Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, that was actually a tough call, because there is really no way to give them their actual names. I tried everything, from creating stage names to creating competitions and trying to get the stage to use the created competition but no go. So it was either leave them with no names (which I chose to do and that's why it does that), or let them be named numbers of letters. I'm hoping that SI allows us to name the groups whatever we want in the future but for now this is what it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Uncle Sam... You have Inter Miami and Los Angeles FC in the lower leagues... just playing season 1 right now just wondering, do those 2 teams join MLS in seasons down the road or are they just in the pre-season tournaments and such in the file i mean

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Yea, that was actually a tough call, because there is really no way to give them their actual names. I tried everything, from creating stage names to creating competitions and trying to get the stage to use the created competition but no go. So it was either leave them with no names (which I chose to do and that's why it does that), or let them be named numbers of letters. I'm hoping that SI allows us to name the groups whatever we want in the future but for now this is what it is.

Ahh right makes sense now mate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

just got the game and the download, it is truly amazing.  Wonderful work!

 

One question, are the NCAA teams the only ones who do NOT get youth intakes? Just trying to get my bearing around the database before I start a proper save!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, drewedborg12 said:

just got the game and the download, it is truly amazing.  Wonderful work!

 

One question, are the NCAA teams the only ones who do NOT get youth intakes? Just trying to get my bearing around the database before I start a proper save!

I hope they do, cos when the draft happens and the players go to their MLS teams the NCAA teams will be empty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

@Uncle_Sam I've just gone to have the first match in the NCAA and I can't register any players for the match, it says registration opens 1/8/16 and I have to use greyed out players..

are you referring to the spring groups for registration? That should no bearing on the conference you are in nor the NCAA Championship since the fall regular season starts late august

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, drewedborg12 said:

are you referring to the spring groups for registration? That should no bearing on the conference you are in nor the NCAA Championship since the fall regular season starts late august

No, I started the game in January 16 and got to the fist game, I quit that game without saving but on the auto save it shows that registration starts in Augusut:

 

12.thumb.JPG.1bb6d1725e30dab955f58548fdae9fbf.JPG23.thumb.JPG.ffd8a1f94c00babcb21947ace2565455.JPG

When I do get to the match all the players are still ineligible and I can only use the greyed out players.

Edited by bigmattb28
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

No, I started the game in January 16 and got to the fist game, I quit that game without saving but on the auto save it shows that registration starts in Augusut:

 

12.thumb.JPG.1bb6d1725e30dab955f58548fdae9fbf.JPG23.thumb.JPG.ffd8a1f94c00babcb21947ace2565455.JPG

When I do get to the match all the players are still ineligible and I can only use the greyed out players.

this was the same for me at the spring season, I holidayed to august to play the first of the fall and during the holidaying I was asked to register players.  It seems we just cannot register for the spring matches, which is not a big deal because I just scheduled friendlies the day after the spring matches to get some fitness and team gelling together

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, drewedborg12 said:

this was the same for me at the spring season, I holidayed to august to play the first of the fall and during the holidaying I was asked to register players.  It seems we just cannot register for the spring matches, which is not a big deal because I just scheduled friendlies the day after the spring matches to get some fitness and team gelling together

Hmmm it means missing the first 6 months or so. If you've not had any issues with NCAA after then I guess I could holiday til July/August time. Have you had any problems with using NCAA teams at all? Mine crashed on the first league fixture in February last night and this morning I've not bothered playing this database.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Hmmm it means missing the first 6 months or so. If you've not had any issues with NCAA after then I guess I could holiday til July/August time. Have you had any problems with using NCAA teams at all? Mine crashed on the first league fixture in February last night and this morning I've not bothered playing this database.

I only had one crash and that is because I accidentally clicked 'competitions' like the doofus I am.  Otherwise I have not had any problems at all.  Make sure you keep an eye on the age of your players, I signed a player who was 22 in May and turned 23 in early August and could not figure out how he became ineligible after successfully registering him. So once they turn 23 they can't play any games.

It is a great database

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, drewedborg12 said:

I only had one crash and that is because I accidentally clicked 'competitions' like the doofus I am.  Otherwise I have not had any problems at all.  Make sure you keep an eye on the age of your players, I signed a player who was 22 in May and turned 23 in early August and could not figure out how he became ineligible after successfully registering him. So once they turn 23 they can't play any games.

It is a great database

Cool so you've had no issues then mate? How far into the game are you what NCAA team you with? Really hope there's no issues with it as think it could be the best database out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I holidayed until August and the California job was still free so iv applied and got that. Just about to do the first regular season march now and it's let me register players so far. So all being well it looks like it's working. Thing I'm a bit concerned with is the massive gaps between games when managing NCAA teams. I'll prob only stay until the spring season has finish anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I holidayed until August and the California job was still free so iv applied and got that. Just about to do the first regular season march now and it's let me register players so far. So all being well it looks like it's working. Thing I'm a bit concerned with is the massive gaps between games when managing NCAA teams. I'll prob only stay until the spring season has finish anyways.

