The MYSTERY of HAVING A SON

Hey, so far, never heard of an "official " way to get a son spawning at your yearly youth coming.

Heard lot of infos as:

-You need to be more than 34
-You need to be at the same club for 10 years
-You need to have a player who retired after being at your club for 10 years
-The chance is 1/10.000
 :eek:

does anyone have the clue ? For the FM2017 full version of course   

and please, so much people are speculating on things about FM. Maybe because this game if a lot about "minding" and whatever. Don't confuse everyone with theory of your own.

clear sources and screenshots are welcome

thx a lot  :hammer:

well, according to this...

if I saved my party just before the regens coming to have a chance of "check the regens/reload/check the regens/reload/check..."

My chance to have a son spawning are 1/10,000

consider it takes 7 seconds to load my party, check the regens name, and finally reload again...

7 seconds X 10.000 reloads = 70.000 seconds

70.000 seconds = 19,45 hours of potential retry...

18 minutes ago, Kolga77 said:

well, according to this...

if I saved my party just before the regens coming to have a chance of "check the regens/reload/check the regens/reload/check..."

My chance to have a son spawning are 1/10,000

consider it takes 7 seconds to load my party, check the regens name, and finally reload again...

7 seconds X 10.000 reloads = 70.000 seconds

70.000 seconds = 19,45 hours of potential retry...

I would question the 7 seconds to reload a game but then it would depend on the machine & how many leagues/players are loaded in the save.

As Hunt3r has said the theory is right but I would also point out that even if you reloaded 10,000 times you wouldn't be guaranteed a son.

Each time the youth intake spawns you have a 1/10,000 chance and each time is isolated & individual to other times.

Yes, that's it, Cougar. You may get lucky on reload number 3, but on the other hand, it may only happen on reload 15,003.

So it's just easier to see it as pure luck.

By the way, the 10 seasons thing is in FMT, although I'm not sure of the exact details around it.

Plus now you can't predict when the intake is going to come, right?  So unless you save every single day to separate files, you're not going to be able to grab a save just before the intake.

Why someone would care enough to want to spend that long reloading baffles me.

The way it was always described was that you would have a son in 1 in every 10000 single intakes.  So statistically, if someone was to play for 10000 seasons, they could expect one son at some point during those.  

Statistically at least.  Some get one after a few, some will never.  

9 minutes ago, dafuge said:

Is it 1/10000 for each intake, or 1/10000 for each player in an intake?

1/10000 for each intake sounds quite unlikely given the number of known users who have had them.

The way I saw a SI staff member describe it was "each intake you had approx 1/10,000 chance of getting a son".

EDIT

For the amount of time people play on the forums I honestly don't think we see that many sons.  Personally I've never had a son on any version of FM, like others I've played from the very start, I probably average about 50 seasons per version nowadays (More maybe when I was younger) and I did go through a spell many years ago where I reloaded intakes.  Despite that I've still never had one.

9 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

The way I saw a SI staff member describe it was "each intake you had approx 1/10,000 chance of getting a son".

I thought I'd seen that too, but I can't find it now.

I still think it might be 1/10000 for each player, bringing it down to around 1/625 for each intake. Those odds sounds more realistic based on stories from people like @Ackter and his careers.

I have played every FM edition and only had one son. That occurred in FM16 when i went though a phase of reloading the game on the day before the youth intake. It took my laptop a hell of a lot longer than 7 seconds to do that! 

I was testing the complete randomness of the whole regen system, seeing as I had the best youth setup the game allows yet I would see complete dross being generated. I would see a 4* or higher player one in every 10-15 reloads and nothing in between (and yes I know the star ratings have their own variables...). many of the +4* players I did see would have unplayable traits such as highly injury prone, doesn't enjoy big matches or be very inconsistent.

I have always assumed that any son will be in your clubs youth intake. If not I may have missed on spotting one over the years?

There is another spanner to throw in too, as are those odds of 1/10000 for just human controlled players? or do they include any eligible staff within the game having a son?

3 hours ago, dafuge said:

I thought I'd seen that too, but I can't find it now.

I still think it might be 1/10000 for each player, bringing it down to around 1/625 for each intake. Those odds sounds more realistic based on stories from people like @Ackter and his careers.

Think I'm on 3 sons in total. One insanely good and two rubbish ones who ended up retiring before they hit 20.

On 6/1/2017 at 10:49, Kolga77 said:

Heard lot of infos as:

That's how you unlock the feature when playing the other version of FM irrc

1 hour ago, Ackter said:

Think I'm on 3 sons in total. One insanely good and two rubbish ones who ended up retiring before they hit 20.

how many seasons are you in? and was your 3 sons all in one save!?

I have never had a son in game, but my brother had in an older version. He didn't notice it until he had been released and retired due to being crap :D

I do something else though. My real life son was born in 2010. If I ever get to 2026/27 when he would feature in an intake, I edit him in with the Real Time Editor. I get my brother to pick a random intake player who then becomes my son.

