[FM17] EU Must Be Joking

j_morrissey1990

Hi all.

You join me in my 5th season.

I've planned this save to be a combination of both a journeyman type and also spending a decent amount of time building teams up.

By the end of the save I'd like to have got at least some form of silverware in all of the countries loaded.

A brief summary below of what's happened in my first game in FM 2017 which has lasted more than 2 seasons:

• I started with Celtic
  • I'm in my 5th Season
  • I'm on my second club.
  • I started with a Semi pro reputation.
  • I only have 1 database edit in that "Brexit_does_not_happen.fmf" which can found on FM Scout or wherever. 
  • I haven't played FM 2016.
  • I played FM 2015 very briefly.
  • I tend to stick to one formation with slight tweaks depending on the opponent/importance of the match.
  • I intend this save to be simply to get as much fun as possible out of one club before moving on whether it be limited by trophies, promotion, finances etc. 
    • I left celtic as I felt I could not attract any quality players other than regens reccommeded by the scouts.
      • After half of a season with Sevilla I already have an itch for a lower league game.
  • Also forgot to mention the leagues loaded:
    • England
      • Premiership and Championship 
    • France
      • Ligue 1 and 2
    • Germany
      • Bundesliga 1 and 2
    • Holland
      • Eredivise and Juniper League
    • Italy
      • Serie A and Serie B
    • Portugal 
      • Primeria and Liga II
    • Scotland
      • SPFL 
    • Spain
      • La Liga and La Liga 123

See below for a summary of the seasons gone past past and the trophies won.

KWXNR9w.jpg

Now for where I am now:

Sevilla finished 12th last season.

My aim for to push for the top 4 with finances set at a Europa League place for ~6th.

We look to be  ahead of schedule, even suprising myself with various results.

i've found alot of my prosepcts at Celtic ending up all over the top teams including Barca.

Hopefully we can keep up the form and get close to a top place finish.

h7rYomS.jpg

jesglWD.jpg

nEptvPp.jpg

HveLQX3.jpg

So my 5th season has came to an end and we ended up winning the La Liga title, with a few nervous games towards the end.

uL6Ry9s.jpg

zyTWW2d.jpg

However along the way we received a proper lesson off Real Madrid away - probably my worst defeat of this save so far:

ATm8aPF.jpg

We also won the Copa Del Rey in a nailbiting final.

GjBA0iF.jpg

Onto the 6th season and we have had a good turnover of players, really trying to trim down an oversized squad

VgwGhJW.jpg

Enes Unal put in a brilliant performance on his home debut to win us the Supercopa de España.

7ukOtRq.jpg

I'm in two minds whether to seek further glory with Sevilla or try something new in another division.

At the moment I have an itch for some lower league action, trying to build someone up from the bottom.

There isn't any jobs avaliable at the moment so we will see what comes up as we progress through the season.

So a crazy season has just unfolded with the end of season ending with myself being employed in a total of 4 (yes 4) jobs!

ze93vqn.png

I resigned as Sevilla manager in the hope of getting the vacant Marseille job - I was rejected!

Nothing really took my fancy before being approached by Italy - which I took.

I then took a gamble on SV Sandhausen who were stranded in the Relegation zone of 2. Bundesliga, but they demanded I resigned from the Italy job (ok I guess!?)

yf94jE4.jpg

I managed to form some form of comeback but was fighting a losing battle.

yUSvcPU.jpg

2 games from the end of the season I was offered the Werder Bremen job - they had no mathematical way of being promoted and have a ridiculously healthy bank balance.

So season 7, we plan to take the 2. Bundesliga by storm and with budgets like this how can it go wrong?

SSMPGpc.jpg

Edit - I just checked Werder's transfers last season. They spent 33.5 million in the 2.Bundesliga and still weren't promoted WTF?!

dmT3aF1.jpg

Needless to say the squad I have inherited is more than good enough for this level.

4 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

That last year was sheer madness!

It was truly, I didn't even get to play a game with Italy though I'm not too keen on National team managment at the moment.

The Werder job offer came out of the blue as well, I've never seen a sacking/job offer at that stage of the season before! 

End of Season 7 - Werder Bremen - 2. Bundesliga

League Table (1st)

pUn5W3c.jpg

Results 

jSQSgy7.jpg

DFB - Pokal (3rd Round)

qJFkXSh.jpg

Player of the Season and 2. Bundesliga Top Scorer

qEaGv36.jpg

Summary

The first half of the season was much better than the second, but we still come away with the league title.

I couldn't steady our drop in form and we were very inconsitent. I've probably changed my opinion on this teams ability to make a good show in the Bundesliga.

Widespread changes need to be made as certain players have shown thye will not be good enough for the Bundesliga.

I probably too have underestimated the ability of other teams in the 2.Bundesliga.

The DFB-Pokal vs Hoffenheim was a great game and in hindsight I probably should have played more conservative away to a team a division above us.

Looking Forward

Hoping for a mid table finish next season but we will see how much funding is generated from a squad clear out.

Halfway Season 8 - Werder Bremen - Bundesliga

League Table (7th)

Okay so halfway through the season I'm slightly above my expectations.

Rl6s3v9.jpg

The top of the table is fairly close but Bayern are a cut above the rest.

This didn't stop us getting a brilliant victory over them however!

ETeaUJ7.jpg

I've had a few job offers but I'm determined to get Werder to the Champions League first!

MHuXWvS.jpg

r0NmefP.jpg

We have made a brilliant coup at this stage due to a relegated Wolves offering players on the cheap.

reKYlUV.jpg

DFB Pokal

6htRw7b.jpg

The board predicted a 3rd round exit.

Having Bayern exiting the cup in the 2nd round only increases our chances of silverware here!

End Season 8 - Werder Bremen - Bundesliga

League Table (6th)

We would have not made the Europa league if it were not for a fantastic last 3 games. 

At points during the season we were woeful, but to be honest some of the regens playing at mid/lower table clubs are better than anything we have.

J7i6s0l.jpg

f0QzBPP.jpg

That's alot of doe.

DFB Pokal

We were lucky to avoid Bayern and Dortmund along the way and this was a fantastic bonus to end the season.

jEWUHmG.jpg

D98fCRg.jpg

Player of the Season and Top Scorer.

sUASNcS.jpg

19 goals and 12 assists from attacking midfield, outscored my often misfiring strikers.

Iheanacho maybe would have been POTY if he had signed in the summer previous and not over the winter break.

Summary

FhEo7aV.jpg

I'm delighted with the cup win and final league place, though we seem to have a problem against lower league teams.

We have a transfer budget of £21 million for next season which will be a big help. 

Hoping to qualify for the Champions League next season.

Archived