There's Norway I'd Go Oslo As That

Keano16

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, noikeee said:

Starting to smell of a Norwegian title in here.

Don't ask me how that smells like. I suppose of ice, cod and sweaty vikings.

It's not the smell of a title, it's just the smell of Mold(e). 

10 hours ago, noikeee said:

Starting to smell of a Norwegian title in here.

Don't ask me how that smells like. I suppose of ice, cod and sweaty vikings.

That just happens to be the scent of my new cologne!

5 hours ago, DodgeeD said:

Stabaek triumph against the Odds :D

The bookmakers weren't especially pleased.

4 hours ago, Benjoe said:

It's not the smell of a title, it's just the smell of Mold(e). 

Time to get rid of that Molde don't you say?

3 hours ago, DodgeeD said:

Mold(e) with a floral hint of Lille(strom)

:D

a22a1424cd0cd839e94f82db9fd0d3e8.png

I thought we were heading for the draw until their keeper had a brain freeze and just stared at the post while Ekblom tapped in the rebound. In the ensuing minutes we clung on by the skin of our teeth. First Meling blocked a certain goal and then Knutsen made a great point blank save. The bad news is that Meling fractured his wrist but the good news is that he can play through the use of protective equipment.

b0b80cced2d3333e055d82fd20c2da12.png

At least he can still play as we have no decent back up left back, hell not even a halfway alright one.

Unfortunately we had to say goodbye to Luc Kassi, probably our most in form player in his roaming playmaker slot. This was due to the chairman accepting a potential £1.6m bid from Udinese and I had no option to protest.

bcc07c70fe13f9b540c5c8c3010fe00c.png 0a73b96f42804531fc4dd0f3552d5fde.png

So I decided to try and get a better deal. Villarreal came in with a deal potentially rising to £2.3m and off our Ivorian went.

ad5bb9be8e56c335d66041637948b192.png

A much better deal.

d0ff0414f3c7c85c934e602a03ffa717.png

a81d6357c4dbbc30381f603cf8f501e3.png

A fantastic derby win that could've ended level had it not been for a great save from Knutsen late on. Asante netted his 8th goal of the season to give us the three points. Valerenga looked like they were getting on top so we switched to a more solid system and nullified their momentum. 

5ade9e4d7a9d3681de9f85761a47d293.png

We did however unfortunately lose Gorozia for 5 weeks after he sprained his ankle.

1fc1445d46c767839b642d14c7e98295.png

Also the libero craziness has caught on in Norway! @LPQR, @ManUtd1.

8d67ce556302624b1d082cab9d3e03ee.png

Bit disappointed but the consolation is that the teams around us didn't capitalise meaning we are still at least 10 points clear (If Rosenborg win their two games in hand, although they're on a bad run, exiting Europe and losing consecutive games in the league. This led to them sacking their manager.) Ironically Bencsik missed an easier chance than his goal in the final minute. He took a touch instead of hitting the ball first time as he arrived at the back stick.

8d5e682edf93d9daedfebbfe4da7ee82.png

September kicked off with an assured win, thanks to halftime substitute Bencsik's wonderful strike.

6de2932c1022319be8aacba38752e8f9.gif

There was some bad news as well however, Asante and Orlov both sustained injuries that will keep them out for 4-5 weeks and 8-10 days respectively. 

9a66058fc4ea444938a0e875e596c089.png

Grossman ran the show, heading a cross from Race and then firing a ball into Orlov for the Swede to smash the ball home and seal the win. We now have just 5 matches left to play and are 12 points ahead of second placed Odds. 

Enjoying this mate, keep it up! You've really tempted me into doing my own save in Norway with Stabaek because I can see how much you're liking it yourself. You've got yourself quite the gap at the top of the table so I'd imagine you've won the title at this point, I'd say congrats but I don't want to jinx it just yet. ;)

2 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Absolutely killing it now.

And I absolutely love it!

2 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Now we just need to get those strikers withdrawn into the AM strata... :brock:

Baby steps my friend, baby steps.

2 hours ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Enjoying this mate, keep it up! You've really tempted me into doing my own save in Norway with Stabaek because I can see how much you're liking it yourself. You've got yourself quite the gap at the top of the table so I'd imagine you've won the title at this point, I'd say congrats but I don't want to jinx it just yet. ;)

Cheers man! I'm glad to see my enjoyment is being conveyed. Go for it, everyone's save is unique! 

