Uh, is this normal? England national team playing against a Brazilian Serie B team, 5 days before their World Cup group match

I'm currently playing on an older FM (2014 to be precise) and this popped up while I was going through the summer transfer window. England have a World Cup match in 5 days and they're playing against... a Brazilian Serie B team?

The World Cup being in Brazil might have something to do with it, although I've heard of a National vs Club match before.

EbbbdaU.png

I dont think that there is anything unusual in this- it is the same as a pre-season friendly against a much weaker team just to keep the teams match fitness up

P.S Could you please keep the thread titles of new threads short to stop them bleeding over into 2 lines- thanks

It's not uncommon for national teams to play warm-up games against much smaller sides just before international tournaments.

Just thinking back to the England team, before the 2014 World Cup they played Peru, Ecuador and Honduras in the two weeks leading up to the cup. 

If we go a bit further back we can even find the England team playing an awful club side. A few days before the start of the 1988 European Championships the England team played against non-league Aylesbury United.

Archived