[FM17] Third Time Lucky? (Reims)

MattJames15

WIkZDrJ.png

Third Time Lucky? Reims Journey

Goal: Win the Champions League

QBLHJGq.png

Hi! I've been following some saves for a while now so decided to sign up and get my own one going (if I document it, I'm more likely to see it through!). Initially, I was looking for some outlandish challenge that would take forever to complete but then I decided to keep it simple. Why Stade de Reims? Back in the 1950s, they lost two Champions League finals and they're now in Ligue 2. Furthermore, they have six Ligue 1 titles but none since 1962 so let's bring this team back to the glory days! 

Below, you can see some of the basics and I will bring more updates with key players, transfers, and more very soon. 

XekMiBq.pngTd7ZJbi.png

hWztNVV.png

R4tmQLM.png

2AzybEB.png

At the moment, our finances seem quite good so I'm aiming for promotion in the first season. From here, we'll have to assess again to see the strength of our squad but the ultimate aim is to keep rising Ligue 1 and win the Champions League. Once we achieve this aim (perhaps that should be 'if'), we can either continue or see how well (or poorly) other teams are doing. For now, I'm getting ahead of myself! 

I know this is only short but I'm going to get started and I will bring more updates soon; thanks for reading and I look forward to continuing my reading of other saves!  

WIkZDrJ.png

Third Time Lucky? Reims Journey

Key Players

In terms of our squad, I'm relatively happy but will still keep an eye on the transfer market to see if anyone of interest pops up. Luckily, we have a strong core to the team and five players have caught my attention in particular.

Julian Jeanvier (DC)

1QtsIkj.png

At 24 years of age, I like the physical attributes as well as key stats in heading, tackling, and positioning. I thinking this guy could be a tank at the back!

Anthony Weber (DC)

cjfb3t6.png

To partner Jeanvier, we have Anthony Weber and it's more of the same really. Good physical attributes, better mental attributes, and a couple of good technicals; should be a decent partnership for Ligue 2!

Aly Ndom (DM/MC)

zH7l30V.png

At the moment, Ndom has good all-round attributes but he's only 20 and will hopefully continue growing into that five-star potential! 

Jaba Kankava (DM/MC)

3lofjMD.png

I like this guy for determination, fitness, aggression, bravery, teamwork, stamina, and strength. Can hopefully build a good partnership with Ndom and keep the centre of the pitch locked down!

Gaetan Charbonnier (ST/AMC)

nTo7KpF.png

Doesn't necessarily excel in one area but seems to be a good all-rounder. Once again, physicals look respectable so we should be trying to power our way to the top! 

Isv9Umt.png

For now, that's it but the next update will have any transfers we complete along with pre-season. For my profile, I set it to automatically line up with the expectations of Reims which offered a Continental Pro Licence but no international experience!

Thanks for reading!

Let's Go Reims!

WIkZDrJ.png

Third Time Lucky? Stade de Reims Journey

The Job Ahead

Before we go into more detail about transfers and fixtures, I want to show you more about Stade de Reims and what we have to do over the coming years. Firstly, the facilities;

Azq3ecf.png

Back in 2008, Stade de Reims moved into Stade Auguste Delaune so we have a new stadium but the other facilities will be upgraded over time. Of course, we have 'Impressive' training facilities but I really want to focus on the youth facilities so we can start producing our own youngsters! While on the topic, here are our Reserve and Youth squads. 

YtsinmW.png

DXpxnct.png

As you can see, there are a few players that immediately catch the eye so I'm going to watch their progress closely; I'd love to get a couple in the first team in the future! For now, we'll have to sign our young players until the youth recruitment and whole system improves which obviously starts with a good scouting team. My first ever task as Stade de Reims manager was to overhaul the backroom and apparently I should check the history of staff a little better before I offer a mutual termination!

nTuhVbP.png

Unfortunately, we lost a scout who has been at the club for many years but we managed to get hold of some really good scouts so now our scouting team is up to standard along with the medical team. For the coaches, I had relatively little to do since we're in the top three in every single category! 

ppwY1ZG.png

Next update, I will bring news of transfers as well as pre-season and then we can get stuck into the season. According to the board, we should be winning the league outright so my first save on this forum could all go wrong if we don't have a good season! Wish me luck!

