A Tale of Greed - The Slavia Sofia Story

wynter

End of Season Update 2020/21

15-karolisjanulis-15-1200x674.jpg

Europa League

Round of 32

YPiE6SfK_400x400.jpg

Benfica were not a team I wanted to draw, especially after my struggles with Porto it was obvious that we weren't in for anything that could be described as an 'easy' game.

Leg 1

c751dab0956f069a950c3aba4a2ff6ad.png

With my squad this year, I never needed to bring Yoskov back. After this game I'm pretty sure it was the best thing I've ever done. Two absolute stunners from outside the box to tip the game our way. The most important factor of course, was the lack of a goal conceded. If we managed to strike at least once in Benfica, then the tie was ours.

Leg 2

34319120b7459a8bf1237fdaa89d0494.png

A Late Surge had me extremely worried, losing a comfortable 1-1 scoreline, but Tomov came in at the end to put it beyond all doubt. Into the 2nd Round we went, hoping we could finally get over the hurdle.

Round of 16

04zeDV2O_400x400.jpg

Our draws weren't getting easier, rumours of a conspiracy against Bulgaria were running wild as we ventured into the First Leg away from home.

Leg 1

d149a3c51873700d0f9e7c0ba428d1e8.png

Bore draw, did precisely what was needed and while a goal would have been amazing, the fact we weren't going Home having to try and take back the tie was a immensely more preferable to a 2-1 or 3-2 defeat.

Leg 2

8c2855d19a66b5c199e5f3a0d8c10548.png

Game of the Season, one of the most dramatic I've had in FM all year. Striking early twice we looked to have the game firmly in control. Some questionable subs on my end gave Sevilla a peek and they took full advantage tying the game and grabbing the away goals advantage. Luckily, Moldoveanu came to our rescue right at the death and we somehow emerged 3-2 victors in a game that was much too close for comfort.

Quarter Finals

We'd finally done it, broken through to the end stages of a European Tournament. Who would we get?

A1V_u7-u_400x400.jpg

The British Giants themselves.

4e0bd85d70cfa4392dc3c0f79716773c.png

5140e9dd38523c0cebe0c186cc7d0aaa.png

We did our best, but we weren't able to take them down. Small consolation comes in the face of Liverpool going on to win the whole tournament, it was their time.

272d3f9e650b8f80346ec5d60f8048d4.png

First Division

We'd been too distracted by Europe this season, heading into the Playoffs we were 6 points behind Ludogorets and tied with CSKA Sofia. When Liverpool knocked us off we were finally able to give the Domestic League our full attention.

ad0c04d9e2def1d32b7890b01ae1a074.png

f21735850a897ec04b3f8a5d8722633a.png

We JUST managed to claw our way back to the title, wins over Ludogorets both times trampling their morale and opening them up to be overtaken by CSKA as well. Group stages of the Champions League awaits.

Player of the Season

Metodiev

44 Games Played, 5 PoMs 7.40 Match Rating

7c0efd02933e75af479a4a442279ce9b.png

Imperious in Defence, his development has slowed down a little as our team has improved, but he's still the best defender at the club next to Grgic and a vital part of our squad. Form across all fronts was incredibly consistent, never had a bad game and aside from Europe we were almost unbeatable in the games he started.

Now onto the Final Season at the club...

shutterstock_2217621-300x238.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/28/2017 at 18:09, BoxToBox said:

Great run in Europe!

Cheers man!

17 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Seconded. Tough draws, but you acquitted yourself well.

I know the truth 

resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cd

There will be justice! :kriss:

Transfers 2021/22

And so our last season begins, with nothing holding us back I decided it was finally time to loosen the purse strings after we built up over 20million in our Transfer Budget.

Misic

b7eb99f047f131216f3356bfe5e617f1.png

A personal aim of mine was to play around with a Temperamental player this save, curiosity on my end as to whether I could draw anything out of them and Misic was an exceptional player anyways so it was a relatively cheap gamble. He's a classic number 10, lovely technique and we'll be looking to deploy him as an 'Enganche' and the fulcrum point of our attack.

