There's Norway I'd Go Oslo As That

Keano16

d0eaa1cbb454428ae60283bcf607acfe.png

Now obviously I planned to have another three weeks between updates....no seriously...:rolleyes:

Moving onto the game, we have to be winning these kinds of games. Now, admittedly , I rotated the entire outfield team as I wanted everyone fresh to play West Ham in a few days, not that it'll likely matter mind. We created no real, tangible chances really, while Sayouba in goal made some much needed saves. Lets hope it isn't three weeks until my next update shall we? :D

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8ddce238609a2f176867ccf54a82d14c.png

Aren't you all getting lucky tonight? Two updates...really? I set out not to be embarrassed and we achieved that, putting up a respectable showing and even grabbing a goal after a lovely team move. In the end Calleri proved too clinical, scoring early and then after a defensive mistake to give the advantage to the Hammers. We had a few chances for an equalizer but unfortunately none found the back of the net. We'll have an enjoyable trip in London next week!

4 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Tommy Hoiland!!! He destroyed all comers for me on FM2006

He's certainly doing well for himself this season, 16 goals and 4 assists in 20 appearances in all competitions. I just hope he has an off day when we come around to playing him again!

2e3fee7602e2bc39901e196ee3357c3c.png

Dreadful performance and I'm afraid we're after hitting a slump. Molde took an early lead after some nice football and then we got an, admittedly, undeserved equalizer. Lumanza rising highest to head in Meling's cross. A 20 yard strike restored the fair result and Molde left with the three points. We need to get it together.

4b0304f6293b0a248b23b3165af98ef6.png

Not the best next game to have, losing 4-1 on aggregate is respectful to Premier League opposition, although perhaps I should have gone for it more in the second leg. Regardless, a Feghouli strike and then an Ayew penalty from a Skjonsberg foul sealed a 2-0 win for the London side.

512945881a4b1a677b373222211b3c7f.png

Really should have won this game and we would have 9 times out of 10. Unfortunately, this was the tenth time. A 30 yard free kick gave Lillstrom their first and then Moe equalized off a corner getting us back in the game. However, a free kick headed back across the six yard box meant we somehow came away with nothing and our horrid run of form continues.

10 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Keep fight mate and the good results will come.. :thup:

Could you not of commented just a little sooner! :D

455773e706a0a270be8cd29def603454.png

A badly needed win was secured thanks to a Hanche-Olsen goal on 64 minutes. The young centre half was immense at the back with 17 interceptions and 16 headers. A corner was cleared out as far as Kassi, picked out the centre half to turn and shoot past the Brann keeper. The final half an hour was extremely long and tense but we got over the line.

7cfc90d9fcc92079e481cc628df7a56b.png

A convincing win thanks, in no small part, to Omoijuanfo on his return from injury with a brace. The first was a beautiful 23 yard strike from the edge of the box and his second a towering header at the back post after Aanesland stood the ball up. Lumanza rounded off the scoring with a goal from the edge of the area,

5a59f8b213544466ce4f97fe75c49d65.png

Just as I thought we were building momentum, we go an drop points that we shouldn't have. Omoijuanfo got his third in two games after a lovely team move to put us one up at the break. A disasterous Sayouba own goal however from a corner just after the reStart (I'll get my coat...) meant the away side left with a point.

7effbcdd5191a130935ae44fbd30d0b7.png

So, we finished out the season in relatively good form, only losing to eventual champions Rosenborg after two set piece mistakes. Njie grabbing 4 in 7 games and Boli netting a brace against his former club. Unfortunately we finished outside the European spots in 4th on goal difference as Molde beat Aalesund 4-2. Still, a strong ened to the campaign where we were stuck in midtable (the board's expectations) for a period.

72b5440ac3f94bd8381a46337a14d534.png

Had Molde of won the cup final against our fierce rivals Valerenga, we would have gotten European football. They didn't, and so we just have to be happy with fourth.

26d3da2b1f1670bb28fd4c829ff4d153.png

c310b94b59e0c8f7c498058c15f2facf.png

Boli and Omoijuanfo joint top scored with 12 goals apiece while Njie provided the most assists (League high), followed by Aanesland. Meling earned a first senior call up and cap at the end of the season and is unhappy as I refused to let him be able to join a bigger club. 

07ba9a249fcee26085a8f1fd32f08d40.png

ffa26c893083f4c5696a102e0d82ae23.png

Boli scooped up both Fans Player and Young Player of the Year, also found time to pick up goal of the season. Bit disappointed at our cup run but pleased with our league finish and Europa League result.

42dc32e1b42bdcdc80cefe72e113f4cd.png

The board also announced a stadium expansion, why I don't know as we aren't in the best of shapes financially.

7 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Good run of form to end the season. Better things awaits them

Aye, just need to improve in the summer and hold onto players.  We probably need another centre back, winger and a 15-20 goal striker.

Edited by Keano16

45 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

4th looks decent enough. Next season I'm sure you'll get into Europe. :thup:

Cheers, it was very decent considering our midseason position. Coming that close to qualifying is frustrating but also shows we're not too far away.

8 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Unlucky mate Vaalerenga won Molde in final,i'm sure in most times Molde would have beat them..Good luck next season...:thup:

Yeah, I guess it's one of those 9 times out of 10 Molde would win. They probably weren't just happy to beat us in the league on goal difference so they threw the game against our biggest rivals in the final. *puts tinfoil hat on*

Image result for tin foil hat meme

On 12/14/2017 at 11:56, noikeee said:

Is this a trip to the past? Matches still being played in 2016? :D

Unlucky to miss out in Europe, that was a great run of games at the end, almost nicked it!

Can't seem to find my way back to the present!

Aye, if only we could've hit form just a little bit sooner. Just gotta regroup and go again next season.