WIkZDrJ.png

Pre-Season 

So pre-season is over and we're ready to take on the season ahead, but how did we do? Well, before that, we made just two signings to add to the strength and depth and we decided to add two players from England to join me on loan! 

Jonathan Grounds (DL/DC)(Loan)

FUossls.png

When I first saw the team, I noticed we were a little short at centre-back so Jonathan Grounds was my first action in the transfer market and he will stay for the rest of the season. With good tackling, heading, work rate, and physicals, he will join the physically tough squad we seem to be building! 

Jack Stephens (DC)(Loan)

oJu7EmD.png

Next up, we have a young talent in Jack Stephens and I think he could play an important role this year. Instantly, he goes in and becomes our most valuable player and is considered a 'Key Player'. Against the Ligue 2 attacks, I think he can remain strong and help us go for clean sheets!

Fixtures (Retire Now?)

oW7ENnd.png

Now, I've played FM for a long time and I think this might just be the first time I've ever lost to my Reserves. However, the fixture was very early in comparison to the rest of pre-season and...other excuses. After this though, we had a very strong pre-season and managed to pick up victories against Montpellier, FC Twente, and Aston Villa so we can be happy. In particular, Charbonnier impressed along with Diego so we will keep an eye on them this season! 

July and August 

g5JZrLf.png

Next update, we'll have our first full month in Ligue 2. Can we live up to expectations and storm straight to the top? Pundits reckon promotion should be easy, I'm a little more skeptical but we do have a good team!

WIkZDrJ.png

July/August 

Bourg-En-Bresse (H)

62JOFBf.png

A good start to the season and our first three points on the board. After grabbing a goal with around ten minutes to go, we started to look a little nervous but I was happy with the overall performance.

GFC Ajaccio (A)

NqCPX96.png

First away game of the season and what a brilliant performance. Always good to see four different goalscorers and it looks as though the tactic is starting to take shape! 

Stade Lavallois MFC (H)(Coupe de la Ligue R1)

GFdwORi.png

Really happy to make it through the first round; especially with the amount of shots we had. However, the bookings and amount of fouls is something we may have to watch in the coming weeks! 

AJ Auxerre (H)

SGlbJiY.png

Back to the league and another victory, another few bookings, and big opposition. For some reason, I didn't grab the statistics for this game but we got a little lucky. Not only was the penalty a dodgy decision, we probably should have conceded late on. 

Paris FC (H)(Coupe de la Ligue R2)

wqg97qa.png

So we scraped through yet another game and put our name in the hat for the next round. This being said, 26 shots is always good...if only we could stop getting booked!

Nimes Olympique (H)

PTruWQy.png

Only one player got booked! We are really racking up the shots in these games and the tactic is set up to attack on the front foot from the beginning so let's hope this form continues. 

AC Ajaccio (A)

yObPwGn.png

The only blemish on an otherwise perfect record and this time our poor discipline cost us two points. Great start with Charbonnier scoring within four minutes and we were looking good until Devaux was sent off with 25 minutes to go. For a while, I thought we would hold on but the two points slipped from our grasp in injury time! 

Results + League Table

GK3c1qH.png

Very positive signs and perhaps the pundits were right with their predictions. However, looks like we could have some competition...

AUk6HBs.png

Only five games in and we have a game in hand but there are still four teams unbeaten and Valenciennes have won five from six. Can't tell much from this first table alone but could this year be closer than we thought? Next update, I'll have the month of September; I'm planning on doing two 'stats' posts per season with the first in January and the second at the end so we can see who is performing and who isn't!

