No Academy Fixtures

Hello everyone,

As many people have already reported my academy players aren't getting any fixtures under there belts. I have also accepted the U23/U18 league invitations from the 17/18 season onwards. I obviously want my academy players to be playing every other week. Have SI actually acted upon this bug or is it an ongoing thing?

This is a bug that they are well aware of (as you say), it has been reported several times in the bugs section (me being one of them). Not fixed, not sure it will be until FM18...

It seems to only affect lower league teams. 

Awesome thanks, I knew it had been well documented but as I said I wasn't aware of a fix of any kind. Also to answer your question Buckley I'm currently Salford playing in the National League, not using any edited database.

The same thing is happening to me at FC United. I believe I started with database 17.3.0 (pre-season version). As the club gets bigger, will the problem solve itself? I'm in League 2 now and supposedly we just upgraded our youth level, but I'm just at the end of the season.

On 27.06.2017 at 20:09, Cuenca Guy said:

The same thing is happening to me at FC United. I believe I started with database 17.3.0 (pre-season version). As the club gets bigger, will the problem solve itself? I'm in League 2 now and supposedly we just upgraded our youth level, but I'm just at the end of the season.

I reached  league 1 alsa playoffs with telford nothıng changed . Start a new game

8 hours ago, Orcndmn14 said:

I reached  league 1 alsa playoffs with telford nothıng changed . Start a new game

Sad that nothing is changing. I don't think I'd like to start a new game though. I'll have to figure out how to fix it. I made a slight mistake on my manager profile anyway, so I was thinking about spending the five or so dollars on a real-time editor anyway. I imagine I can just put my teams into a league, move the lowest team in each league down one and then remove the lowest team in the bottom youth league. Or I could arrange friendlies as if we were in a league. I'm not sure if friendlies versus league games would make any difference for youth team development.

Just a quick update guys, I am currently in conversation with Neil Brock from SI about this issue. He has asked me to send my save files to SI to look in the problem. Although this has happened don't expect there to be a fix as SI are probably far into the development stage for FM18 to be released. I highly doubt they would want to keep realising updates to sort out little bugs with the development of the new game at a probably advanced stage.

5 hours ago, Cuenca Guy said:

Sad that nothing is changing. I don't think I'd like to start a new game though. I'll have to figure out how to fix it. I made a slight mistake on my manager profile anyway, so I was thinking about spending the five or so dollars on a real-time editor anyway. I imagine I can just put my teams into a league, move the lowest team in each league down one and then remove the lowest team in the bottom youth league. Or I could arrange friendlies as if we were in a league. I'm not sure if friendlies versus league games would make any difference for youth team development.

I just checked ıt fc united. You are right. No dıfference with fc united. If I were you ı would go on my career. And also ı dont think this bug gonna be solved. But surely in fm 18 this will be fixed. The only way is changing your team lol 😁 Choose telford. The bucks 👊

9 hours ago, Cuenca Guy said:

Awesome to hear. So it fixes itself at the start of a new season?

My game was basically still running 17.3.0 patch, Steam hadn't updated the 17.3.1 patch automatically for reasons I don't currently know of. As you know 17.3.2 patch was released yesterday, after Steam had updated it seemed to have fixed the problem. I guess Steam updated both the 17.3.1and 17.3.2 together. I don't know yet but either way the problem seems to be gone. It couldn't have been yesterday's update alone as that was primerily intended just for twitter users.

Youth team schedule problem going on. 17.3.2 does not affect it. İts not that big problem tough. İts only lower leagues also. Choose right team to manage who has U23/18 teams to challange in leagues for example afc fylde telford worcester etc. Let Sigames directors free to make FM 18 perfect :)

43 minutes ago, Orcndmn14 said:

Youth team schedule problem going on. 17.3.2 does not affect it. İts not that big problem tough. İts only lower leagues also. Choose right team to manage who has U23/18 teams to challange in leagues for example afc fylde telford worcester etc. Let Sigames directors free to make FM 18 perfect :)

affects Odds Ballklubb too in the Norwegian Premier Division :( so its not just lower div teams.

This has apparently been under review since mid June at least, maybe before (see thread linked).

I have set up multiple games based on the 17.3.0 update and if I was to list all the clubs that NEVER launch with youth fixtures, youth staff etc, I'd be here all day and my post would be TL:DR. Happens in most nations and at all levels.

