The hunt for the old lady - FMT17 edition

Muggert

THE HUNT FOR THE OLD LADY - FMT17 edition

Background:

Time to bring immersion into my FM once again. I'm back hunting for the Juventus position. I've tried it 3 times before without luck.

I've struggled to get a grip of the tactics in FM17 and it's time to learn on the fly.

Goal:

Once again I will have no real goals other than that I would like to manage Juventus at some time.

Also I'll set a bunch of goals leading up to the appointment.

Setup:

Nations loaded(Lowest available league):

Finland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia & Wales

Top Division only :

England, Germany, Italy & Spain

I will change the playable leagues as my reputation rises.

Database size is Large.

I'm starting in July 2017. I will continue through the initial jobs and wait for openings after the initial available clubs.

The Manager:

My name is Danilo Bandini. I'm a 25-year-old italian manager.

After 5 years as a youth manager for Juventus I felt it was time to move on. In the past I have sent out unsuccesfull job applications to a bunch of Serie C clubs. Always the same answer, 'You're too inexperienced for this level'. That is not gonna get me closer to my dream job of managing Juventus.

So... I resigned as a youth manager in Juve to become unemployed and started off hunting clubs in less glamorous leagues. Apparently it required much harder work than I had imagined.

Updates:

Mostly seasonal updates.

Goals:

Manage Juventus

Part Goals:

Spoiler

Showing Loyalty: Turn down one of Juventus' rival clubs

If you can't manage them, beat them: Beat Juventus

You hired this guy?!: Beat a former Juventus boss

Winner: Win a Trophy - Icelandic Cup - UMF Fjölnir

Now they can't see past me: Win a major trophy 

Keeping it tight: Concede less than 0,75 goals a game through a season

Visiting an old friend: Manage a club I've managed before

Local focus: Overperform with a squad of 75% country nationality

The developer: Develop a world class talent form the youth system

Getting the best out of the boys: Have a player win the Ballon D'or

Youth guru: Have a player win the the Golden Boy

History:

Spoiler

2017 - Icelandic First Division - Fjölnir - 2nd - Promotion + Cup win

2018 - Icelandic Premier Division - Fjölnir - 2nd - Euro League Qual. + Super Cup Win

2018/19 - Israelian Premier Division - Maccabi Tel Aviv - 1st (Took over in 4th with 9 games to go)

2019/20 - Israelian Premier Division - Maccabi Tel Aviv - 1st - State cup win

2020 - Swedish Premier Division - AIK - 2nd - (Took over in 2nd after 23 games)

2021 - Swedish Premier Division - AIK - 2nd - Cup Win!

2022 - Swedish Premier Division - AIK - Win! - Cup Win!

2022/23 - Italian Serie A - Sampdoria - 13th - (Took over in 11th with 14 to go)

2023/24 - Italian Serie A - Sampdoria - 7th (Left after 31 games)

Awards:

Trophies:

Spoiler

Icelandic Cup - UMF Fjölnir, 2017

Icelandic Champions Cup - UMF Fjölnir, 18

Israelian Premier League - Maccabi Tel-Aviv, 2018/19, 2019/20

Israelian State Cup - Maccabi Tel Aviv, 2019/20

Swedish Cup - AIK 2021, 2022

Swedish Premier Division - AIK 2022

Wage situation:

I have nothing left in the wage budget to shaoe the squad myself. Almost 20% of the budget is on one player. A good one. But he earns to much. Dane Marcus Solberg is going away one way or the other.

KaucOvd.png

ru8CpKT.png

Season Preview 2017

A hectic offseason and we brought in 12 new players. 11 of them are planned to be starters.

I offloaded Solberg in a mutual termination and sold Full Back Tadejevic to Dundee for £100K

My contacts in Italy helped me a lot and we've signed 5 italians.

Our predicted starting lineup:

QtSV5ce.jpg

Key Players:

D R - Alberto Bencivenga

DM - Gaby Mudingayi

AM L - Matthias Lepiller

Board expectations / Own Expectation:

Upper League - Don't get outclasses / Qualify for the Quarterfinals

First Division - Win / Win

Icelandic Cup - Quarterfinal / Quarterfinal

Let's get it on!

EDIT: I have changed my ST to a DLF-S and switched the two centre mids :-)

2016 Season Review

Squad - Competitions - Transfers - Finances - Awards - 

Fans' Players of the season:

Matthias Lepiller - Giovanni Cristofari - Vasilije Prodanovic

Season review:

A dissapointing performance in the Upper League Cup was replaced with a good cup run which resulted in my first trophy in my first managerial season.

In the league we were domintating, however a slump towards the end meant us slipping to 2nd place.

League changes:

I do not change any leagues other than the three I changed after the cup win

Season Preview 2017

Most of the teams is the same as last year. I've brought in a new midfield trio. Unfortunately I missed out on 3 of my new signings being Non-EU as i had accidently switched of the filter. So I might rotate quite a bit.