WIkZDrJ.png

September

5BiO55v.png

Stade Brestois 29 (A)

OrMgX9I.png

Second draw on the road, more bookings, and an injury to Charbonnier; not a great game. Seem to be a little inconsistent at the moment with performances. Sometimes the tactic looks perfect and we play really good football, other times we can't seem to string three passes together! 

Amiens SC (H)

MaT5YeR.png

Although we only scored one, we restricted Amiens to near enough nothing so this was a really positive game. Can we take start to play well consistently?

FC Sochaux-Montbe (A)

JzGZsxA.png

10 shots on target from 16; I'm happy. In some games, you can see the difference in quality between the players. Once again, it was all about restricting the opportunities of the opposition and, as we did that, we just had to score to get the three points. 

Estac Troyes (H)

BSF0ihy.png

We've had some poor draws this season...but this wasn't one of them. We were super unlucky not to grab a winner and played some good football. We seem to be reaching around 10,000 fans at home games too which is a bonus!

US Orleans (A)

kBtB0wm.png

In this one, we had nearly 60% possession and a fair few chances to put the game beyond doubt but we can't complain. At this point, we're still unbeaten with just one game left to come in September. 

Havre Athletic Club (H)

jEWhmOx.png

A game where everything seemed to click, we didn't have as many shots as we've seen in other games but we made them count. As I said in the last update, it's always good to see four different goalscorers! 

Results + League Table

ouFDtTk.png

With this run of results and our unbeaten start to the season extended to eleven games, surely we sit atop Ligue 2? Well...

qnBRP7F.png

Apparently I may have underestimated this league; unbelievable start! Just two defeats in 44 games for the top four and it looks as though we're going to have a fight on our hands. Luckily enough, the top two spots lead to automatic promotion and I'm sure the board won't be too disappointed with second even if it isn't the champions spot. However, I'm getting ahead of myself and there's still lots of football to be played!

Fixtures 

zFVPSQ7.png

Next month, we have just four games but they're all set to be belters. Starting with Racing Club de Lens (5th), we then come home for RC Strasbourg Alsace (17th). Then, a midweek game at FC Metz in the Coupe de la Ligue before finishing away at league-leaders Valenciennes. Three away games, one cup game against a Ligue 1 side...this will be a tough month! 

Summary

All is going well so far, but we have a tricky October plus contracts to sort out in the next few weeks. Thanks for reading! 

WIkZDrJ.png

September

zFVPSQ7.png

Although only early in the season, this could prove to be a big month with two teams in the championship hunt and a Ligue 1 team in the cup. Without further ado, let's take a look! 

Racing Club de Lens (A)

wnC3b9x.png

When we went 1-0 down, I was a little worried but we soon turned up the heat and Charbonnier ensured we had a very good start to the month. As the tactic starts to take hold, we're seeing more of the ball and this can only be a good thing with players perhaps above the general standard of this league. 

RC Strasbourg Alsace (H)

8zYQizf.png

One word...lucky. Going into the game, we were second in the table and RC Strasbourg Alsace were rock bottom and perhaps the over-confidence showed. Although we had 17 shots, just four were on target and we really struggled. Luckily for us, they went down to ten men and Charbonnier got the winner with ten minutes to go. 

FC Metz (A)(Coupe de la Ligue R3)

ORT2MWU.png

Confession, we dropped this game because I had one eye on the tie with Valenciennes just three days later. Resting the main players, we actually started well and got ahead. After Charbonnier and a couple of others came off the bench, I thought we might go ahead and win it but we were unfortunate in the end. This being said, we gave a very good showing against a team in the league above! 

Valenciennes FC (A)

96rXDAh.png

So...players were well rested going into this clash and the table was looking intriguing to say the least. How did we do? Can Charbonnier grab us the vital three points?

w4Y34lz.png

In answer to the second question, Charbonnier needed just nineteen seconds to score and we took charge from here. Huge win; pushes us to the top of the table and we're looking very good indeed. 