A) so u get the players from the academy's after they are too old and not before? Say u get a 16 yr old to committ.. How does ncaa work ur transfer window is only certain months and then they join ur club on a certain date?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

A) so u get the players from the academy's after they are too old and not before? Say u get a 16 yr old to committ.. How does ncaa work ur transfer window is only certain months and then they join ur club on a certain date?

Well MLS teams don't get youth intake. I'm not far enough into it to tell you what happens to NCAA teams at the youth intake but will post what happens when I do. The transfers seem to only be signing young players on amateur contracts

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Cool so you've had no issues then mate? How far into the game are you what NCAA team you with? Really hope there's no issues with it as think it could be the best database out there.

I am in september with St Joseph's University with no issues

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

A) so u get the players from the academy's after they are too old and not before? Say u get a 16 yr old to committ.. How does ncaa work ur transfer window is only certain months and then they join ur club on a certain date?

I have not signed anyone younger than 18 or older than 22, it is not allowed per the transfer policy.  There are no transfer windows so you can sign players and register them as necessary since your players can leave on a free at any time due to amateur status (max 30 players registered).  I also have not gone far enough to see if they get a youth intake or not

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drewedborg12 said:

I have not signed anyone younger than 18 or older than 22, it is not allowed per the transfer policy.  There are no transfer windows so you can sign players and register them as necessary since your players can leave on a free at any time due to amateur status (max 30 players registered).  I also have not gone far enough to see if they get a youth intake or not

What I meant about the youth intake was say a mls academy gets a youth intake usually at 18 they are too old to stay so then they leave the academy's is that when u sign them type thing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

What I meant about the youth intake was say a mls academy gets a youth intake usually at 18 they are too old to stay so then they leave the academy's is that when u sign them type thing?

I have just finished the 2016 season and got to the 2017 spring season.  

I had 2 random kids (18 yrs old) join my NCAA team on January 1st, 2017 so I am unsure how that has happened (not complaining though), one of them came from the Sounders academy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Well MLS teams don't get youth intake. I'm not far enough into it to tell you what happens to NCAA teams at the youth intake but will post what happens when I do. The transfers seem to only be signing young players on amateur contracts

I have just finished the 2016 season and got to the 2017 spring season.  

I had 2 random kids (18 yrs old) join my NCAA team on January 1st, 2017 so I am unsure how that has happened (not complaining though), one of them came from the Sounders academy.  There is no notification for any of your players declaring  for the super-draft so I just checked my tactics until it happened and 3 of my players got drafted on January 12th.  Also I can use my own players and not greyed out players for the spring season since the registration from August 2016 carries over to the spring 2017 season so it is just the 2016 spring season that is affected.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks drew.. I'm going to give Boston College a try since i really like their jerseys. I'm going to auto sim 2016 season that way October to January i can scout players etc for the 2017 season

Link to post
Share on other sites

using Boston College for example.. ACC they play 9 games and then they play 17 games in NCAA Divison 1 Group 1. whats the difference between the two.  Like i know ACC is the league but whats the NCAA Division 1 Group 1? Just friendly games? I have also auto simmed from January 2016 until June 17th 2016 on my way until October 31st 2016 before i take over my question is the NCAA Division Group 1 games that Boston has played in the auto sim their results have yet to appear in the NCAA Division 1 Group 1 standings just under schedule why is that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

using Boston College for example.. ACC they play 9 games and then they play 17 games in NCAA Divison 1 Group 1. whats the difference between the two.  Like i know ACC is the league but whats the NCAA Division 1 Group 1? Just friendly games? I have also auto simmed from January 2016 until June 17th 2016 on my way until October 31st 2016 before i take over my question is the NCAA Division Group 1 games that Boston has played in the auto sim their results have yet to appear in the NCAA Division 1 Group 1 standings just under schedule why is that?

Ignore the spring games.  Those are just friendlies to get the squad gelling and have no bearing on the fall season and ACC teams.  The fall groupings are different every year (I am already in my second yr) and they are for non conference games.  I assume it helps gaining an at large bid should you not win the ACC title but finish top of your non conference group

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just trying out the Academy leagues.. There is no news about any youth intake players added to your squad but i can confirm by January of 2017 your first group of youth players are added to ur squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started a save with this download and am enjoying it so far.  I play with my normal club team and as the US National Team coach. In checking the US player pool I noticed a rich supply of young talent (for a change), so I decided to see what the generated players setting was for the US.  As much as I like the idea of super talent coming in all the time I decided to tone it down to be comparable to Germany.  Other players may want to consider this as well, but on the other hand....   :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

I just started a save with this download and am enjoying it so far.  I play with my normal club team and as the US National Team coach. In checking the US player pool I noticed a rich supply of young talent (for a change), so I decided to see what the generated players setting was for the US.  As much as I like the idea of super talent coming in all the time I decided to tone it down to be comparable to Germany.  Other players may want to consider this as well, but on the other hand....   :)

How do u go about doing that

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

How do u go about doing that

If you have the in-game editor:  at the top of the screen click on the world icon and then select the country you are interested in.  Once that is done invoke the in-game editor, then "edit nation details" then "generated players".  This setting affects the PA of new players.  

