can I earn a second nationality?

Can staff, including myself as a manager, attain a second nationality? Say I'm in a country where a player would attain citizenship after five years of playing there. What if I manage in that country for five years? Would I also be awarded citizenship? I'm asking mostly because that would help my chances of managing that country's national team.

But don't staff members require work permits in real life? I'm an American, and I assume that I can't just go work as a coach (or as any other staff member) for a National League South club. Of course, if FM was going to be that accurate, if I create a manager with only American citizenship and no reputation, I would never be hired by an English club (or a club located in most other European countries).

Anyway, I think this would be a good thing for SI to add, especially if citizenship does play a role in applying for a national team job for that country (although I would assume that working for club teams in that country for several years would also help my chances of being hired as national team manager there).

Of course, as a workaround, assuming that the in-game editor is activated, I could just add it myself once I reach five years in a country (or whatever the length of time is for that particular country to earn citizenship). Then again, if no staff members whatsoever ever earn additional nationalities, that would feel like cheating.

I don't think there is much of a difference between the two unless you're talking about a top-notch football player or somebody who wants to actually own the pub (i.e. hire Brits). In other words, I think that if I wanted to work in a pub or if I wanted (and was good enough) to play National League South football, the requirements would be similar in that I would not be able to just based on my pub- and football-related skills. I would have to be able to legally work in the U.K. for other reasons, such as going to college there, marrying a British citizen, etc.

you basically dont need a visa to be a coach.

like many things in the uk, money talks. you have to be a contribution to the sport you are in, but the contribution is based heavily on sponsorship etc, that your employer takes care of. there is a very light requirement for language, but nowhere near the weight money gives to deals

as far as i am aware, all countries are basically the same. money, money, money

So an American with mediocre coaching skills can head to the U.K. and coach without the need for a visa? Do correct me if I'm wrong, but, from what I know, an American is not even allowed to be in the country, forget work, for longer than six months at a time without some sort of visa.

Archived