Removing profile pictures?

OCD

I'm a little bit ocd (hence the username) and I'm curious whether there is a way to disable/remove ALL player pictures/silhouettes from the game? Perhaps a tweak in one of the panel files that I extract using the resource archiver.

I believe it used to actually be an option to disable player pictures in older versions of FM (pre 14 I believe).

Ultimately I want consistency, and I've tried a few facepacks but a lot of them have quite a large number of missing pictures, especially staff etc, and I'd rather have no pictures at all as opposed to a mixture of pictures and blank silhouettes.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the response, I did do a search on here (as well as generic google search).

The most recent thread on here was this one 

However the aim was to remove the licensed faces included within the game, so that just the dark silhouettes were displayed. I actually want to remove the silhouettes too.

I'll read through older threads to see if I can find anything helpful though

Thanks again for the assistance, going to give it a try now.

I did wonder if it was just a case of deleting the default silhouette graphic (once doing the steps described by Michael), and was obviously going to try, but thanks for confirming.

Just to post an update, simply deleting the none.png in the default folders worked, so thank you.

No pictures are now displaying.

The only negative was it was very tedious having to go into each teams folder and delete all the files, a shame there wasn't a quicker way of doing it. Obviously I used Ctrl+A and then manually unticking the config files but I wasn't sure if there was an even quicker way of doing it.

Anyway all done, thanks again.

edit: For anyone reading this in the future I've actually found an easier way to remove the player pictures in the game:

Use the resource archiver to extract the graphics.fmf file.

Once extracted go to graphics/pictures/players/normal and delete every folder except default folder.

Then use resource archiver to create an archive, and select the grapics folder you extracted (and made the deletions above to).

Then you simply replace your new graphics.fmf file with the one found in your steamapps/common/football manager/data reload the game and all pictures are removed.

The advantage of doing it the way I've described is it's much quicker than going into each teams folder and deleting the pictures.

On 16/06/2017 at 16:57, D_LO_ said:

Exactly the same principle as described just re-apply. Delete the graphic and leave the config. (the thread even lists the graphic's directory in post 1)

This is currently working for me.

If for any reason that doesn't work though simply replace the none.png with a completely transparent graphic.

(you will need to extract the base files if your skin doesn't have what's necessary present, customised skins will be hit or miss in this respect as not many will edit/customise these graphics) 

Untitled.png

Please could you share this skin with me, so i can use it as i also dont want any faces showing in the game, and you skin has no faces showing

Archived