Sports Interactive Community

whenever i open fm17 (i have tried this in steam, on desktop and as administrator) the screen freezes and the mouse icon shows its loading. if i press the windows key i can select other icons on the task bar but once i do its frozen again and the only way to stop this is to restart the PC. the fm17 manager icon is on the task bar but i know its not simply loading as i have left it for hours only to return to the same screen. i have looked at other threads but nothing has worked so far. Also, my other games are working fine when i have opened them

To confirm you tried everything recommended in the link Fraz posted above? 

Have you ever been able to run the game successfully at any point since purchasing it? 

yes i tried everything on the list and it still doesnt work. ive had the game for quite a time and it has always previously fine.

Are you running W10?  Do you have MSI Afterburner or any other overclocking application installed?

i am running windows 10 not sure about MSI afterburner how could i check?

What anti-virus software are you running? This has the potential to interfere with the game. To make sure it's not. check the information on the link below.

Ok. Could you please follow the steps on the following link. I know you've already done your cache/preferences but feel free to do that again to make sure. Mainly looking to hear about the results from Speedfan and FurMark.

auxin 1 and 2 were about 95celsius and were the hottest by like 50celsius but on furmark gpu got to about 75celsius after 15 minutes

Yeah 95 sounds like it's overheating. Have you tried clearing out the fans/vents of the system? Sometimes doing so can drop the temperature the system runs at a fair bit. 

Let us know how you get on. 

i cleared out the fan and it is fine temperature wise however it still will not load

Did you do a Windows 10 update prior to your game freezing?

Were you previously running with any custom graphics? If so, please remove all of them and see if the issue still occurs.