Munoz

678026c9927263a8ed2c8e015e80327a.png

Sliding into our Central Midfield after being listed by Real Madrid, technically he's incredibly gifted. Mentally a little room for improvement but he's a leg up on almost all of the players in our squad and a great creator. Someone to really run our midfield when he gets going.

Malefane

6a3bc8b0b73a630964e74f0c17250029.png

Immediate improvement at Left Back over our current options, looks genuine quality and liking what he brings to the team.

Gersbach

01410738b1c566620c33d4c4a3da6f0d.png

Another option, this time on loan. Will be alternating between the two as we figure out who's the better fit.

Hristov

91aa89ca9f3b293706387f0a1c6e4564.png

Grgic was picked up by Barcelona and he was an immediate in to add depth to the squad, better players around him effectively relegate him to our 3rd choice option, but he's still a superb player. His brother remains the better though, shame he refuses to sign for us.

Onana

d9a321d075d9bdacbc94821171696d4b.png

Biggest signing of the window to solve our biggest issue, we needed a great keeper and we got one. Really enjoying what he'll bring to the team.

Champions League Group

532dbec1e025a9d217cd5d5a4d95e1a6.png

We really aren't getting favours, but for some reason I think I could conjure up something pretty magical. We're looking at turning Bulgaria into a fortress and hopefully picking up something off Sporting in both legs. From there we'll hope for the best.

Champions League Update 2021/22

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq7CnaYUtHLlzbwXkbh0S

Game One

Slavia Sofia vs Sporting CP

First Game, if we want to turn Slavia into a fortress, this is where we make the statement.

aca56698cbf3cd79a6203783eb469458.png

Brutality. Two Free Kicks from Javi Munoz in the first ten minutes both sailed into the top corner and Sporting had no answer. At 3-0 they got a goal back to make things a little tighter, but then we buried a 4th and gave them no chance. A perfect performance by every player on the pitch, and a great way to kick off our opening campaign.

Game Two

Juventus vs Slavia Sofia

c51ffa13ce116430a1bd0a3174fa06f1.png

The worst thing to say about this game was we were VERY lucky to keep it at 1-0, we made no chances and Juventus were dominating us in attack. Losing only one goal though was great for our GD and hopefully we can pay them back with vengeance when they come to our home.

Game Three

Slavia Sofia vs Barcelona

Getting a draw out of this would be critical, a win even better. With Top Spot on the table on the line, we needed SOMETHING.

82aa6025fef52ceff793725721a4350b.png

Hail Hristov, just when we were looking ready for a draw. The game itself was fascinating, end to end football with a multitude of chances for both sides. We held firm, off the back of some great keeping by Onana and managed to escape far better off than we would be otherwise.

Table

4535c876ca1f764002582346d5282493.png

We need to beat Sporting away, then draw/beat Juve. I'm confident that 10 points, however we get it, should be enough to see us through.

Game 4

Barcelona vs Slavia Sofia

b668ae30076e2f2f3036c114a905e798.png

We did nothing with the ball, aside from keeping it. On the other hand Barcelona were clinical and took us to school whenever they managed to snatch it off of us. I wasn't expecting to win the game, but was hoping for a closer 2-1/1-0 defeat if only for the sake of confidence.

Game 5

Sporting CP vs Slavia Sofia

30fdff623ae5e4db4453c98a70d6f2c1.png

Masterclass by Perez. They had shots on goal but they were fairly tame, on the other hand we made them pay with some inspired attacking. The result I wanted heading into Day 6.

Where does it leave us?

9ec8352e637ed1311c288a0d1ca41520.png

In the drivers seat as we host Juve in our final game. It means little though. We lose we're out unless Sporting and Barcelona Draw which doesn't seem all too likely as it's at the Camp Nou. If we draw we top a very difficult group and carry that confidence into the Knockout rounds. We win and no problems at all.

I'm aiming for a win.

31 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Great results. Out possessing Barca is always nice.

It is! Shame about Game 4 but I was surprised we dominated in that one as well, maybe their tactic's have changed? Either way I was pretty happy with it.

