[FM17] USA Real Life Expansion

rtEfPyA.png

USA Expansion File

Have you ever played an MLS save and wished that you could see highlights of players that you loan to your USL affiliate? Have you ever wanted to observe your Academy prospects? Have you ever drafted a player from a PDL club like the Mississippi Brilla and wish that it was from an actual NCAA collegiate program like in real life? Have you ever wanted to take control of your local amateur side, like the Knoxville Force, and try to beat your archrivals and win the league?

That’s what this file is for. As much as possible with the limitations of the editor, we have tried to recreate a real life FM experience for the unique structure of the sport in the United States. All-in-all, there are over 600 playable teams in 8 levels of competition.

Major League Soccer - This file adds Los Angeles FC and David Beckham’s Miami franchise (Inter Miami) to the 2017 expansion. Also added are MLS Rivalry competitions for NYRB-NYFC, LA Galaxy v. LAFC, and Orlando City v. Inter Miami. MLS teams will also prepare for the season in one of seven preseason exhibition tournaments (ATX Pro Challenge, Carolina Challenge Cup, Desert Diamond Cup, IMG Suncoast Pro Classic, Las Vegas Pro Soccer Challenge Cup, Simple Invitational, Walt Disney Pro Soccer Classic).

IMd31kG.pngqP5tZ4h.pngcl2zvkH.pngKFbHQ3c.png

North American Soccer League - Adds the announced future expansion teams in Orange County, CA (California Athletic FC) and San Diego (San Diego Waves). The league format is at it is in real life, with a Spring and Fall season. The two winners advance to the Championship semifinals, joining the top two qualifiers from the overall table (three if the same team wins both spring and fall).

vIgJt46.pngsqC6Jvt.png

United Soccer League - Includes expansion side Nashville SC and Austin Aztex off hiatus. The league is split into two conferences (as in real life), with each conference having an eight-team playoff whose winners compete in the USL Cup. All 24 MLS clubs have affiliates in USL, so this is a chance to keep a better eye on developing players.

kkTYe0n.pngAIIUoFp.png

NCAA Division I - 206 NCAA teams have been added. The format is as close as possible to real life. There is a spring season where teams can get a look at their players heading into the fall. The regular season consists of 9-10 non-conference matches to go with their conference schedule. As in real life, 21 of the 24 conferences will have a tournament that is set up to reflect the real life format. Each conference will send its champion, along with 24 at-large qualifiers, to the NCAA Division I Championship tournament to compete the national title. The MLS SuperDraft will draw players from the NCAA, as in real life, so MLS clubs can scout for future talent.

JMRhdBt.pngQdC3PZs.pngmkPKY3n.png

Premier Development League - The PDL is set up as in real life, with 10 divisions that feed a 22-team championship tournament. The teams play a 14-match schedule during the summer.

5pdJ8SM.pngMBc5cVW.png

National Premier Soccer League - Also set up as in real life with 4 Regions divided into “conferences”. The four region winners advance to compete for the NPSL Championship. The teams play a 12-match summer schedule.

p32BQJj.pngUL1v0N0.png

United States Soccer Development Academy - The USSDA is divided into 7 Divisions. In all, 32 teams qualify for the USSDA Championship tournament. This is as close to how it functions in real life as possible, with the only difference being the schedule. It is impossible to run the league on a Fall-Spring calendar, so it runs a 30-match schedule on a Spring-Fall calendar. All MLS clubs have academies in the league, so if you manage in MLS you can see potential prospects from you academy.

SOZmz1H.pngbQ833Hk.png

USASA Amateur Leagues - Six of the more prominent amateur leagues in the US have been included. The American Soccer League, American Premier Soccer League, Southern Premier Soccer League, Premier League of America, and the United Premier Soccer League are all represented as close to their real life format as possible, competing to earn a spot in the US Open Cup.

iURdqih.pngF316WGn.pngJQfoQe1.png

Additional Add-Ons

I have also included downloads for Club and Competition Logos, as well as Club kits. This will give every team logos and kits, and logos for every competition as well. (Included in my file are MLS kits that were originally created by kifla6 and downloaded from here: https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/32059/usa-mls-ss2017-new-070517-not-sskcc-yet. Those kits ARE included in the download below, with permission from the author)

Download (for version 1.3) - http://www.mediafire.com/file/atrsao41ao54jdh/USA_Expansion_Graphics.rar

Update - Latest version 1.2

CHANGE LIST

-Bug causing teams in the NCAA and the USSDA to send their players on holiday before the Championship Tournament has been fixed. The USSDA Championship stages will not only be visible in the USSDA Divisions, but the history will be viewable in the USSDA Championship Competition.

-The USSDA Championship is now set up even closer to real life. The Group Stage will take place entirely at the large Grand Park facility in Westfield, Indiana. The Quarterfinal will be played at the club sites, with the Semifinal, Third Place Playoff, and Final played at the StubHub Center practice fields.

