Please add Versus Mode back in to the full game

John_Yuki

Hello. I am a moderator on the /r/footballmanagergames subreddit. I've decided to host a tournament for the entire subreddit, and it seems really popular so far. The only problem is that the only way we can have a head-to-head knockout tournament is setting the game up in one or two ways:

• Getting every single player online at the same time so that we can set up a custom database using all of the teams that were picked. Getting 32 people online at the same time is highly improbable.
  • Start a new online game, pick the necessary leagues in order to pick the teams that are needed, cancel all pre-existing friendly matches, and then create a new friendly with your opponent. Doing this isn't guaranteed either, as sometimes players will get training injuries before the game, and sometimes the boards for one of the teams might just flat out reject the request for a friendly. 

In FM15 I was part of many tournaments on a Football Manager facebook group, and we did tournaments and leagues all the time using Versus Mode. It made things a LOT easier. We were able to really easily set up head to head games with each other, and then the scores would be recorded by the admins on the spreadsheet so that everyone can see. 

I know that Versus Mode is in the touch version, but I just do not understand why it was removed from the full version. I read somewhere that it was because hardly anyone used it, but I think this is a real shame for the people like myself that used it extensively to set up head-to-head games with friends. I also am aware that Versus Mode is available when doing Fantasy Draft, however it is not possible to select default teams and players like before. I really hope that this will get re-added to Football Manager with FM18, as it will make hosting tournaments much easier.

• 1 year later...

Archived