15 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Excellent results in Europe!!:applause:

Cheers man! 

dab576af22962e0c6c36dbe37d074deb.png

I'm so happy.

200.gif

Finally broken through after falling short the past three years. It didn't even come off the back of an easy group. Masterclass at the back by Petko Hristov who's become our European saviour, even getting up the other end to score a goal.

d7b38277694c22bdfd41aff403976b95.png

Who do we have in the Round of Sixteen?

Bayer+Leverkusen+FC.jpg

Bring it.

First January Reinforcement has been brought in and he looks fantastic.

7325bb01fc787b2c0566f7a08004a072.png

We need an additional right back and a right winger as well. We're in for an active window.

9d9464d62c279469796e5c86ffd1e117.png

Things going well domestically. Enough room in the league that we can entirely focus on Europe at this stage of the proceedings. Hopefully we can keep up our form to ensure no one gets a sniff at the title.

6cc6fc9651fe26578538bb362291b4d9.png

Mention for Nikolov. Came through the club originally as a LWB, but given his right footedness he switched him to the opposite side from day one. Rapidly turning into an incredible right back. Could do with a bit more work on his attacking play and offer an option out wide, but as it stands I'm very happy with how he's been getting on. 

20 hours ago, oneronaldo said:

Bayer Neverkusen? I assume they don't have Henrichs, Brandt, Havertz etc anymore as those will have been picked off by other clubs. Onwards :hammer:

They have everyone! Curse of not loading their league :(

Youth Intake

Haven't actually updated these in a while haha, but after last year where we didn't get anyone in I was interested in seeing if this year would be a marked improvement.

c5c1a35f720b7a103aac40db6f3ca10b.png

First Player with the potential to be One of the Best of his Generation for the club and in a position we were looking to strengthen as well.

faebf420642854a77accf08ccd69d8dc.png

3832d4bbc1b96401ab7048c18f33790f.png

He looks very, very good. Shame I'll likely be leaving at the end of this season but I'll be tracking his growth for sure.

Leg 1

Leverskusen vs Slavia Sofia

62d1e817605a720cf5b5369eb3a49eef.png

A tight game, made even more difficult by the suspension of Nikolov, our only functioning Right Back after Atanasov's Release Clause was activated and he abandoned us for Wolfsburg. Still 1-0 wasn't bad, and we were very much in the tie.

Leg 2

Slavia Sofia vs Leverkusen

Could we overcome?

788bd4cfd65404b89258d031e4e1d91b.png

They didn't stand a chance, masterful performance by both Krejcik's with Milan laying on both assists for Matej who finished the game off entirely in stoppage time.

From here on though things would only get harder... Who would we get in the Quarter Finals?

Barcelona-Logo-Wallpaper.jpg

Rematch with our Group G rivals, A team I knew we could beat, but had lost to on aggregate over the course of the Group Stage. It would be tight.

7 hours ago, argento said:

Unbelievable progress here!  Just read all this and loving it.  

Cheer man! I'm actually surprised at how quickly we've been able to get it going as well. Long may it continue :lol:

5 hours ago, Fola said:

Are you not tempted to stay for another season?

I'm so tempted, closer I get to the end of the contract the more I want too haha, haven't made my mind up yet 

A pulsating match, a crowd on the verge of frenzy a sea of blue and red desperately cheering their team on as I find anyway to ruin their evening.

These are the moments we live for.

2-1, 8 minutes left and 8 minutes away from walking out of Camp Nou with a chance.

Then it happened.

bbf5bcab8905264a1964be5280bfdc74.gif

It was a tackle, one that was small, almost innocuous but the ref blows his whistle anyway. Javi helps the player back to his feet but the ref is sprinting over and my heart stops.

RED CARD – Javi Munoz 82nd Minute

The team surrounds the Ref but Dragos at the last second manages to drag them away before any more damage can be done to our squad.

We’re out of subs, we’re out of gas and now we have 8 minutes to survive with 10 men.

Out of the corner of my eye as I look up at the crowd, desperately trying to come up with a plan I see him.

Of course, seeing the UEFA president isn’t all too surprising given the stature of the match…

But why is he smiling?