-The recently-announced USL Expansion team Fresno FC has been added. Fresno FC and the 2 NASL expansion teams will now enter the US Open Cup in 2018.

-There have been some changes to update some club and competitions graphics. The graphics are now in one file.

Update - Latest version 1.3

CHANGE LIST

-Fixed an issue where the NCAA teams weren't able to register players for their competitions. Now there is no registration required and they have a maximum team size of 30

-Adjusted the MLS league and playoff schedule to reflect real life

-Adjusted the US Open Cup so that the regional draw is more accurate (not perfect, but MUCH better and closer to real life). I was also annoyed that the draw was occurring the day that the round was played when it should have been the day after, so I fixed that.

-Added the new Las Vegas team to USL. They haven't announced their name/logo but there is a movement to revive the old Quicksilvers so that's what I went with, inspired by a concept designed by Raysox at SportsLogos.net

-Added several rivalries to try and spice up the lower leagues a bit

Disclaimers

I cannot guarantee that this file will function properly with any other third party DB editor file. I use it with some and it works fine, but I have not tested it with every other file available. If you use a file that includes created competitions and/or clubs, then it will affect the graphics download and they will not work properly. Furthermore, if you use a file that fixes the names of competitions, then you will probably need to manually adjust it so that it doesn’t alter the names of the competitions in this file. I have a file that I fixed, but I cannot post it here because even without looking I’m sure it’s against the rules. I will post the file at other sites where I upload this database.

Warning

It should also be noted that if you select an NCAA team, the game will crash if you click on the competitions tab. This is likely because the NCAA D1 Soccer competition has 206 teams in it. Unfortunately this is a limitation of the game itself and cannot be helped without damaging the overall experience of the game.

USA Expansion 1.3_90EDD1D6-0000-4DFB-9314-9B31364516F7.fmf

Edited by Uncle_Sam

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle Sam... Just curious the NCAA teams how do their teams get made up of players? is it just like youth intakes type thing every year?

Also dumb question i know where the logos and kits rar directories go where under fm17 does the comp logos go

Edited by Fmfan00

5 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Uncle Sam... Just curious the NCAA teams how do their teams get made up of players? is it just like youth intakes type thing every year?

Also dumb question i know where the logos and kits rar directories go where under fm17 does the comp logos go

The Competition Logos file can go anywhere in the graphics subfolder in the Football Manager 17 folder. I have a subfolder titled Competitions inside the graphics folder where I put all of my competition logos. 

As for the NCAA teams getting players, they sign players who become too old for the Academy teams. I've run tests and while they rarely ever "fill up" a roster, I've also never seen them empty.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

I also just added a warning about playing with an NCAA team that I previously forgot to mention. If you choose to play as an NCAA team, the game will crash if you click on the competitions tab. I suspect that this is because the NCAA D1 Soccer division has 206 teams in it and it simply cannot handle that. There really is no way around that glitch without hurting the overall experience of the file.

3 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

having a academy squad with European clubs u can have them use your parent clubs tactic... can u do that in this save or is it up to the academy club manager?

Unfortunately it's up to the academy club manager. There is no way with the limitations of the editor to correct this without removing the Academy's ability to generate new players.

Haven't had time to start a game yet, are the drafted players from PDL or NCAA?

Also are you planning to add the Champions Soccer Legaue USA? They recently was accepted by USASA as a national league, wich means it's counted as a similar league as NPSL and PDL by USASA

The CSL-USA is in the future plans, but probably not until FM18. I'm also planning on adding USL3 and the NISA as more information is released.

The MLS SuperDraft draws players from the NCAA in this file.

Hey Uncle Sam I went undefeated with Miami city in the pdl and did not get a playoff spot  any idea on why that happened disregard did not go far enough

Edited by t27
Not a problem

17 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

They are signed as they leave Academy clubs, or they loan players from the higher divisions.

Cool, I havent had time to check the save out but does NPSL teams now play in US Cup?

Also is there a way in the editor to link PDL teams to NCAA teams so that top players play in PDL during the NCAA offseason?

15 hours ago, t27 said:

Hey Uncle Sam I went undefeated with Miami city in the pdl and did not get a playoff spot  any idea on why that happened disregard did not go far enough

I went and check all of my tests and the PDL Playoffs functioned as they should in every save. I honestly don't know why that would have happened. My first guess would be another db file interfering but I can't say that for sure. Apologies, if I could find it I would fix it.

5 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Cool, I havent had time to check the save out but does NPSL teams now play in US Cup?

Also is there a way in the editor to link PDL teams to NCAA teams so that top players play in PDL during the NCAA offseason?

The Open Cup now selects the best four teams from each NPSL region, excluding Reserve/B/2/U23 teams.

As for the link, that is probably something that I could try and accomplish for a future version of the file.

4 minutes ago, goblinshark said:

Could u do one where there are promotions and relegation's 'Fantasy'

If you look in this forum, I do have a promotion and relegation custom pyramid. The problem with trying to implement it into this file is that it would absolutely blow everything up. No teams would end up in their geographical region, etc etc etc. In past version of the editor MLS would also lose the draft, All-star game. I don't know if that's still the case because I haven't tried it.

