Sports Interactive Community

Just wondering whats every ones bad habbit is in football manager i always save a game before a match.

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

Just wondering whats every ones bad habbit is in football manager i always save a game before a match.

I do this to. And when I finish for the day, I make a new file, It's ever since I lost my favourite save to a corrupted file and didn't have a backup

I just started managing in Germany, so I'm putting my hand down my trousers a lot.

leow.jpg

Punching my laptop when I lose.

4 hours ago, herne79 said:

I just started managing in Germany, so I'm putting my hand down my trousers a lot.

leow.jpg

I thought that was every time you sat down in front of the laptop 

I tend to play youth players for cup games. The problem is when it's time for a big game and I replace the squad with the first team, I sometimes forget to change my keeper. Happens more times than I would like

I always clear the entire team (+subs) before selecting my team before a game, even if I'll go on to choose the same team to the last match!

I forget to look at team instructions. I might have played bottom of the league at home and tried to play expansive and wide, and the next game I forget and do this away to the leaders!

On 6/16/2017 at 08:27, Hairy said:

Why do you do that?

On 2017-6-16 at 08:27, Hairy said:

I do that as well, it is a hangover from an old version where there was occasional crashes during matches which could lead to loss of progress. I usually save directly after a game as well, mind, for similar reasons. I have not had a crash in years, so I could stop this.

My worst habit is getting angry at players when they backchat me in a private meeting. Especially after they say "I thought I played well" when they played like, well, I would have. This usually leads to reserve football and being sold, even if they were part of my plans.

Shouting at my midfield players when they don't tackle or fail to see a thou ball that could lead to a goal

Too many to list.........but here are a few:

1. Save after each game.  Since I lost a save on FM15 or 16.

2. Swear Profanely at my players for playing badly

3. Swear Profanely and Direct Threats of Bodily Harm at AI Referees

4.Forgetting to rotate squad when I have 3-4 matches in a week!  Especially in Lower Leagues of England..........even though it happens in Premier League too!

5. Trying to force tactical systems and roles on unsuitable players......

On 2017-6-17 at 08:45, Vilmar said:

Why do you do that?

If you lose you can reload the game and replay it until you win lol.

Some people who show their unbeaten league wins tend to reload the game to skew their results.

edit: Sorry I realise not everyone who saves their game before a match does it so they can "cheat", it was just my initial reaction.

Edited by OCD

1 hour ago, OCD said:

Some people who show their unbeaten league wins tend to reload the game to skew their results.

edit: Sorry I realise not everyone who saves their game before a match does it so they can "cheat", it was just my initial reaction.

when talking about these amazing runs people post, most of the time your right mate its people reloading and cheating. When I see someone showing off their amazing run I challenge them to a network game. Most bottle it and don't have one, however all the ones that have taken me up on the offer can never get anywhere near a 5 game unbeaten run,never mind a whole season in the prem with Norwich without conceding a single goal (I remember you Dave!!!)..........lol

11 hours ago, OCD said:

9 hours ago, chestermike said:

when talking about these amazing runs people post, most of the time your right mate its people reloading and cheating. When I see someone showing off their amazing run I challenge them to a network game. Most bottle it and don't have one, however all the ones that have taken me up on the offer can never get anywhere near a 5 game unbeaten run,never mind a whole season in the prem with Norwich without conceding a single goal (I remember you Dave!!!)..........lol

I started doing it after my favourite save became corrupted and I lost it without any back ups. Kinda became a habit! Going a whole season without conceding is ridiculous at any level of football. I've had 1 unbeaten season in the Swiss 5th tier and that was it.

On 16.6.2017 at 18:23, tfell said:

I always clear the entire team (+subs) before selecting my team before a game, even if I'll go on to choose the same team to the last match!

I had that when I was younger. Somehow got rid of it luckily. Made really no sense when I knew I would pick the same team again. :D

Thinking of some constant habits (good and bad) :)