There’s something rotten in the state of Spain…

ea65c8d5ddad45b34f1c437b54f900b1.png

Suarez pounced in the 87th and now we go home to try and get a result without our star playmaker... We need something magical.

15 hours ago, Fola said:

Are you not tempted to stay for another season?

I was going to say the exact same thing, looks like you're having a blast with Slavia so I'm unsure why the hurry? Sorry if I missed it, but I'm not sure you posted why you're leaving?

3 hours ago, noikeee said:

I was going to say the exact same thing, looks like you're having a blast with Slavia so I'm unsure why the hurry? Sorry if I missed it, but I'm not sure you posted why you're leaving?

Domestically the game was a bit stale and things seemed to be stalling at the club with us not bringing in any noticeable improvements over those already in the squad. So I was going to take on another Bulgarian team and try and strengthen the league. Plus have another team producing good quality players for the Bulgarian NT.

But yeah, really think I can do something in Europe now so I'm probably backtracking and sticking around for a few more seasons :lol:

Wouldnt mind taking over another team and bringing Slavia down eventually though, would be a great challenge. 

Champions League Quarter Final Leg 2

Slavia Sofia vs Barcelona

7d46a2e8a76d416687246a0f95fdd21a.png

The two teams line-up. Barcelona have opted to employ a Defensive Mid in a bid to blunt the attacking prowess of Slavia's Front 4. Without Munoz Price elects to shift Milan Krejcik back to the Center Midfield sacrificing defensive efficiency in a bid to bolster their attack. He's throwing all caution to the wind.

Kick-off

13th Minute

Digne plays a ball through to Neymar as they build out the back. He picks out a charging Suarez and plays a superb pass over the Slavia back for, the Uruguayan is away...

37c191c65707599283204aed7a136ab9.gif

WORST START IMAGINABLE FOR THE BULGARIANS! 0-1 Barcelona and Slavia need 3 unanswered goals to get back in the tie.

27th Minute

Milan Krejcik finds Nedelcu, they exchange a quick one two splitting the centre midfield pairing of Rakitic and Melegoni to find Samuel finds Kraev who feed a superb ball through to Matej getting him one on one with the keeper...

121fd97cdc12dcad6fa2d2f188fb6280.gif

1-1, SUPERB FOOTBALL!

31st Minute

IT CAN'T BE... IT IS!

PENALTY TO SLAVIA SOFIA, reckless challenge by Umtiti brings down Matej in the box and they go to the spot.

3f950bf34ea4921bb19a06a1bf1a991f.png

Matej lines up... the crowd is silent, praying for the ball to go into the back of the net...

SAVED 1-1, Slavia with their head in their hands as they miss a golden opportunity.

Half-Time

1-1

The Bulgarians with the ascendancy but Barcelona are surviving, can they make use of this momentum in the 2nd Half?

58th Minute

A wayward pass by Barcelona finds Nikolov, they switch to the opposite flank as Gersbach finds Perez, Perez plays Samuel, Samuel dispossessed but the ball falls to Yoskov, Yoskov to Matej who backheels it to Yoskov and he finds some space for a long shot...

TIPPED OVER THE BAR! Magnificent keeping by Ter Stegen to keep the Bulgarians out. 

Price is eyeing the bench...

69th Minute

Matej is off, on comes Moldoveanu as they look to add some fresh legs up front.

79th Minute

Milan is out wide... Plays it back to Nedelcu who shifts a quick pass towards Samuel. Yoskov makes his run inbetween the Centre Backs and Samuel feeds him through.

One on One...

GOAL!!!

e7a5575c0389db2374b88ee43043b0af.gif

2-1 to Slavia 10 minutes left and there's still life in this contest!

82nd Minute

Nikolov at the throw in... Quick one-two with Nedelcu, pass to Samuel, finds Yoskov...

What a cross, perfectly weighted to find Moldoveanu who hits it first time...

GOAL 3-1 buried into the bottom corner past the outstretched glove of Ter Stegen.

