him, should u use it on this one aswell?

Gerald.thumb.png.84fc7acdb59bc44c55897019f405eb6f.png

Though i just noticed there is a difference of 20 appearances on his goals scored for you... perhaps to get the best out of him you may need to either tweak your strikers role... OR depending on how you play remove the "runs with the ball often"

8 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

Depends pal, i assume you play him uptop? if so leave him alone haha he looks to be doing the business.

I would set his training to CF, plays one twos and possibly shoots with power.

I've been playing him as inside forward. I've already got a striker that's better than him so i'm not wanting to upset the other player. He's abit of a beast tbh. Think i'll just carry on with the same training and just change Sho.

Ertunc.thumb.png.0930dcd0d4152627741326101e9b80b8.png

11 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

Yeah he is a bit of a beast lol.

Gerald is perfect for a Raumdeuter, i would train him on MOVES INTO CHANNELS, and possibly GETS INTO OPPONENTS BOX.

Sounds like a plan. you got any worldies you wanna share?

I have, i will post up one later!! 

His name is Corey Casey from my Liverpool youth team. He had the best stats i had seen on a 16 year old, 18 for technique being one of them. He was a world cup winner at 17 for my England squad. 

I managed to have him tutored by a 36 year old Messi :D i had to pay about 25million for him and a HUUUUUGE contract BUT i had freakin' Messi lol.

My only Gripe is that he is now 21, and has only just managed to break the 20 goal mark in a season scoring 21 lol. HOWEVER for my England team he is prolific 60 caps 64 goals.

HOWEVER because i have Mauro Icardi ( club record goals scorer 310 goals in 290 games) as my main striker in a front 3 Casey gets more assists than goals, but for England using the same tactic he plays Icardi's role and bangs them in. So i am kinda holding his goalscoring back but at 21 i have many years for him to smash Icardi (33 yrs old) goals record.

I will also post a few of my Ajax ones up!

Just now, craigd84 said:

I have, i will post up one later!! 

His name is Corey Casey from my Liverpool youth team. He had the best stats i had seen on a 16 year old, 18 for technique being one of them. He was a world cup winner at 17 for my England squad. 

I managed to have him tutored by a 36 year old Messi :D i had to pay about 25million for him and a HUUUUUGE contract BUT i had freakin' Messi lol.

My only Gripe is that he is now 21, and has only just managed to break the 20 goal mark in a season scoring 21 lol. HOWEVER for my England team he is prolific 60 caps 64 goals.

HOWEVER because i have Mauro Icardi ( club record goals scorer 310 goals in 290 games) as my main striker in a front 3 Casey gets more assists than goals, but for England using the same tactic he plays Icardi's role and bangs them in. So i am kinda holding his goalscoring back but at 21 i have many years for him to smash Icardi (33 yrs old) goals record.

I will also post a few of my Ajax ones up!

He sounds like a beast aswell! I can't wait to check him out! as though you got Messi hahaa. 

This is my first team at the moment playing 4231

ST Martens.thumb.png.ca70f5745a48758cd60a6dbf113eb7f7.png

AMLNagayama.thumb.png.a10a65a1af02f931092abf7a94aa4a44.png  CAMRodriguez.thumb.png.7824bca341234e033ff486405d91c267.png

AMRAdnane.thumb.png.735e9e7ce69676ea26eace35c513cf66.png  CMMartiniano.thumb.png.6e2addf39fcdc8154aaaa11f537f4f50.png

CMGrew.thumb.png.fe6b65d236b0b1f39c5600b2b036a930.png  LBBobl.thumb.png.0f14d06cc0dca15e8c851eec7bca61a8.png

CBAilton.thumb.png.a4690e9026a2daf65c244369a8c3219e.png  CBBenn.thumb.png.ef9f7405fa8b355d1235274135b2e494.png

RBSmith.thumb.png.2d3484963fbb76d3bcbfb9cf9319fcbc.png  GKMaher.thumb.png.c6462e888b97e2e7d7be8bdf040b3217.png

That Messi deal took 3 years to happen!! and a load of trophies and convincing even over paying most expensive tutor i have ever bought, even got a 37 year old Ronaldo too hahaha.

Your team looks immense, so much balance! i really like the balance you have on all your players very very well rounded. So many tactical options, you could play a REALLY REALLY effective strikerless tactic.

I do have a striker called Danny Baan on my AJax save who came through with another striker called Vedat Kilic at the same time. Kilic looked like he was way better, but i gave Baan his debut and he scored so i thought ok i will give him a run the following season. The other "more impressive" striker i played about 6 times before the season didnt score, following season i played them both but it was the "less impressive" Baan who was scoring in the cups and a few league games, so i loaned out Kilic to see if that helped.

He did well on loan so i brought him back and he started scoring Baan was back in the Jong team scoring too. Kilic then stopped scoring for a while, dropped to the Jong team... but i noticed my assistant played Baan more, Baan was banging goals in as a DLF (A) (i was training them both as CF's)  so the following season Baan became my main back up striker and without really noticing scored an impressive 26 goals in around 30 games, Kilic was offloaded after managing 3.. 

Baan is now worth 50 million! But i refuse to sell... he has won me so many CL's i have won 6 or 7 in 10 years.

11 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

That Messi deal took 3 years to happen!! and a load of trophies and convincing even over paying most expensive tutor i have ever bought, even got a 37 year old Ronaldo too hahaha.

Your team looks immense, so much balance! i really like the balance you have on all your players very very well rounded. So many tactical options, you could play a REALLY REALLY effective strikerless tactic.

As though you have Ronaldo and Messi hahaa that's amazing, bet there stats are still amazing.

Yeah that was the aim, alot of there players i bought young and given them game time together and they've all become amazing. I've never tried a strikerless tactic? Might have to look them up. i've just told 2 players aswell and made 200m from selling them. one i sold for 85m wasn't even getting in my team haha. the other i sold for 110m and he just sits on PSG's bench now! 

Sounds like you have a worldie on your hands! Yeah if he's doing the business don't sell him man! 

I'm in my 8th season in the premier league and this is what its looking like cup wise.

599714b0e0ad8_Cups8Years..thumb.png.11db950d22c979d62e6f5ca92e08ed84.png

Archived