Sports Interactive Community
mortiis7

the steam servers are too busy to handle your request for football manager 2016

that message appears every time when i'm trying to play the game...

first it says ..completing installation and then

RwCAhg7bTYSJ8wIoSh4nnQ.png

and then this....

rYImlWQITKudLMFlTRXkDQ.png

the problem is that the game works fine when im online..but when im offline it doesnt work...and i play football manager only on business trip where i dont have internet...(to kill the time on my flight or train)

also i think that it first time occured after small steam update...

any help guys,please?  (i was googling so i already tried to deactivate antivirus,also did verify integrity cache....)

but what is strange is that even when im online,when i click on start game...every time it says ''completing installlation...and after one secone..preparing to launch....hmmm...before it wasnt like that)

Edited by mortiis7

my game is working online...only since yesterday evening it doesnt work offline anymore...(btw fm editor is working offline normaly ...only fm is not..)

tried to put firewall off...still the same problem,disabled antivirus...still the same..

what a joke.I Change the "datum" (german) on my Pc before 15.06.2017 and now it's Working normal.

damn it..for me also works...wtf!?

i am also from german speaking area...i've set it to 14.6. and it works

@neil brock why is it like that?

but when i set it to 14.6.2017. then my browsers don't work,can't open web pages....so i have to put it on 14.6. start the game and immidiately switch back to 16.6.2017.

that is really really strange....

Yes, I had exact same problem since last nite.After a computer crash midgame (perhaps comp overheated) could not play it in offline mode anymore when i restarted computer, Managed to launch it online mode however, if i disabled antivirus, but got steam error code 3 if i tried playing it offline.

Just using now ZizU00' advic now worked. Thanks.

I've just changed the date on my comp to jun 14th and it launched in offline mode succesfully. Out of curiousity how did you figure that one out and what does it mean?

I've been having this issue for almost 3 days now. The game only starts when Steam is online mode. This is quite a problem for me.

I've restarted the computer several times. Steam is up-to-date. Everything is in order. In fact, I've never encountered this problem until now. I've been playing FM 16 since last summer in offline mode and haven't had this problem before, not even once. Why is it happening all of a sudden now? I haven't made any changes (software or hardware wise) to the computer (or home network) at all. 

Can someone from SI please comment on this? Does it affect all offline-mode players? 

It's unfortunate that after working all week and dealing with life's problems, you come home to enjoy some solid leisure time for a couple of hours and you are stuck with this sort of issue. 

I long for the days of having a disc/non-Steam versions. 

Any help please? I do not have the luxury of re-installing the game and re-updating as I'm playing on a PC with no internet access (personal reasons). It would be a hell of a task to redo all that again.

@Arkim, as noted above Zizu00's idea worked for us , so perhaps try to set the date  (clock) on your computer to June 14th or earlier and then start FM in an offline mode.

I should add that, once I reset the date to the current day, I couldn't launch it in a offline mode again, so I had to reset to 14th once more to get it to work.

Temporary workaround till a solution is known, assuming we all have the same thing causing this.

Edited by The Threadstarter

I have changed my computer's date to before the 14th and can confirm this allows me to run the game in offline mode. Thanks for the tip. 

However, this is obviously not a longterm solution.

Can anyone suggest why this problem is occuring? Is it a Steam issue or an FM issue? 

Either way, I hope it gets fixed soon.

i don't know why is this happening and i'm still waiting for an answer...

however,game work when i set my date on 14.6...but everytime i turned it back on 16.6. i can't start it...so every time i wanna play i have to set it on 14.6....really really strange...

8 hours ago, Arkim said:

Is it a Steam issue or an FM issue?

It's a Steam issue because I've had the same problem trying to launch Civ V. And changing the date has solved it.

I'm playing in offline mode on a computer that hasn't been connected to the internet for months, so it cannot be due to any recent updates to Steam. Which doesn't make the issue any less confusing.

I can't get the game to boot up at all, offline or online mode.

I have tested my other games on Steam. I also cannot get Civ V to boot up but Euro Truck Simulator 2, Motorsport Manager and Retro Football Boss all boot up first time no problems.

I haven't tried the date change idea but I am very reluctant to do that because I don't want to have to change the date on my computer every time I want to play FM16.

The date change on the computer has worked but I'm not doing that every time. For some reason the date changing to 15th June 2017 has triggered something in Steam to stop the game from booting up.

Edited by Nobby_McDonald

I have the same problem as you guys.  I see that Nobby has posted in a thread in the Steam discussions but I cannot find any way to specifically report the issue to Steam Support.

It isn't just FM16 that is the problem that is having the issue. I'm also having problems with this sort of thing with FM15 being the same problem.