5461d4db6c2e3d6b944cbbbc8ae0131a.gif

The crowd is ballistic, the Barcelona supporters silent and in the top boxes I spy a certain UEFA president remarkably less pleased than he was in Barcelona. Vengeance shall be ours.

THE WHISTLE SOUNDS... Extra Time Awaits... Both teams out of subs, now it's about who wants it more...

97th Minute

Rakitic passes to Driussi, Driussi sees a pass, but we see it earlier.

"Petko!" I holler from the touchline and Hristov moves, keen on intercepting it.

And then it happens...

Did he slip? Or was it premeditated?

Petko goes a mile beyond the ball and Suarez is off, Metodiev desperately trying close the gap...

cd9bb5c3b8d51ff7c196b8bd11aee883.gif

3-2, the killing blow.

1e9e46cd78007ec9a59dc092abb72cbf.gif

In that crowd a man is smiling, I don't see him, too busy trying to motivate our weary warriors but I saw him in Barcelona... I know that somehow he is behind this. 

Full Time

0b7575582e6520883f9cb446a7fa193c.png

"Let come what comes, only I'll be revenged"

Where to now from here...?

abc54bff7bcc2514f060775419db43d5.png

Damn right we were.

"An Injured Lion Still Wants to Roar"

aff7d66ac2c729c252dfff946b4d1cb9.png

We finished off the league, with nothing else to play for we mercilessly tore into our opponents.

139e9d2fbc3d858c90bd0a63426aa082.png

We fell just short of the League Record for most points taken.

With the end of the season the first focus is our contract. Will we stay, or will we go?

(Already decided, just doing it via story, post should be up tonight)

"I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody."

They’re everywhere, no matter where I go I see them. Jeering fans, Luis Suarez, Match Officials denying me penalty after penalty, Luis ******* Suarez. Petko keeps apologising to me, but I don’t know what to do. I’ve always said his brother is better and I can’t help but shake the feeling he’s made me pay for that. I see that smile. That smug, knowing smile on his face in training and Martin tells me I’m hallucinating but I’m not. He’s part of the conspiracy.

A knock at the door breaks me out of rumination.

“Come in.”

The two people I’d been avoiding the most from the moment we’d lost to Barcelona come in. No doubt ready to hand in their transfer requests. They’d have stayed if we won, if Petko hadn’t forgotten how to tackle someone.

Don’t be bitter. Says one voice in my head.

Send him to Siberia without clothes. Says the other.

“Boss, you ok?” Matej asks as Vladislav looks particularly unnerved.

I wasn’t thinking out loud was I?

“I’m fine.”

It’s not the right answer, and everyone knows I’m not. Defeat has not been good for me. Antonia most of all, each press conference she watches me, ready for me to start hissing at the supporters like a feral cat but all emotion has left me. I don’t even hear their questions anymore, just droning out meaningless platitudes as she keeps a firm grip of my hand under the table, almost as if she’s trying to keep me in reality. Bless her soul.

I’ve moved into the office, the chair I’m reclining on has been my bed for the last three weeks and I think I’ve lost any and all sensation in my neck. My beard is now spiralling out of control, dangling perilously close to my desk and the cup of coffee that sits in front of me. Just yesterday I turned up to work in a bright green and yellow suit after having a dream about a giant shark in Aldosivi.

I don’t even know where Aldosivi is.

“So, I guess this is it huh boys?” I ask as I recline in my chair.

They both told me they’d leave if we didn’t win.

“About that boss.” Matej says.

“When you told us we could win, we thought you were full of **** to be honest.” Vladislav admits. “But we got close, we got closer than I think any of us imagined. So we’ll stay here one more year.”

They both look at me. “Only if you stay at the club.”

With that they both leave, thoughts of the conspiracy against us gone from my mind. Instead a decision has to be made.

… I suppose Prague can wait.

9065a6f53431b7078f5230196a8e02ee.png

15 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

your wage is still 500 pounds though? :lol:

And the board gave themselves a 2.8 million Dividend a few days after I signed, was not a happy man :herman:

Brazil's 52k PW offer was appreciated, shame I'm still with the Bulgarian NT haha

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world...

