Konnichiwa

ChallengeMeFM

ReinMeerAomorilogo.gif

Dear members of the Rein Meer F.C. community,

We would like to extend our thanks for your support in advance of the upcoming season.  This will be our first time in the Japan Football League, leaving us 3 promotions away from the top flight.  We set out last year, embarking on a quest to reach the pinnacle of Japanese football by 2030, a goal which we are confident in achieving.  Due to our successes last season however, our former manager's tenure has come to an end.

With this in mind, we would like to announce that we have found a replacement that we believe holds the key to unlocking our future fortunes.  He goes by the name of "Burd" and hails from the south of England, that's all we can declare at this point.  We believe that his acceptance of our contract highlights his desires to work towards achieving our mutual goals.

His reign begins imminently and we will update you with any further changes in due course.

Regards,

Shohei Muraoka

Rein Meer F.C. Chairman

I enter the fray as nothing more than a stranger in a foreign land.  The streets are as deserted as the training grounds.  I'm here to try and prove myself, to begin taking steps on the path of my journey, but have I even chosen correctly?  I mean, this team, Rein Meer I think...they were in the 6th tier in 2013 and have only just been promoted to the 4th tier of Japanese football, what am I going to be able to do?  I can hardly pronounce a name in the team, let alone decipher which are the players who'll be in my starting XI come the first league game.

The people aren't the only thing I'm trying to get my head around, this league structure is something else!  2 Phases, the top team from each phase going through to a 3rd phase Play-off with the winner being promoted.  The bottom team at the end of the 2nd Phase will be relegated.  15 games per phase, 15 games to work hard with the team, attempting to better them day by day.  I'm not cut out for this surely, but there's no turning back.  My first job's going to be trying to find some members of staff to work with me, maybe I can fly in a few fellow Englishmen, so I don't feel as homesick.  Friends from back home keep telling me "the world's my oyster now", but if there's one thing I don't want, it's more seafood.

Welcome to FMS! Right away I'm curious, as we've never had a Japan story here and I'm curious to see where this takes you. Be mindful of the house rules regarding pictures but do write on. Glad to have you here!

Archived