Results + League Table

Iln7ubA.png

Another good month. Shame about the cup game but we really needed to rest our key players for the fixture against Valenciennes so we can't really complain. 

WbvklxQ.png

Despite going unbeaten for 14 games, this is the first team we have been in first place (let's hope we can stay there!). As before, some other teams are looking strong so we will have to keep performing if we want to be champions. As you can see, we've been drawn against EFC Frejus Saint-Raphael in the seventh round of the French Cup so that'll be in the next month. Speaking of which...

Fixtures

Xb8qKpm.png

Five games next month. Either side of the cup tie, we have teams in 5th and 3rd to contend with so the games don't get any easier. After this, we finish the month with games against Tours FC and Red Star FC!

WIkZDrJ.png

November

8E9fFb3.png

Five games this month; four in the league and one in the cup as we head closer to the half-way point. Can we remain at the top of the league?

Clermont Foot (A)

LsxDAkX.png

Our first defeat of the season and it wasn't for a lack of trying. Almost three times as many shots as the opposition and more than double the amount on target, but we just couldn't get the goal we needed. Unfortunately, a red card in the 7th minute made it that little bit tougher and Clermont Foot got the winner late on. 

EFC Frejus Saint-Raphael (A)(French Cup R7)

LnxqtIk.png

Once again, dominated the shot count as well as the amount on target but the goals seem to have dried up. 40 shots in the last two games but just one goal. However, we're in the draw for the next round and we have been drawn against...

h59Xf65.png

Chamois Niortais FC (H)

xk7abE4.png

The goals have well and truly disappeared now; make that 60 shots and just one goal. We seem to be playing really good football but the finishing just isn't there for some reason. 

Tours FC (A)

HlO06Lx.png

The rough patch continues and we lose (even though we managed to grab a couple of goals). Great possession, created chances, but this time it was a leaky defence that caused us the problems and we went down to Tours FC. 

Red Star FC (H)

q5Cfein.png

Don't panic... we have a win in the league this month! Just as I was starting to panic, we seemed to click the pieces back together and our shots found the target just as they did in the first few games of the season. 

Results + League Table

jaO4kEc.png

All aboard the struggle bus! Considering the league table has been so tight so far this season, we needed to avoid this kind of month but how has it left the table?

1V0rna8.png

Somehow, someway, we're still at the top. As you can see, Valenciennes struggled too and they gained just two points from four games which meant we extended our lead at the top to four points. Strangely, Clermont Foot are still unbeaten and they've split their 18 games in half between wins and draws. 

Fixtures

xx5ju37.png

So we have three games before the short winter break; one in the cup and two more in the league. Against 7th and 9th, they won't be easy but I would love to go into the break ahead of the rest of the pack! In the next update, I'll bring the stats so far and show who the best players have been this season! 

WIkZDrJ.png

December

xx5ju37.png

US Saint-Maximin (A)(French Cup R8)

5bRCu2F.png

Great result away from home; hopefully the six goals will get us firing again (although we are just about to head into the winter break!). Ndom managed to bag himself a hat-trick and I witnessed one of the best games I've ever seen from a midfielder, He dominated...

PWSIHIl.png

For me, the lack of tackling isn't such a concern because he was playing in a more attacking role for this game! For such a great performance, we've been 'rewarded' with a tough tie against our title rivals...

xLM889V.png

Stade Lavallois MFC (A)

oyF6kJV.png

The possession, the shots, and the performances are still there, we were just unfortunate not to win. If we keep playing well, I'm sure we'll grab enough points over the course of a season to win promotion! 

GFC Ajaccio (H)

lz0cEzj.png

Prime example of what I was saying; we played well yet again and this time made the chances pay. Going into the short winter break, we got three important points and Ndom continued his scoring antics! 

Table and Statistics

u51ymi2.png

So we're just over halfway through the season and sit right at the top. Considering the high expectations of the board, fans, and pundits, I was a little nervous at the start but we seem to be living up to every single claim. Most wins, biggest goal difference, and eight points clear of fourth place so we're looking good. 