Everyone believed the worst was over when I renewed, I even reluctantly moved out of the office and returned to my apartment but these thoughts won't leave. Sleepless nights have led to work, not the work the board expect me to be doing, but it's the work the World Needs.

tumblr_o86w7vup4d1r13x2bo1_500.jpg

Someone knows something, but who is the weak link? Petko is like a rock, unbreakable no matter how much pressure I exert and given his near 2 metre tall frame plus the high value I place on my life that pressure has been minimal. Martin knows nothing, he doesn't have the brains to be involved. His squad selection recommendations are so bad he's been trying to get me out of a job since before I even made it into Europe...

This goes deeper, higher up, into the very echelons of UEFA Boardrooms.

But conspiracy only goes so far... What must I do? Where are we lacking?

A conspiracy can fail when the side its set against is unbeatable.

Has Avarice reached its limits?

It's time to experiment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Boss, I don't mean to be rude... But what is this?"

Milan's finally learned Bulgarian, and with it he asks a remarkable amount of questions.

I preferred him when he was silent.

The rest of the squad nods in agreement as they look at the board, our trial system for the pre-season revealed.

No-one but myself understands the genius, the board themselves are perplexed but they do their best to hide it from the players. The coaching staff had already cornered me this morning.

But the board that doubts me wants to give me 500 a week when Brazil offered 1200 times that, the coaching staff want me to play a Wide 4-2-3-1 because they don't believe in me, the man who raised this club from the ashes of mid-table anonymity. The players that made me stay now doubt me, the man that turned them all into one of Europe's finest. I'll make believers of them all. Avarice was not a fluke.

"This my boys..." I say as I look at the board with more reverence than a parent standing next to their child. "Is the evolution of Football."

Introducing...

The Symplegades

883ee525f1ede1ea2e279715ef3e10c7.png

3 hours ago, wynter said:

I’ve moved into the office, the chair I’m reclining on has been my bed for the last three weeks and I think I’ve lost any and all sensation in my neck. My beard is now spiralling out of control, dangling perilously close to my desk and the cup of coffee that sits in front of me. Just yesterday I turned up to work in a bright green and yellow suit after having a dream about a giant shark in Aldosivi.

I don’t even know where Aldosivi is.

:applause:

On 05/07/2017 at 08:41, wynter said:

1e9e46cd78007ec9a59dc092abb72cbf.gif

Ah yes, Suarez's trademark move of ghosting through the middle of the defender's body.

Unlucky in the Champions League, that was a superb effort vs Barcelona. I like the new 3-4-3 wide tactic too. Hipsteresque.

Understanding The Symplegades

883ee525f1ede1ea2e279715ef3e10c7.png

While the Cross-sected Hermit was an accurate depiction (The hermit being the unmoving Enganche) the Symplegades is also a worthy name. Taking its form from the 'Clashing Rocks' Jason sailed through during his escapades.

How does it work?

Avarice primarily functions off a control system with a quick but methodical short passing game that waits for a gap and seizes the opportunity. If you watch the Slavia vs Barcelona gifs that becomes apparent in two of the goals that are scored. Where our midfield waits for the attacking four to create space through their runs and then utilises the gaps that are created, only feeding it forward when a chance is beginning to present itself. 

Symplegades is going to be a bit more brutish than that, abandoning our short passing game in favour of a more direct threat. Ideally the 'chasm' in midfield is going to be rapidly closed down (as the walls did in the myth) when the opposition are in possession via our tactical instructions.

a1f9f77e5827301f70c7c1c5cb0ef269.png

The WBs and DMs are effectively a second midfield, rushing forward to rapidly close off any space the team creates, hence the use of a Roaming Playmaker to ensure he surges forward, rather than a Regista who may stay slightly deeper regardless of instructions. (Cheers for that tip @Benjoe ;)) as a result I've shifted off of my preferred Fluid approach to balanced, I was contemplating a Structured angle but was worried as to whether that might result in our Playmaker staying deeper than I would like. Balanced as it says, tries to cater to that niche area that we need in order to succeed.

This is all of course hypothetical, we need to see how it does in a game first.

