Balance and small fixes for FM18

Delvi

I think that FM 2017 is a great game, the best game I've ever played (I started with Player Manager from Anco in 1989...).

For FM 2018 I think you don't need to re-invent the wheel, there are just few things that need some adjustment:

- rating of players: the central defenders are almost always getting the best rates, sometimes this happens with right and left back (but much less than in FM16), however in the end of the season the best average rate is always belonging to a defender, never to a midfielder or a a forward; furthermore is almost impossible for a goalkeeper to end season with a high average rate, this in my opinion needs to be looked into carefully, also because is strictly connected to the second point;

- the fans favourite player at the end of the season in my team was always and central defender, even when I had a striker winning golden ball and an offensive midfielder who was best player in team and was the best assist-man in the season: this is something important, not just a cosmetic feature, since I noticed that when a player is elected by fans as best player of the year, he immediately becomes "favourite staff" for the team and the teams become one of his favourite teams, thus it has some impact, especially if you need to renew a contract;

- AI for managers and players transfers is much better that in FM16 but there still huge room for improvements, especially for the Ai picking up managers;

- it is difficult to sign coaches and physios for youth teams, there should be required skills for data analysts and sport scientists, there is a lot of micro-management involved in hiring all the staff for firtst team and youths, it should be rewarding.

• 5 months later...

Archived