We should be able to compete on several fronts. Euro League of course not so much,

Our predicted starting lineup:

ZJ8Is9n.jpg

Key Players:

DC - Damjan Vuklisevic

DM - Andres Schetino

ST - Ivan Bubelo

Upper League - Don't get outclasses / Qualify for the Quarterfinals

Premier Division - Top-Half / Top-Half

Icelandic Cup - Quarterfinal / Quarterfinal

Icelandic Champions Cup - Don't get outclassed / Go for the win!

Let's get it on!

2018 Season Review

Squad - Competitions - Transfers - Finances - Awards

Matthias Lepiller - Branimir Kostic - Damjan Vuklisevic

Season review:

A monumental collapse. MONUMENTAL!

5 points clear with of FH with 4 games to go and we ended up choking and collecting only 1 point in the final 4 games. I'm dissapointed. Had we come from behind I'm sure I'd be satisfied , but we were so close

Much of the season we had to sell our best players to gather finances to continue building the club. I'm gonna sell a lot of players in the summer as well.

League changes:

I overperformed, got into europe and won the Icelandic Super Cup

I add Sweden and remove Finland

Season Preview 2019

A bunch of new players and the clearly best team in the league. I've persuaded a bunch of Italians to give it a shot in Iceland. Our only real weaknes is our RB position, for which I did not find a quality player. Let's hope I'm surprised.

I want it all this season. League at least.

Predicted Line-Up:

0E59JZb.jpg

Key Players:

DC - Riccardo Brosco

AM R - Simone Rosso

ST - Salvatore Caturano

Upper League - Not important / Win

Premier Division - Win / Win

Icelandic Cup - Final / Win

Let's get it on!

Danilo Bandini Press release:

Sometimes in life you have to make decisions. I've made  a hard one yesterday, and of today I'm no longer the manager of UFM Fjölnir.

I'm a manager driven by ambition, and my ambition has brought me to new pastures in a bigger league.

I have had a incredible run in Iceland with the best club in the country. It is only a matter of time before the club wins its first championship.

I'm honoured and humbled to been a part of this great club. And I've appreciated the 2 pieces of silverware we've brought to the club. Collectively.

I want to thank the chairman, the players and not least the fans for showing me how Icelandic passion runs through the veins of this club.

I'm proud to have brought the club to this position, and I'm sure you'll enjoy much succes if you get behind a new manager, like you've gotten by me.

Farewell!

- I will announce my new club shortly

STOP 2 - MACCABI TEL-AVIV - ISRAELI PREMIER DIVISION

I got an offer I can't refuse. The most winning club in Israel and a wage budget that is 20 times bigger than in Iceland.

Of course I personally will get a nice wage increase as well.

They're currently 4th in the league and I will try to manage them to 3rd without any transfers before being able to assemble my own squad in the new season.

Jjt2Mjr.png

THE CLUB

HFyzVP6.jpg

THE SITUATION

BOaOsLt.png

What a start!

58rOGpx.png

Seven games - Seven victories

Even though I only have one striker available and My central defense mostly consisted of a DL and a DM due to only having to CB's in the squad. Both having injuries.

All this made us climb up the table to first.

After this we had the first loss of the period, but we're still 3 points ahead with 2 to go. There's still hope.

Season Preview 2019/20

We signed a bunch of young non-israelic guys, and signed the best Israelian player in the league.

We should be able to retain the premier division. Also I would like to end up in the group stages of either the Champions League or the Euro League

Predicted Line-Up:

N2k2ax6.jpg

Key Players:

DC - Christian Ramos

AML - Tal Ben-Chaim

AMC - Michael Ohana

Premier Division - Win / Win

State Cup - Final / Win

Toto Cup - Not Important / Not Important

Champions League - Playoffs / Playoffs

Let's get it on!

• 3 weeks later...

2019/20 Season Review

Dor Micha - Sean Goldberg - Vidar Örn Kjartansson

Season review:

A quick predictable exit to Celtic and we were off to the group stage of the Euro League. We lost a group with Sporting Lisboa, Young Boys and Anderlecht. A bit underwhelming only collecting 3 points in the process.

We bounced back and controlled the Premier Division from start to end. Also we manage to snatch a State Cup victory on penalties.

League changes:

A double and a european group stage. People consider this a highly productive season. I see massive changes in my potential.

Removed: Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Bulgaria

Added: Poland, Belarus, Denmark, Romania, Croatia

Bandini quits Maccabi Tel-Aviv post

In interesting turn of events Bandini has resigned from his position as Maccabi Tel Aviv manager.

'It's been a pleasure bringing succes to this great club, but I have come to the conclusion that I need to move on' Bandini told us.

Rumour says Bandini has had trouble settling into the country.

Bandini managed Maccabi Tel-Aviv in 68 this season. A number simply thought to be too high for Bandinis liking.

