[Discussion] Interactions

Hi all,

Just a quick discussion, not sure if it's been discussed before.

Player interactions (Positive) You get a suggestion of Public or Private but no matter what you discuss sometimes their morale can go from Superb to very poor just by saying someone's been playing well, or had a good last game. What's the deal with that? Surely they should be feeling good about that?

Negative feedback - Issuing warnings, etc for poor performance, someone gets a 5 rating so I warn them and they're not happy and then end up feeling like they've been treated unfairly?

What's the triggers for these such irrational reactions?

Cheers,

Ariff

If you keep telling someone you think they're great when they think they're doing crap, they're going to have a low opinion of you or get lazy.  Either way not too motivating.

I've been very cautious about issuing warnings for poor performance - mostly because I'm too lazy to analyse why they were so crap on a given day - because it's not as simple as it used to be when you could just say they were pants based on a rating.  Now you have to tell them why they were pants because of their poor passing, finishing, defending, creativity etc, and then of course depending on whether they agree with you/how much respect they have for you etc.

I believe their personality type has something to do with what they expect of themselves.

Archived