Dunav vs Slavia

3f4144373b9a4f9f43cbbdc5b8fdc139.png

Too dominant to draw any reasonable conclusions. Early signs indicate the attacking is a lot more direct, for lack of a better term. Less fluid, probing football in exchange for just trying to get the ball in the back of the net at the earliest opportunity.

Slavia vs Levski

This is a much better test.

a5feb5ed8250470e5c8a4332cd37be19.png

The high line works in closing the gap between our midfield and attackers. It also works in swarming in and around the box to choke off chances for the opposition.

999334ecb8498b73f8cbc2c8371656fa.png

4334c836aa633df37dcd1ebafac84c2e.png

The two DMs most importantly the BWM screens the defence and helps break up the opposition play, defensively it's reasonably sound but I won't really know until we test it out vs European teams where the playing filed is more level.

There is a massive drawback.

44fdfd0523c3c82f625ace84cd7c51ba.png

We have trouble countering, something we also had trouble with using Avarice but it's very notable here. If we win the ball in midfield we can easily transition, if the opposite team presses into our backline though we can drop too deep and as a result leave our striker isolated.

Interesting conundrum.

In terms of the ball we're still keeping something akin to 55-60%. Not as dominant as Avarice but we are getting a similar if not greater amount of shots on the opposition goal and drafting more chances.

Whether we get those chances vs the big sides though is the biggest issue and whether this will work or not.

Pro's

More Chances crafted

Less Fouls

Maintain similar possession stats

Con's

Cannot Counter

It's all about winning the ball back in midfield, if we can't do that we'll struggle. Overall watching the highlights, the football's also a lot less attractive. Style vs Pragmatism seems to be the biggest clash between the two...

Still undecided if this will be the way I push, early signs are interesting though.

2022 World Cup Qualifying Update

grunge_bulgarian_flag_by_sein_anc.jpg

4511bf77deea7f8ff514fe94e50fae30.png

We put up a decent fight, bad result in losing to Slovenia and the 5-1 loss to England was Harsh, overall though 4-4-0 was very respectable including a great win over Croatia.

We didn't qualify though.

533b16d8209957554b0391f5e8ed155d.png

26f201db7d1618c12164b7606f30583b.png

The World Cup threw up some interesting results. A nice run by Sweden into the Quarters,but from there normal service resumed and France look to be an unstoppable team as it stands. Should be a fun challenge headed into 2026/30.

I've also updated our tactic for the National Team, given the large amount of Slavia players I was just running Avarice but mixed results have me catering almost entirely to our strongest spots.

4312358f3d8cacbe39f323b391b8a697.png

b5b6706469d60d56539158c4c4eefa5c.png

Nikolov is the only brilliant player that doesn't fit into the system but he could easily function as a right midfielder with some training. Or I could even simply push the flankers back to WBL/R if the mood strikes me.

The first match with it was very promising, less so if you were a Northern Ireland fan 

662444b894f8cbae1c37fe83f01dc8c1.png

Transfers

A new system needs players, and this side needs improvements if we're to fully match up with Europe's Elite. I didn't want to let him go but 12million gives me the funds needed for the players I want and Perez wasn't going to be getting as much play time this year. The fans are upset but they're willing to back me, and with the guys I'm bringing in I think they'll see this deal as a master piece.

Outgoing

Marcelo Perez

c4af3a20868fa111ca930c3b8c460e30.png

A great part of the club for the last two years and someone I liked, but didn't need. Couldn't say no when every other piece I needed necessitated his transfer.

Incoming

Ivalyo Chochev - Free Transfer

a46b662dac328877622fa11f8f64a7d3.png

Last year the biggest thing that stopped us beating Barcelona was the lack of Munoz in Leg 2, we needed one more creative midfielder that I could use in the centre of the park and who better than the Bulgarian Icon himself? There's three years I can extract out of him, I'm at the club for three more... It's perfect.

Alonso - 2.3Mil

c8d5dfc94f136b0a2afa290661b7a878.png

The future heart of our team, already excellent but now if I can remove that personality of his, ideally with Chochev's aid I can craft a world-beater. The next year will be pivotal.