In terms of statistics, Charbonnier is joint top goal scorer, Diego and Kankava make an appearance for average rating, and Diego and Chavarria have been contributing with assists. 

Squad

7e8T1kl.png

Overall, I'm really happy with the squad (especially with six players getting above 7.30 for average rating). With Ndom, we have a talented young midfielder and Roche could also improve at the back. As you can see, there are a couple of contracts ending in a few months but I think we can replace them with stronger players next season! Here are three of our talents...

Charbonnier (ST/AMC)

tHwmuuF.png

Atila Turan (WBL)

K4Id0Ej.png

Aly Ndom (DM/MC)

DayyX32.png

Big fan of this guy; strong, determined, and a rock in the middle!

Ligue 1

RrwNBxg.png

Monaco are 16 points clear of PSG and finding the whole league rather easy by the looks of it. 17 games, 16 wins, 0 defeats; unbelievable season so far. At the other end, FC Metz are struggling for points and could find themselves in Ligue 2 next year!

Fixtures

I forgot to take a screenshot of next months' fixtures but we come back from the break in mid-January and carry on from there! 

2 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

GREAT RESULTS IN CUP,I PLAYED EUROPE ONCE WITH AN ESTONIAN 2ND TIER CLUB(WON THE CUP BUT DIDNT PROMOTE!!)WITH SOME LUCK YOU CAN SURPRIZE THEM...:thup:

Thanks! Hopefully a good run in the cup will keep the team motivated! 

WIkZDrJ.png

January

NEW SKIN ALERT! 

oUR2zTK.png

After a short break, we have four games this month and it's time to push on and make that first place spot our own!

Valenciennes FC (H)(French Cup R9)

puPf7vH.png

So...we're now out of the cup. Not even a bad performance; the same problems occurred once again in that we struggle to score and the opposition needs fewer chances to grab the win!

Aj Auxerre (A)

b30cVQe.png

A fairly equal game as the stats suggest; neither team could really get a grip on the match and the end result was probably a fair one. 

Stade Brestois (H)

UmhNfEU.png

Poor performance; didn't get into the game at all but what can we expect when a key man gets sent off after 6 minutes? Starting to let this slip a little, we can't keep dropping points with Valenciennes breathing down our necks. 

Nimes Olympique (A)

nqfF9zg.png

This was much better but it still wasn't enough to walk away with the victory which makes this my first update without a win (I believe). Had a number of shots and the team played well but the final pass seemed to be off and shots were limited to outside the box!

Results + League Table

T8KzZXK.png

Not a single green dot, don't like that at all. If we're to meet the expectations of the board, we're going to need a solid couple of months! How does the table look after this month? 

Xm6AhuM.png

So we've lost the four point lead but we're within touching distance of Valenciennes. Just like us, the competition seems to be struggling so the title is there for the taking if only we could get some sort of consistency.

Other News 

In other news, Charbonnier was rewarded for some fine performances with the Ligue 2 Player of the Year award. 

eYa1M2R.png

Also, I decided to bring in a couple of new faces on loan to freshen up the squad and hopefully make us a little stronger going into the last few months. 

Lusamba (Loan)

eFRB3vV.png

Lusamba is a decent attacking midfielder who should add to our firepower at the top. He has a nice first touch, technique, passing, and vision so I'm hoping he can make a difference. 

Calvert-Lewin (Loan)

ozg3Vsv.png

Again, looking for firepower and some more goals because the squad doesn't seem to be providing them at the minute. I really like Calvert-Lewin and, although he won't play every game, he can provide competition for places and hopefully a boost in morale. 

Summary 

As we head into February, there really isn't long left in the season and we need to start picking up more points! 

WIkZDrJ.png

February

QTqOCfL.png

AC Ajaccio (H)

LJ2xzp5.png

Great way to start the month; dominated the ball and created a good amount. Of course, Charbonnier doing what he does best but also good to see the new man on the scoresheet!