'I have no time to refine our tactics on the practice field. It's simply from one game to another' he was qouted earlier in the season.

What's next for Bandini? Maybe a date with an old lady?

STOP 3 - AIK - SWEDISH PREMIER DIVISION

A new challenge in a new country. A bit more liberal foreign policies and a lot fewer games.

A proud club history that hopefully I can add to!

JETSQQw.png

THE CLUB

N4RhJtt.jpg

THE SITUATION

bvaBprR.png

I have no hopes for any winnings this year, but next year I want to challenge for the title. Winning it the season after.

Season Preview 2020/2021

We signed a bunch of non-european players. I needed a bit of flair offensively.

For the first time in a long time in Fm, I go into the season with two different formations. A 4-1-2-2-1 and the formation I plan to use the most a 4-2-3-1.

I've signed a bunch of U19 players as well. Grooming them in my reserves squad.

Predicted Line-Up:

b6tGf9l.jpg

Key Players:

AML - Ahmed Musa

AMR - Luiz Arajo

ST - Luciano De La Vega

Premier Division - Around the top / Euro qual.

Cup - Not important / Give youth a chance

Let's get it on!

Thats number 6

After starting the season with 10 straight wins and only 1 goal conceded, we've run into a slump in the league.

Fortnately we were able to take the Cup. Less pressure on the rest of the season now.

NdhtrJB.png

2021 Season Review

Luciano De la Vega - Jesper Nyholm - Sauli Väisänen

Season review:

We started of strong with 10 wins in all competitions which catapulted us into a cup win. We ran into trouble trying some new things tactically and it hurt us in the end.

Our south american invasion on our squad is going well.

If I manage to keep most of the squad I'm confident I'm gonna be a favourite for the title next year.

League changes:

Removed: Iceland, Israel, Norway, Scotland

Added: Austria, Greece, Holland, Switzerland

Due to game speed I'm only selecting top leagues in some countries

So... Close to the season start we've decided to sell 2 of our profiles.

Araujo went to Hamburger SV for 5 million pounds, after we got him on a free a year ago

za1lyKU.png

Luciano De la Vega was then sold by the chairman for a financially good deal for the club. I had hoped around 10 million pounds, but I can understand the reasoning behind the sale.

yu32xty.png

That leaves us with a couple of holes in the squad and we're in a hurry to fix them. I have already a player in line for replacing Araujo, but De la Vega will be difficult to replace.

RC0ZivU.png

Four new guys in my preferred starting eleven. We've been strong to start the season. But then again... We were storming out last year.

However I see Malmö FF as my main competitor for the championship. And they've thrown 13 points the first 5 games!

The new striker I found is Dragoslav Ljubomirac. He's been good in the first games, As a DLF many of the goals somehow goes through him. I will need him to bang them in regularly himself as well.

asyXaqo.jpg

Let's get going with the season!

Euro League Group Stage! ... NOT

After comfortably beating armenian, ukranian and norwegian opponents in qualifying to the euro league, we get knocked out by Spartak Moskva.

After beating them 3-1 at home we thought we had a good chance going to Russia.

ru7ncpU.png

Ouch.... I'm pretty sure this kind of result is not getting me closer to my goal :-/

2022 Season Review

DC Noah Sonko Sundberg - AMC Adryan - MC Anton Saletros

Season review:

What a year. We won the league in style. Setting a record for points in the process.

The cup was won fairly easy, and we were good in europe, until we got manhandled in Moscow.

The squad is in decent position for the coming years, though many of the players are looking for transfers. The economy is healthy and we should be able to bring in replacements for many of the players which may leave us.

League changes:

Time to get this thing going. After Succesful spells in three different countries I'm adding the top-8leagues in Europe and Holland. Let's see how far this goes!

Due to game speed I'm only selecting top leagues in some countries

Returning home!

After much thought i have accepted a job in my native country.

Shortly after my new club was taken over by a swedish consortium I knew they were looking my way.

After been linked with Sassuolo, Roma and Genoa. I'm finally back to Italy. This time in the Serie A.

I leave AIk in good health for the future. 16 million pounds in the bank and a lot of young stars waiting to blossom.

Time to move on!

STOP 4 - SAMPDORIA - ITALIAN SERIE A

A new challenge in my native country. Succes here will make me hard to overlook for Juventus.

k5O6jdF.png

THE CLUB

C9Pee5c.jpg

THE SITUATION

i8HRxPr.jpg

With the transfer window shut for the year I will have to cope with the squad in place.

I'm a squad builder, but will have to make this work for the remaining 14 games.

My left winger:

I literally spent hours searching for a new left winger as I though Verdi did not have what it takes. 10 games in to the season I have to say I'm mistaken. Verdi has been on fire!

ZQr2kbW.jpg

We're in good position in the league. So far so good!

QKQfwBk.png

Archived