This file is meant to mirror real life, and for the time being pro/rel only exists in the lower amateur leagues.

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Nice! Thanks!

Yes, in real life U23 and B squads cannot qualify. I also had to find a workaround to prevent Canadian teams from the PDL in, which I did. As it is, 20 teams from the PDL (5 from each Conference) and 16 teams from the NPSL (4 from each Region) qualify for the Open Cup. 

Are the open cup berths in the pdl and npsl pre determined or based on league position as I am in my second season with Miami city went undefeated  was pdl semi finalists and the winner of the playoffs did not get a berth thanks for the file it is fun to play with my local amateur side

Edited by t27
More explanation

Am I the only one noticing that teams don't really sign players. For example Austin Aztec Start with no players and by June they have signed 3. The rest of the team are grey players.

In my current game the Aztex start with 18, and they've signed one player (I'm only in March of the first season).

When adding to the existing USA league structure things will always be a bit wonky at first due to all of the hard coding. The number of players and even newgens are fixed. It does eventually largely sort itself out, but it's one of the unfortunate things about editing the USA DB.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

On 7/5/2017 at 09:10, Uncle_Sam said:

The Gold Cup should proceed as normal, no international competitions have been touched in this file.

Stupid question... the gold cup is that the North American Championship in fm17?

54 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

Stupid question... the gold cup is that the North American Championship in fm17?

That's not a stupid question. The Gold Cup is the North American INTERNATIONAL Championship. The North American CLUB Championship is the CONCACAF Champions League. If it hasn't been renamed in you game then I think it should be called the North American Champions League.

1 hour ago, Number seven said:

That is because you use other files with added teams.... If you read the OP you will find that he say so in the disclaimer.....

so basically I need to untick all custom leagues and DBs and have this ticked on it's own?

Would the game crash if i switched fury academy from the Quebec league to the NsAL or whatever the league is with Oakwood SC that the impact academy and that is in just so i can follow my prospects if I play as Ottawa fury?

Actually, it probably wouldn't because the game is set to select specific teams for the league structure. You would have to modify the actual USSDA division that you put them in under the "Teams" section.

On 07/07/2017 at 13:41, Uncle_Sam said:

In my current game the Aztex start with 18, and they've signed one player (I'm only in March of the first season).

When adding to the existing USA league structure things will always be a bit wonky at first due to all of the hard coding. The number of players and even newgens are fixed. It does eventually largely sort itself out, but it's one of the unfortunate things about editing the USA DB.

Into Second season and all the teams seem to have populated. I have to say I have played a few USA Expansions through other FM games and this is best. Thanks and keep up the good work.

21 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Actually, it probably wouldn't because the game is set to select specific teams for the league structure. You would have to modify the actual USSDA division that you put them in under the "Teams" section.

Was just basically swapping the teams im not adding a team or minusing a team.. Only because the Quebec league doesn't have a season and such... And the USSDA league does and that way i can watch my prospects develop better if i am saying playing as Ottawa fury.. 

Edited by Fmfan00

8 hours ago, joecap196 said:

How do I get the file into the game so it is playable?

If you own a windows PC, you extract it to the documents/sports interactive/football manager 2017/editor data subfolder.

On 7/5/2017 at 02:42, t27 said:

Are the open cup berths in the pdl and npsl pre determined or based on league position as I am in my second season with Miami city went undefeated  was pdl semi finalists and the winner of the playoffs did not get a berth thanks for the file it is fun to play with my local amateur side

I just remembered what might be causing this.

For the US Open Cup, I set it up to mirror the competition in real life for 2016 and 2017, meaning. So for the first two seasons, the teams in the US Open Cup are the ones that were in it in real life (except for some amatuer clubs that aren't in the database). From 2018 onward FM will select the best teams from each PDL conference and NPSL region, and the various Amateur leagues. 

I am a long time lurker on the forums and when Makoto posted his thread I finally decided to sign up for the forum!

That being said, I still only play FM 16 and did not buy FM 17 but this database is making me consider buying it (Rochester Rhinos are my hometown team).  

The question I have is that I am super interested in managing a college team (St.Joseph's University specifically if they are in game as I spent half my college career there), you mentioned above that the NCAA teams get their players from kids who don't make the cut at their senior team, are these players on amateur contracts and can be signed away at any time and leave me with close to no players or would I sign them to fixed 4 year contracts to simulate the four years spent in college and then upon graduation (the end of the 4 yr contract) they declare for the MLS Superdraft? 

Unfortunately I was unable to get the 4-year contract thing sorted out. You basically sign players to amateur contracts after they leave their USSDA clubs. Some are selected (randomly, as far as I can tell) for the MLS SuperDraft, while others simply stay until they become too old or are signed by other clubs. I'm always trying to tweak it, but as of now it's as close to the real life system as I have been able to get.