[FM17] Preventing U18 players from playing in the Reserves?

All in the title. Sometimes the U18s Cup, the UEFA Youth League and both the Reserves and U18 leagues stack up. And as the Reserves manager freely picks U18s to play in the Reserves, you can very often end up with very jaded youngsters playing matches after matches with about 50% Condition. Is there any way to tell the Reserves manager to stop using the U18s, be it in game or in the Editor? Even if it means using grey players instead... and there doesn't seem to be many of them in the Reserves squad anyway unless you remove every "real" player from the Reserves.

I tried to put my "worst" U18s in the Reserves, but the staff member in charge of the Reserves still picks the best U18s ahead of Reserves players.

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose it's fair to say that no one has any clue on how to make this happen. :lol: I suppose it  could be a suggestion: make a player available for a team only for specific competitions instead of having the choice to make him available for a team or not at all, considering how impractical it is to do on a match by match basis.

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

I dont know if there is another way, but this is what works for me and it takes about 1 minute per game

that isnt long for 1 match, but easily an hour a season. thats assuming you remember every players prefered side, role etc without having to check. my ocd would kick in and i would start tweaking for every midfield and striker pairing on top. would end up being nearer 5 mins a game easily lol

It's so strange to me that there isn't a clear option to stop your U18s playing Reserves games. I'm also experiencing poor fitness levels in my U18 squad and it's making me a bit anxious.

• 1 month later...

It's the same thing since FM12. Owners of the game never though about the possibility of allowing the option to NOT pick up U18 players for the Reserves team. If you want to do it automatically, each manager of the team will pick up the players that require the match fitness the most, and then they will pick players that are best suited for the role. Logic of this game is just beyond me. As if it requires you to waste time using the equation: amount of time wasted = fun. It's the same thing with match preparation. If you allow your assistant to run a team, they will change the match preparation level to average all the time, effectively reducing the amount of training your players receive, even though the match preparation is on 100% in all aspects.

On 5/31/2017 at 05:00, BMNJohn said:

All in the title. Sometimes the U18s Cup, the UEFA Youth League and both the Reserves and U18 leagues stack up. And as the Reserves manager freely picks U18s to play in the Reserves, you can very often end up with very jaded youngsters playing matches after matches with about 50% Condition. Is there any way to tell the Reserves manager to stop using the U18s, be it in game or in the Editor? Even if it means using grey players instead... and there doesn't seem to be many of them in the Reserves squad anyway unless you remove every "real" player from the Reserves.

I tried to put my "worst" U18s in the Reserves, but the staff member in charge of the Reserves still picks the best U18s ahead of Reserves players.

Best thing is pick the reserve team 

Could move the U-19 players to the first team squad, and when the u-19 fixture comes around, just continuously make them available for that, and when the reserves fixtures comes...don't make them available? 

Archived