Yes FM 2018 is coming soon but to be honest since their main update broke this, we shouldn't have to wait 3-4 months and have to pay again to fix something that was NOT HAPPENING with the retail version of this game.

Sort it out please SI!

1 hour ago, Mallo said:

This has apparently been under review since mid June at least, maybe before (see thread linked).

I have set up multiple games based on the 17.3.0 update and if I was to list all the clubs that NEVER launch with youth fixtures, youth staff etc, I'd be here all day and my post would be TL:DR. Happens in most nations and at all levels.

Yes FM 2018 is coming soon but to be honest since their main update broke this, we shouldn't have to wait 3-4 months and have to pay again to fix something that was NOT HAPPENING with the retail version of this game.

Sort it out please SI!

İts not that big problem mate. Surely that one was the last patch. İf you start game with old database or if you change ur team that you manage ( choose U18&U23 teams no problem with that issue) it will be okay for u

13 minutes ago, Orcndmn14 said:

İts not that big problem mate. Surely that one was the last patch. İf you start game with old database or if you change ur team that you manage ( choose U18&U23 teams no problem with that issue) it will be okay for u

Its a huge problem trying to develop youngsters. It persists throughout the game. I've holidayed 10 years to the join youth leagues date every season and there is nothing you can do.

It effects dozens of teams in all leagues. Teams that many people will want to play. Off the top of my head Portsmouth and Ebbsfleet (last 2 games I wanted to play).

Also using old databases is all fine and dandy yeah, but why should we have to? New databases update transfers and lots of ratings etc. My main save has been on the old database mainly because of this youth issue. Doesn't mean they shouldn't fix it.

2 hours ago, Mallo said:

Its a huge problem trying to develop youngsters. It persists throughout the game. I've holidayed 10 years to the join youth leagues date every season and there is nothing you can do.

It effects dozens of teams in all leagues. Teams that many people will want to play. Off the top of my head Portsmouth and Ebbsfleet (last 2 games I wanted to play).

Also using old databases is all fine and dandy yeah, but why should we have to? New databases update transfers and lots of ratings etc. My main save has been on the old database mainly because of this youth issue. Doesn't mean they shouldn't fix it.

It shouldn't be a problem at all as match performance has no influence on CA development for under 18s & iirc U23 match performances carry little or no additional weighting over friendlies plus any promising players should probably already be getting first team experience either at your club or out on loan.

It's still a silly bug but not one that will cause long term save issues.

1 minute ago, Barside said:

It shouldn't be a problem at all as match performance has no influence on CA development for under 18s & iirc U23 match performances carry little or no additional weighting over friendlies plus any promising players should probably already be getting first team experience either at your club or out on loan.

Yeah because its so much fun setting up 30+ friendlies every season for each of U18 and U23 sides because SI broke something that was already working fine...

Edit - And no you cant just get your youth coaches to auto arrange because you cant hire any AT ALL. Just another lovely part of the bug...

It's a bug that imo should have been fixed because it reflects badly on SI but thankfully it's not one that negatively impacts the development of youngsters because as I've said youth matches do not influence CA development, at that age it's all about training & in fact not playing matches could be a benefit as it removes fatigue & locks out a major cause of injuries.

I think different. ı mean playing with old database gives game more reality. As you know these teams start season with the squad that in the old database. Playing with that is better for me honestly. On this way if you can choose another team to manage ( whıch is invited to play undet leagues) problem is being solved. But it doest not mean that this is not a bug :) but 3 or 4 months left for Fm 18 it will be great 

You can think what you want. They've broken something that was previously fine with an update that I want to play. I don't see why I should have to wait another 3-4 months for a new game and to pay again for this to be fixed. 

10 hours ago, Mallo said:

You can think what you want. They've broken something that was previously fine with an update that I want to play. I don't see why I should have to wait another 3-4 months for a new game and to pay again for this to be fixed. 

Did you write to Neil? I wrote for this if this will be fixed or not. I am gonma start new carrer. But still no answer from Neil Brock

2 hours ago, Orcndmn14 said:

Did you write to Neil? I wrote for this if this will be fixed or not. I am gonma start new carrer. But still no answer from Neil Brock

Tried to get his attention via steam but not had a response. No idea how to actually contact him tbh.

Archived