• When going to the player screen in my squad (which shows Attributes as default :herman:), I click the "show recent attribute changes" on and then back off. It would be easier to just keep it on but somehow the interface seems messy with it on all the time. :idiot:
  • I tend to save before every match and rotate between two saves savegamename_a and savegamename_b. Sometimes I get too complacent and don't bother to save so often... like today as there was a short power cut and I had to replay three matches. :seagull: Two different savegame files are against file corruption/powercut while saving.
  • When negotiating contracts I aim to minimise all bonuses and fees to keep things simple and offer a better basic salary instead. It was easier in the older FM versions (almost a cheat) and nowadays with so many extra fees everywhere I'm not doing very well with this tactic. :D
  • Added from Powermonger. "Spend way too long looking for and analysing players and staff to sign at the start of game and between seasons (I am talking days worth of play)" BUT that's the best part of the game, always looking for that next young winger etc.
  • Before continuing to an important match (cup, playoff etc.) I tend to be so nervous that I go for a little walk or jog. I know it's just a game... WAIT! Football Manager is just a game... :onmehead:
Edited by Proffa

I tend to be critical of people who can't spell 'habit' ;)

On 2017-6-19 at 08:49, mark1985 said:

I started doing it after my favourite save became corrupted and I lost it without any back ups. Kinda became a habit! Going a whole season without conceding is ridiculous at any level of football. I've had 1 unbeaten season in the Swiss 5th tier and that was it.

I keep three rolling saves for exactly that reason.

Losing a save file is particularly annoying. But, I like to keep saves at critical points in the season; say pre-season, or mid-season, just in case I ever want to test something or if I changed my mind about how I want to approach a new season. But that's pretty rare thesedays, I normally tend to soldier on.

1 hour ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

I keep three rolling saves for exactly that reason.

Losing a save file is particularly annoying. But, I like to keep saves at critical points in the season; say pre-season, or mid-season, just in case I ever want to test something or if I changed my mind about how I want to approach a new season. But that's pretty rare thesedays, I normally tend to soldier on.

My laptop is getting on a bit as well and occasionally loses power in a few minutes or just doesn't charge itself when plugged in (which I recently discovered 5 minutes from the end of an episode of Game of Thrones, hence the slightly OTT saving...

On 2017-6-16 at 15:11, kidthekid said:

I tend to play youth players for cup games. The problem is when it's time for a big game and I replace the squad with the first team, I sometimes forget to change my keeper. Happens more times than I would like

I do this one a lot, also I sometimes holiday during international break to speed things up but I end up missing some crucial news 

Buy 5 new strikers every year that are never going to play... instead of defenders that i actually need. 

On 16/6/2017 at 18:23, tfell said:

Funny, I do the exact opposite!
After every match, I immediately pick the team+subs for the next match, because in my head I am like "match preparation without a starting XI? Would that work?"
Hahaha :D

(OCD)

Not so much anymore, but I used to never be able to sell players.. I'd immediately think of some weird convoluted situation where I need that player in the future (no matter how unused or awful the player was), so I would reject all offers from everyone until the player would eventually leave on a free..

Bidding for a player, agreeing a contract and then cancelling the transfer at the last minute because I notice something in the scout report that gives me cold feet.

Edited by mbabbs

6 hours ago, smallman14491 said:

Buy 5 new strikers every year that are never going to play... instead of defenders that i actually need. 

Wenger?

im the opposite, rotate on minimum forwards, as usually only have 1 up front. and have dozens of defenders that i try to justify by retraining, only to find i then have same problem in midfield :)

1 hour ago, lemeuresnew said:

Wenger?

im the opposite, rotate on minimum forwards, as usually only have 1 up front. and have dozens of defenders that i try to justify by retraining, only to find i then have same problem in midfield :)

I currently have 7 forwards.... I'm playing 4-2-3-1. I keep buying them and either loaning them out or retraining them as wingers, i'm not paying pennys either its like tens of millions :'( Its like drugs!

I usually end up having way too many player in my squad.

As soon i see a good player i buy him then find someone even better and sign him as well, and the first one ends up not playing at all. Probably i'm going to hell because i made those poor souls rot in the reserves for a whole year.

I should also stop believing that i can go with a high press against top teams, and cause an upset. But hey, at least won't be considered cowards.

Sometimes I set my tactic to Overload if I'm playing a weak team and want to destroy them. I sometimes forget to take it off that setting and get thumped by the next team I play

For me it is the following:

• Save the game before every match and after every game with rolling 10 file save
  • Create independent saves at the start of a new season and after the last match of a season
  • Clear my team selection after every game
  • Bring in too many young players on loan to strengthen some positions, only to not use them and they getting disgruntled and want to leave
  • Spend way too long looking for and analysing players and staff to sign at the start of game and between seasons (I am talking days worth of play)

Sign loads of young players on free contracts with plenty of potential. I've well over 100 players in my reserves...