Sports Interactive Community
MrT3rrar

Make my 3rd Season Liverpool squad more English

Currently in my third season at Liverpool and just generally need help building a more English/British squad.

I play a 3-4-3 possession based style. 

Had alot of success so there's some I just don't want to sell marked with *.

Gk - Donna (Danny Ward bk)

Rwb - Clyne* (TAA)

Ball playing centerbacks - Matip, Gomez, Keane, Can*

Lwb - Benat, Robertson

Central midfield - Alli* Henderson*, Naby Keita, Wijnaldum*

Attacking Midfield - Coutinho* Salah* Asensio* Siguurdson Chamberlain

Strikers- Lacazette, Firimino, Origi

Bought this summer: Donna, Robertson,

Sold this summer: van Dijk(£60m), Karius(£30), Markovic(£9m)

Open to selling Firimino as he hasn't been there great.

Mainly looking for a center back due to being forced to Sell van Dijk who was amazing for me. This is generally to get more home grown players in but also with a view to taking the England job in a few years so would many of them to be Liverpool players as possible.

If you want english, there's not really a lot of options outside of Eric Dier and John Stones (who both are magnificent). In the next tier you have Smalling and Phil Jones, which for obvious reasons shouldn't be very relevant for you... Maybe Steve Cook, but he's probably not more than a rotation option at best. Your next best bet is looking for youngsters you can develop, but regen CBs are usually terrible at ball playing so maybe you need to look at DMs you can retrain as well. You can see how Oxford and Borthwick-Jackson has developed but my guess is they're not good enough.

Yeah tried Dier and they wanted 90mil...which I guess I could afford but I don't know if I want to pay that much. Stones I can't even get a price.

Smalling is a strange one, he's unhappy and is linked with a 18mi move away but I don't know if I can do that to myself haha.

Aaron Ramsey (Welsh I know but homegrown) also transfer listed for 24mil is he any better than what I have already?  

Also Rose for Benat anyone?

Is Dier better suited to midfield or defence, I don't really need a midfielder unless I sell.

Put Emre Can in a ball playing defender role in my first reason and worked amazingly so he just stuck there now. Wondering if Dier could do a similar job.

Only recently got FM17 because it was on sale so any comments on how the English players fair in your own saves much appreciated.

Dier is definitely capable playing as a BPD. Wouldn't go for Ramsey tbh. Good player but Keita, Hendo and Alli are all better imo, Lewis Cook is a good shout though if you want a midfielder. Rose is great, not sure if I'd rate him higher than Bernat though (+he's older). Shaw is easily the best english left back, but again getting Shaw will probably be a problem (+he's injury prone).

Thanks Ill have a look at Lewis cook.

At the moment, I have Salah and Ox playing as Shadow strikers which Salah has been amazing at but mixed results with Ox.

Was thinking about swapping him for Sterling maybe? (As much as I hate him but eh he's home-grown aswell as club grown)

There's also a lot of talents out and about in the academies that can excel.

Josh Tymon, Adam Armstrong, Patrick Roberts, Joshua Onomah, Ryan Sessegnon, Denis Adeniran, Rico Henry, Tom Davies, Marcus Edwards, Teddy Bishop, Jay Dasilva, Jonathan Leko, Callum Gribbin, Dan Crowley, Nathan Smith, Ben Osborn, Jermaine Anderson, Kyle Walker-Peters, Andre Dozzell, Josh Barrett...I probably miss a lot, but there's a lot of talent in the Championship/League One, which, if nurtured right, can become quite good players.

From a successful game with Spurs, I can vouch for Marcus Edwards and Kyle Walker-Peters. Dier is excellent in both defence and midfield, but at that price, I see why you'd pass.

Andre Dozzell from Ipswich is another CM worth looking at if he has developed well, though afaik his PA varies greatly from save-to-save.