On 2 June 2017 at 20:02, Carninho said:

I have played every FM edition and only had one son. That occurred in FM16 when i went though a phase of reloading the game on the day before the youth intake. It took my laptop a hell of a lot longer than 7 seconds to do that! 

I was testing the complete randomness of the whole regen system, seeing as I had the best youth setup the game allows yet I would see complete dross being generated. I would see a 4* or higher player one in every 10-15 reloads and nothing in between (and yes I know the star ratings have their own variables...). many of the +4* players I did see would have unplayable traits such as highly injury prone, doesn't enjoy big matches or be very inconsistent.

I have always assumed that any son will be in your clubs youth intake. If not I may have missed on spotting one over the years?

There is another spanner to throw in too, as are those odds of 1/10000 for just human controlled players? or do they include any eligible staff within the game having a son?

I had one last year but he was rubbish, so what I did is used the IG editor to change his stats to match the best regen in that intake and changed the other regen to my son's stats to even it out so I didn't feel like I was cheating. I guess it technically is but I wasn't going to miss the chance to use my son in the game!

If you're that interested in having a son in game how's about just changing a regen name in your youth intake using the Set Nickname option?

What would be the difference doing it this way?  

So you won't be listed in his Favoured Personnel section. If I'm honest I'd be pretty certain my son IRL wouldn't list me as his favoured personnel. :lol:

On ‎4‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 21:25, tfell said:

I'm inclined to agree, I've also seen more people have a son than the previously quoted odds would suggest. I've also had a son myself, despite not playing the game a huge amount.

There must be more to it than just the previously quoted odds - On FM2014 I had 5 sons in 1 game, the first one was random, the next 2 after about 30 reloads and the last 2 weren't much more than 30 reloads.

I started a new game (on FM2014 again) and I've already got 3 sons, the first was after only 5 years.

So even if I reloaded on average 50 times for every son, it's still 8 sons in 400 reloads.

45 minutes ago, thommie77 said:

There must be more to it than just the previously quoted odds - On FM2014 I had 5 sons in 1 game, the first one was random, the next 2 after about 30 reloads and the last 2 weren't much more than 30 reloads.

I started a new game (on FM2014 again) and I've already got 3 sons, the first was after only 5 years.

So even if I reloaded on average 50 times for every son, it's still 8 sons in 400 reloads.

Pretty sure something has been added to get you those sons if you've had another three tbh.

As I said in your original thread to have three in one save is ridiculously lucky, to say you've started a new save on FM14 and had three more points to something going on.

I can't remember if there was DLC for FM14 or whether you've added a file/coding that has increased the chance of having a son but something has happened because no-one has ever reported getting sons so frequently, especially in one version & save file.

EDIT

A few blogs seem to be suggesting that if you bought the "Unlock a Son" DLC which is for classic mode that the odds of getting a son are significantly increased in the full game.  I've seen several reports of sons within 10 reloads.

If someone official could just say it would save all these threads being made lol. I am curious as im in my tenth season on my save almost at the intake day, im just hoping he dont come along too soon as that would indicate i had a kid before i got with my current wife :D  unless i get the editor and set his age to 10 lol

Yes, I guess, we all know the rules for getting a son in FM:

I played many editions and never got one. So last time I edited nickname for one of the best regens. And sticked to him.

Anyway, nobody guarantees that IRL you will like your own son, so you may treat another youth intake member as your son.

Got a son in FM16. I was only in my second year of managing, so it surprised me. Unfortunately, he shared my nationality, which made him ineligible for the league I was managing in. Tried loaning him out, but he wasn't that good.

I've never played the classic mode or bought the 'Unlock a Son'

All I used/downloaded was a custom Thai league & transfers plus the real name fix from sortitoutsi - so if somebody knows how to increase the chances of having a son in the game they could have changed or added it. (but wouldn't more be getting sons?)

Maybe oneday somebody from FM might explain :-)

Pretty sure something has been added to get you those sons if you've had another three tbh.

As I said in your original thread to have three in one save is ridiculously lucky, to say you've started a new save on FM14 and had three more points to something going on.

I can't remember if there was DLC for FM14 or whether you've added a file/coding that has increased the chance of having a son but something has happened because no-one has ever reported getting sons so frequently, especially in one version & save file.

EDIT

A few blogs seem to be suggesting that if you bought the "Unlock a Son" DLC which is for classic mode that the odds of getting a son are significantly increased in the full game.  I've seen several reports of sons within 10 reloads.

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:49, Kolga77 said:

Hey, so far, never heard of an "official " way to get a son spawning at your yearly youth coming.

Heard lot of infos as:

-The chance is 1/10.000
 :eek:

does anyone have the clue ? For the FM2017 full version of course   

and please, so much people are speculating on things about FM. Maybe because this game if a lot about "minding" and whatever. Don't confuse everyone with theory of your own.

clear sources and screenshots are welcome

thx a lot  :hammer:

Well when a mummy regen and a daddy regen love each other very much...

9 hours ago, Analog said:

I've never had one.  Are they always in your own intake, or do you have to search the world players list?

I've never had one either but assuming they would be in your own intake. Unless you had some fun on an away day once...

Archived