Hamza Mendyl - 8.25mil

be5dea8b673421496a2899abc1b874f5.png

A massive signing in more ways than one, incredibly expensive but he locks down the left side of the pitch for me after Gersbach returned to AC Milan. Offers something offensively and defensively like his predecessor and with our WBs pushing further upfield under Symplegades he could be a key factor in making the system work.

Milivoje Petkovic - 1.8mil

ed4d19f90f8b02bdb36923fbff9c5236.png

Cheap replacement for Perez with bagloads of potential, wasn't a necessary signing but I thought he was too good to pass up.

Florin Tanase - Loan

3bb11d1db2a39ca1be8a63c35dee0f0c.png

Our Ramdeuter, has all the attributes needed to succeed and really make this tactic thrive. Also added depth to the position and will share duties with Kraev over the course of the season.

Dilemma

Bahtarliev is coming along incredibly strong and Onana while a solid addition to the team, is just that solid. Bahtar can be better and maybe even usurp Bashliev as Bulgaria's future #1

e4fad0d85511a3d3b7ae2e86fdc75935.png

cd69c8be64cb35fc46d2caf227bd35b3.png

Half tempted to go all in on the Bulgarian, as I did with Stergiakis. I'll see how they both do and make a firm decision in January.

Great signings, and regarding Onana and Bahtar, I'd rotate for the time being with Onana taking big games and Bahtar taking cups and games you're comfortable dominating. Then I would accept the highest bid received for Onana (if it was a proper offer, mind). 

Bahtar looks class already, and  Alonso will be a god soon.

No harm giving the two lads a heavy rotation. 18 is no age for a keeper, so 35-50% of the games should be plenty of his development. Plus it's always nice to have a high quality option if one gets hurt.

3cd12b94d25f56a83ca0442e98fd6c61.png

Outright favourites in Real Madrid for the Title and a resurgent Liverpool that knocked us out on their way to winning the Europa League a few years ago...

Dinamo are easy, should have no problems getting at least 3rd.

9754e951d968a4285b634803f84d5e7f.png

Superb start by the team. 7-1-0 and a 5-0 thumping of Botev in the last game has confidence soaring.

8d8107fd84a9ff83edd370408b8f7546.png

Really confident that we can break this record, only 63 more points to go  :lol:

16 minutes ago, tyler16 said:

Just read the entire thread in one sitting, amazing stuff.

Some incredible players in the team now. Have you been able to grow the domestic league reputation at all yet?

Cheers! 

League's done really well, think we got it up from 28th or something to 11th, ahead of Serbia, Greece and a few other countries like Romania. I think we could move up to 8th/9th over the next few season with some good results.

3221fb273eb12050d012c157e73ee6f7.png

Champions League Group - First Half

01981affe9fa231ced9383a7909f672d.png

Bad result, we went with an attacking system into their home and got outclassed. A bit too cocky on our end but we did get a goal and threaten their goal a couple more times beyond that. Scoring isn't an issue.

c896924cbad02f831838cfac3fc54441.png

Conceded late at the end, but over the course of the match we were all over them. Notes from here have inspired us to change out tactic a little and the small notches have streamlined it into something even greater than before. Tanase has been a revelation and is thriving in the Raumdeuter role with 9/9 so far in all competitions and an 8.23 rating.

9d81044ba257adede3a9a46e0db35548.png

We toughed it out, Liverpool had a late surge but we managed to keep them nabbing a 3rd and emerged out of the stadium as winners, albeit in a very close run affair.

Where are we?

48b9a56e57fbb382c87d5a30209352f8.png

Much to my benefit Liverpool have been dreadful. A win away in Dinamo and I think we can seal second off quickly. Would love to get revenge on Real Madrid when they come to Bulgaria though.

54219d72062d5fe816ab2d57233de0c4.png

Our first game vs Liverpool and another Tanase masterclass, unfortunately my laptop crashed right as the game was saving and I luckily only lost the 4 days between competition and the Liverpool game. Would have preferred this win though, we played far more brilliantly.

Archived