Somebody called Suchy Okrutny has reported the issue to Steam according to the Steam Discussions.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/378120/discussions/0/2119355556484378152/

^That's the discussion he's referring to. This is quite a big problem from what I've been reading and I am amazed that Steam, being the biggest player in their line of work, hasn't fixed this. 

The same user has responded with Steam support's reply however the reply isn't very assuring. Might be a while before it gets fixed? Hope not. :(

Edit: For what it's worth, I am hoping this isn't a DRM related matter. If they make it so that you must be in online mode to play certain games....I hope I am completely off with that remark but in this crazy world? :S

Edited by Arkim
typos as usual

Happening to me too. The last the internet was even on on my laptop was to download FM16 many moons ago. Does this changing the date work? Don't want to faff around with that every time...

On 18 June 2017 at 07:53, BobBev said:

I have the same problem as you guys.  I see that Nobby has posted in a thread in the Steam discussions but I cannot find any way to specifically report the issue to Steam Support.

Me and a friend reported something from FM11 to them a few years back. Still waiting for that reply...

it amazes me that nobody here or on steam isn't helping us...

thank god that only game i play on PC is Football Manager...everything else i play on ps4,there are no such things like this...

I am getting this with all civ games including the new ones and I only have Football Manager 2011 to 2014 and they are okay. A solution would be nice. I can't keep changing the date all the time. I tried Google but this issue doesn't come up in Google. I wonder if it's related to the Take-two problem. Or 2k.

Reading up on it it is not just 2k games. Skyrim and total war games are giving the same issue.

Edited by CesUtd
added new info

1 hour ago, mortiis7 said:

it amazes me that nobody here or on steam isn't helping us...

thank god that only game i play on PC is Football Manager...everything else i play on ps4,there are no such things like this...

The fact that the game is so addictive is why I tolerate steam. When I moved abroad for a while, steam refused to connect to any internet service apart from 2. 1 was work, 1 was the pub. I either had the choice of trying to get steam working whilst as work or down the pub just so I could play at home. I hate steam...

SI have confirmed in the thread below that it is a steam issue- there is also a workaround that a user has found in this thread:

28 minutes ago, FrazT said:

SI have confirmed in the thread below that it is a steam issue- there is also a workaround that a user has found in this thread:

Thanks for that. Does this require my computer to be online though, as my laptop is old and buggy and whilst it generally runs fine offline, it's awful and barely works when online? Really should get a new one but saving up for a wedding and moving abroad means it's kinda low down the list at the mo...

This has literally just started happening to me today (wednesday 21/6/17). Don't understand why this has suddenly started happening and appears to be happening at random intervals to everyone else?

Ive always had steam but im just old school.

I tried the suggested get around linked in the other post but that still doesnt work in offline mode.

Any other suggestions what to do. Really don't want fm16 to just be disregarded because there is a newer game out there. Even if it isn't SI fault. A little bit of help and customer service would be hugely appreciated.

:(

edit: Also its only fm16 effected. My other steam games like motorsport manager etc all work fine.

Edit: changing the date of your laptop to june 14th works oddly. Bit of a ball breaker to keep doing this just to play because steam is more insane than my ex.

Edited by Mattias333

The answer from Steam: "Along with reports submitted directly to Support, The Steam team uses a number of community sources to help investigate the frequency and severity of issues like this. These issues are continually being addressed through Steam Updates. Support does not provide any information on upcoming or planned fixes.

I would encourage you to search for the issue and post about it in one of the more active Steam community hubs, as other users may be experiencing the same thing. 

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/

Again, I am sorry that we do not have a fix for you at this time. 

Thanks for using Steam,
Maggie"

Stupid Steam!!!!!

Guys, try this. This is worked for me..

1. With Steam running, click on "Steam" in the upper left, then choose the "Settings" menu. (Preferences on Mac)
  2. On the "Account" tab under "Beta Participation" click the "Change..." button.
  3. Select the "Steam Beta Update" from the drop down list and click "OK".
  4. You will be prompted to restart Steam, please select the "Restart Steam" button.

^Thank you.

So, it's a Steam client update which means that one would need to have their PC connected to the internet so Steam can update itself and then it will allow you to run FM 16 (and other games) in offline mode again.

Here is the official announcement of the release; http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/announcements/detail/1344737036195030377

General

• Fixed running games in offline mode (error was "servers are too busy" or "currently no licenses available").

Not sure why this still occurred or why it took this long for a fix however at least it works, for now. For those of us who play FM 16 (and any other game) on a computer without internet access, you will need to hook up to the internet for the Steam client update. After the update is done, you shouldn't have any more issues in offline mode. 

Edited by Arkim

I put Steam online and it did some updating. Yet it still won't play FM16 in offline mode without changing the computer date.