Amiens SC (A)

bKpmUPy.png

Although the stats don't show it, we actually played quite well but highlights were few and far between throughout; not as disheartened as I have been for other draws this season. 

FC Sochaux-Montbe (H)

66EocYC.png

I mean, we had four clear cut chances but we managed to scrape through with just the one goal. However, Sochaux-Montbe are a very good side so I'm more than happy with these three points. 

ESTAC Troyes (A)

Dc7MP3c.png

YES! Great performance, four clear cut chances again but this time we got four goals. Stunning game to finish the month and I'm starting to feel confident once again. The mid-season blip seems to be over and we're on the way up the league again! 

Results + League Table

rCrCXvL.png

Superb month, 10 points from a possible 12 and some very good performances to go with it. Also, Lusamba scored two and Calvert-Lewin got one this month so I'm pretty proud of those two (half panic) signings right at the end of the January window!

GfoLWwd.png

Good stuff, we're back at the top with a goal difference that eclipses the rest of the league. Once again, we're four points clear at the top but we're eight points clear of 3rd and eleven points ahead of 4th so we're sitting in a good position going into the final couple of months! 

WIkZDrJ.png

March

3lW9jYT.png

US Orleans (H)

BjKtrbz.png

I feel like I'm repeating myself here but it was a great performance, we just couldn't grab those precious three points. We had quite a few shots from distance but without really threatening the keeper too much so we need to work more on the final third (sounds strange considering we scored two). Good goal for Lusamba!

Havre Athletic Club (A)

b8Eumv1.png

Last time, I said I was proud of my two panic signings and they made me feel even better with this game. One for Lusamba, two for Calvert-Lewin and we get the win away to Havre!

Racing Club de Lens (H)

QsxVQsW.png

Another win and another beautiful performance; passing play was superb and we couldn't have done much more against a team threatening the top of the league. Another goal for Lusamba!

RC Strasbourg Alsace (A)

DRQ8b2o.png

Finished the month with another three points and our title hunt is well and truly back on. Yet another goal for Lusamba!

Results + League Table 

32tht41.png

Just like last month, we got 10 points from a possible 12 and the lack of cup games seems to be helping us massively. With just the league to focus on, we've not lost in a while and have 6 wins from the last 8!

RYyHQYD.png

Good times all around; we're now well and truly in the top spot and sit 10 points clear of Valenciennes, 12 of Clermont Foot, and 12 of Racing Club de Lens. Unfortunately for Red Star fans, they look all but down with a few other teams struggling at the bottom!

Fixtures 

KLCpE4a.png

So our next two games are against 2nd and 3rd respectively. Win both and we make a huge jump towards the dreamland of Ligue 1!

Other News 

rSzaGn9.png

Valenciennes, who knocked us out of the cup, went and beat PSG on penalties and are flying the flag for Ligue 2!

4XRvMn8.png

Elsewhere, we got our youth intake and I'm pretty happy overall. Although we have a handful of players who could feature later in the save, the top three stand out above the rest...

Hiriart (Striker)

Hl8ALUh.png

Sow (Full Back)

yF8jo4i.png

Breant (Attacking Midfielder)

s0erKDm.png

WIkZDrJ.png

April

ftjFmwO.png

Huge. Month. Valenciennes - 2nd. Clermont Foot - 3rd. Both at home. We can seal the title if we can get the desired results. Have I built it up enough?

Valenciennes FC (H)

oQVWIsP.png

Great start, 2-1 victory against our title challengers. Absolutely dominated the game and Charbonnier came up big with around 20 minutes to go. 

Clermont Foot (H)

KHIPNJ7.png

Wow, what a game. End to end but our defence was the stronger of the two and we won the game 2-0. At times, we've struggled this season but we have performed when it matters with these two games. 

Chamois Niortais FC (A)

RybL5vU.png

I guess that's just how football goes sometimes after beating our two title rivals but we'll take the point considering the circumstances.