If you don't have the in-game editor then you would need to use the database editor and modify the download.  Each country has a "generated players" setting so change it to what you want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

If you have the in-game editor:  at the top of the screen click on the world icon and then select the country you are interested in.  Once that is done invoke the in-game editor, then "edit nation details" then "generated players".  This setting affects the PA of new players.  

If you don't have the in-game editor then you would need to use the database editor and modify the download.  Each country has a "generated players" setting so change it to what you want.

Ill have to restart my save as I have disabled the editor for my save... so we have to do this every year of the youth intake or just once?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fmfan00 said:

Ill have to restart my save as I have disabled the editor for my save... so we have to do this every year of the youth intake or just once?

just once per save should be enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

sorry i ment to ask whats the youth rating we are changing to like germany like # wise

I set it to 155 to be like Germany.  I think Brazil is a bit higher, Mexico is lower.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

may have already been asked and answered but I am playing as Seattle U in the NCAA and don't seem to be able to register my players. I can't register them no matter what I do which means I can't play my league games. is there anything I can do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, m2887 said:

may have already been asked and answered but I am playing as Seattle U in the NCAA and don't seem to be able to register my players. I can't register them no matter what I do which means I can't play my league games. is there anything I can do?

i am 3 yrs into my save with Saint Joes in the A-10 and I can answer this for you.  If you are in the first year and you start in the winter you will NOT be able to register your players for the spring season 2016.  You can play them in friendlies but not the spring group games.  Starting August 1st 2016 you can register players for the actual regular season conference and non-conference games.  However, once the season ends and you sign players in January to replace any that are too old, got drafted etc they will not be registered to play in the spring season since the August registration period lasts the "school year" (2016-2017 for example) but you can use what players are still at your school to play in the spring games.  I know that was a tl:dr but I hope this helps!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had a couple of seasons out of this file yet? Just curious if the draft definitely works as I did a test save and used a start date in Argentina and don't think the draft happened, I am in January 2017 and the transfers tab in MLS screen says the draft is on 13/12/2016 but no actual draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found something weird when using this:

If you start a save in 2017, without this expansion file, and add MLS as a playable leauge later on, MLS never starts. This is a bug with the game and I've reported it to SI so they can at least fix it for FM18.

With this expansion file, however, MLS starts 1/1/2018 as it should, but for some strange reason FM feels the need to fill all MLS-teams with scary looking adult fake players, despite the fact there's already plenty of real players in the roster. They are good fake players, too. So good they go straight into the US national team and completley suck the realsim out of the game.

I doubt this has anything to do with this expansion file, though. Probably an SI bug. Just thought it could be worth mentioning so others don't get a nasty surprise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Has anyone had a couple of seasons out of this file yet? Just curious if the draft definitely works as I did a test save and used a start date in Argentina and don't think the draft happened, I am in January 2017 and the transfers tab in MLS screen says the draft is on 13/12/2016 but no actual draft.

the draft in December is the expansion draft and its only a one time occurrence.  The super draft happens in the second week of January every year

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Viking said:

I've found something weird when using this:

If you start a save in 2017, without this expansion file, and add MLS as a playable leauge later on, MLS never starts. This is a bug with the game and I've reported it to SI so they can at least fix it for FM18.

With this expansion file, however, MLS starts 1/1/2018 as it should, but for some strange reason FM feels the need to fill all MLS-teams with scary looking adult fake players, despite the fact there's already plenty of real players in the roster. They are good fake players, too. So good they go straight into the US national team and completley suck the realsim out of the game.

I doubt this has anything to do with this expansion file, though. Probably an SI bug. Just thought it could be worth mentioning so others don't get a nasty surprise.

I can tell you from reading the bugs forum that the MLS issue you describe there has been fixed, I noticed that on an earlier save I had. As for the fake players that must have been on your save as on the few I've done with this file (did a couple of test saves) and all the MLS teams have the proper players, it's only the upsl and NCAA that have the regen 'fake' players mate.

1 hour ago, drewedborg12 said:

the draft in December is the expansion draft and its only a one time occurrence.  The super draft happens in the second week of January every year

Yeah cool man I jus got to January and checked and the super draft happened. Some kid that scored 17 in 17 for Akron got picked first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I can tell you from reading the bugs forum that the MLS issue you describe there has been fixed, I noticed that on an earlier save I had. As for the fake players that must have been on your save as on the few I've done with this file (did a couple of test saves) and all the MLS teams have the proper players, it's only the upsl and NCAA that have the regen 'fake' players mate.

Well, I still don't get MLS to work if I start a new save in march 2017 and then add it later, which makes sense since there's been no updates since I reported the bug as far as I know.

I'll try another save to see if I get the fake player horror again, though. Hopefully it was just a one time thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...