Sports Interactive Community

Hello

I just had a windows update, and since then i can't load my current save anymore. I've tried a few things i read here (trying to restore a previous version - didnt find one, trying to go on beta mode on steam - didnt work).

I've been told that SI has a tool to restore save and that we can send them, is is true ?

It's a nearly 20 year save, all of them in Lifeban with tranmere, and i haven't reached Premier League yet, i'd be really sad if it is definitly lost.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Uvijtsa

When you save how do you do so? Via auto save or manually? When you exit the game, do you 'Save and Exit', or do you normally save then exit separately? Do you ever shut your system down with the game still open, or go into hibernation or sleep mode?

When you do shut your system down, do you click Start -> Power -> Shut Down, or do you just hold down the power button?

I use both way of saving, i save manually when i exit the game, using save and exit.

My computer crash a few times (2/3) with the game open during the year but it had no impact. I never stop the computer with the game open. I shut my system using the shut down option.

One last information that could be usefull, yesterday i played for a bit and everything went fine. I closed FM as i usually do, and then restarted my comptuer, and a Windows update went on. When i restarted steam, it has dowloaded an "update" for Football Manager. It was a 3GB update, but i'm still in 17.3.1. I don't know what it was for. As far as i know, it didn't change anything apart from erasing my regen hairpack and corrupting this specific save. I have 2 others save that works perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you may have a corrupt save file. 

All I can recommend is that you try the steps on the link below.