BREXIT - How to search for a players who dont need work permits ?

What player search fields are required to find players who don't need work permits to play in the UK ?

I cant find anything that says "Work Permit Required - Yes / No" or "Would get Work Permit - Yes / No". Antonio Valencia as an example does not need a work permit.

Obviously players with UK nationality are fine but how do I know what other players are fine and have work permits already ?

Also, is there a way of searching to know what players who don't currently have work permits would get them without scouting every single player again ?

No player "has" a work permit already.

Every foreign player who doesn't have UK nationality will need to apply for a work permit.

Whether they are granted one depends on a number of factors at that time - Where their national team is ranked, how many International matches they have played in the last two years, how much you paid for them, how much you are paying them in wages etc etc.

Oh right, I thought if I signed a foreign player from another club in the UK they would automatically come with a work permit.

I am guessing signing a player on a free does not help their case in getting a work permit if one of the factors is how much you paid for them ?

Is there a any way to create a search on what players would get work permits without agreeing contracts to find out then ? Maybe based on how many International matches they have played in the last two years ?

Also, what about players who have been in the UK a long time and have a 2nd Nationality as English (Wanyama as an example), would they automatically qualify for a work permit ?

4 minutes ago, GafferSimon said:

Oh right, I thought if I signed a foreign player from another club in the UK they would automatically come with a work permit.

No, a player needs a new WP every time they transfer or even every time they sign a new contract.

I am guessing signing a player on a free does not help their case in getting a work permit if one of the factors is how much you paid for them ?

Depends, initial qualification is on appearances & ranking for the national team.  If they fail on that then its a points system and one of the ways they can gain some points is through the transfer fee so in that respect a free signing would find it more difficult.

Is there a any way to create a search on what players would get work permits without agreeing contracts to find out then ? Maybe based on how many International matches they have played in the last two years ?

Not really, you could filter by International apps but there is no guarantee they are within the last two years.

TBH thats what your scouts are for.

Also, what about players who have been in the UK a long time and have a 2nd Nationality as English (Wanyama as an example), would they automatically qualify for a work permit ?

Yes if they have a UK 2nd nationality they don't need a WP.

25 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Not really, you could filter by International apps but there is no guarantee they are within the last two years.

TBH thats what your scouts are for.

Maybe my scouts are rubbish. I got told for a Portuguese U21 player with 12 U21 caps that he would get a work permit on appeal and he didn't.

27 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Yes if they have a UK 2nd nationality they don't need a WP.

Annoyingly UK isn't an option when it comes to 2nd Nationality so have to have add all UK counties (not the end of the world).

Thanks

Archived