Tours FC (H)

UFEj0OH.png

We finished the month with one of the most dominant matches I've seen this season; 28 shots to 2. Although we didn't have any clear-cut chances, Ndom and Turan bagged the goals that secured an unbeaten month. 

Results and League Table

CNYRVpJ.png

So a positive month all-around but what does this mean in the grand scheme of things?

ZbaLTXt.png

WE DID IT! There were a few moments of panic throughout the season but we've clinched the title and Stade de Reims will be playing their football back in Ligue 1 next year!

9ZMiXMB.png

Interestingly, Clermont Foot have overtaken Valenciennes and the latter faces three games to save their season.

Fixtures

rpAgwiD.png

To finish the season, we have three of the bottom four so, knowing FM, we will probably go winless! 

Other News

p0C2cTo.png

For eagle-eyed viewers, you'll notice I haven't talked about a new contract just yet and that's because we hadn't been offered one until mid-April. However, the panic is over and we're set to stay in charge for another two years at least. 

tnzP5RV.png

Also, our U19s won their league which is a positive sign for the club!

In the update after next, I'll look through season stats, youngsters, and other areas of interest before then heading into our Ligue 1 season! 

WIkZDrJ.png

May

rpAgwiD.png

As mentioned last time out, we are now champions but can our team stay focused for three opponents in the bottom four? 

Red Star FC (A)

ia2Yxbq.png

First game of the month, we managed to grab a good victory against Red Star and it seems as though the players haven't started thinking about their holidays just yet.

Stade Lavallois MFC (H)

qbpZ54G.png

Dominated the shot count but perhaps the sunshine on a beach on some remote island is just starting to catch their eye.

Bourg-en-Bresse 01 (A)

LTCYy2h.png

Nope, they've gone. Wouldn't surprise me if they took their phones onto the pitch and started booking their holidays early; a goal from Lusamba finished the season and our last game in Ligue 2. On a positive note, this point for Bourg-en-Bresse allowed them to escape relegation; thought I would help the lower teams out ;)

League Table

sd7ae8c.png

As we know, we're the champions and Clermont Foot managed to hold on to 2nd place which leaves Valenciennes in the promotion playoff game (despite sitting in second for the majority of the season). Just a short update but next time I will assess the season in full, look at the stats, etc! 

WIkZDrJ.png

End of Season Review 

Squad

nWiVs22.png

This is how our squad looks in terms of average rating. January signing Lusamba sits at the top and he had a huge influence on our promotion push scoring seven and assisting five in just twelve games. Other than that, I think we have some good players heading into France's top league!

Reserves and Youth

fKR9VUE.png

nQ8KtM2.png

Our reserves and youth teams are also looking quite strong, I'll be looking to bring a couple up in the coming years (especially given our financial situation as you will see a little later). 

Team of the Year

t5J8B9v.png

We dominated the team of the year with seven players and they also won a number of individual awards for their performances over the course of the season. Unfortunately, we didn't win the Manager of the Season award which went to the Valenciennes manager...

hmKCs1i.png

pW0fSk0.png

French Cup

Whilst on the theme of Valenciennes, they actually reached the final of the French cup after beating PSG earlier in the competition where they played...

fvUOSiG.png

That's right, an all-Ligue 2 cup final and Stade Brestois walked away with the trophy. 

Fan Awards 

EOAlzIm.png

Our left-back Atila Turan won the Fans' Player of the Season award with Ndom getting Goal of the Season. 

Sponsorship and Finances

xw0hAPR.png

For finances, hopefully all these will improve in the top league and we absolutely need it...

pUmhfRd.png

Summary 

First season over, we got the pressure season out of the way and won promotion. Now, expectations shouldn't be too high for next year and we can concentrate on avoiding relegation. Since I'm lacking the time to do this at the moment, I'm probably going to change the format of all updates in the future but we'll see how it goes! 

Archived