Haha, it would take a Liverpool-esque choke to lose it at this stage. :lol: 

9151f54259f90248ff827a4857dbd705.png

October started with a bang, scoring three and having another hit the bar. Grossman added one either side of the break from similar positions, smashing them in from 20 yards. Njie completed the scoring, rounding off a great team move that started all the way at the back with Knutsen. Odds loss in their game meant only one thing.

401c329788bb4e22b1141718686bd0d8.png

:hammer:

That is all.

1 hour ago, ManUtd1 said:

Congrats on the title, man! Woohoo!

Partaaay!

1 hour ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Well done mate, I can finally say congrats. Hopefully you can succeed next season as well as attempting to get into the Champions League group stages.

I'm actually jumping over to FM17 for next season so something will have to be thought up for that! Stabaek will be Baek however.

2 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Gongrats for the title man!!Really great results and big difference from second Odd...:applause:

Thank you! Everything started to click and we got a good run of form going, coupled with some poor performances from those around us.

7b1f2560c3e45d4dbbdd919e761be5c1.png

So I simulated the remaining four games to finish out the season. Rosenborg scored a freak goal that was definitely intended to be a cross. The lads fought back from 2-0 down at halftime to beat Molde 3-2 while the point at Haugesund was disappointing considering they were relegated. We smashed second placed and rivals Lillestrom on the final day however so that was a satisfying end to the season.

6898a70ba07a17ed8f2f214129d58dec.png

16 points clear in the end with the best defence in the league and third best attack. Only losing two games is great to see and I'm very pleased. Molde and Rosenborg under performed really, especially the latter who endured an awful end to the season.

2b270eaccce6b51a60891e0075f2b5a4.png

69273988863eafc4423bf94448d19d81.png

Anyone playing in the roaming playmaker slot performed extremely well and were no doubt vital to our success. Knutsen came in during the middle of the season and managed 9 clean sheets in 16 games while earning a call up to the U21 national team, of which Bencsik and Granli were regulars. Meling was too but graduated to the senior side for the last two squads. Naess was also called up for the latest squad. Orlov proved to be a good signing, finding the back of the net 14 times from 30 games.

If you guys want to see anymore screenshots feel free to ask!

What's that? Manager of the Year? Oh, I don't want it....

064cb1f7a7089004c86396ebe1994e56.png

Oh, go on then, IF you INSIST.

Was there really a more deserving person? :lol:

In the positions, Birger Meling was runner up for defender of the year and Giorgi Gorozia was also runner up for midfielder of the year. They didn't get the award like me though, did they?

Now onto the team awards.

3166ffee083070511c5284608cd195c3.png

Gorozia snaps up both Young Player of the Season and the Fans' Player of the Season after a fine campaign. Orlov deservedly gets Signing of the Season, although admittedly I only made three and one was for backup while Knutsen was a close second in terms of impact and replaced Sayouba admirably. Kassi's bullet strike won goal of the season.

ee577ae3b68d63df03b4cb0c102e30fd.gif

bab185b777e5a14b98a1597aab1e97f5.png

A disappointing exit in the cup but I'd say that the league win more than made up for that.

Transition to FM17

Related image

Same country, same club, same dream. 

This is the squad now at my disposal.

e31d9bb236ca7831b8ba03a03d8ae625.png

3dc1b7949301ea5f56c95402e6238384.png

The main guys gone are Knutsen and Orlov, obviously, as well as Issah, Naess, Grossman, Gorozia, Asante, Bencsik. We do however get Sayouba and Kassi back! 

New guys include Skogseid, Lumanza, Brochmann, Mauritz-Hansen, Boli and Kjellevold while a few have been promoted from the youth side.

3d35700660cba1742eddd32335908178.png

The expectations are lower this time around so we'll see how we do.

50 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

MLB mlb baseball crazy fan GIF

The scenes at Keano's place.

I'm in a state of delirium. 

19 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Oh Mandé, you came and you saved without failing, but you were transferred away....

Actually delighted you get him and Kassi back. Losing Naess sucks, mind.

:D

So am I, lets see if we can keep them longer this time! I think I've found a couple of nice defenders to fill Naess' boots fortunately.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Looking forward to this, I think it'll be difficult to replicate what you did in FM16! :p

Cheers mate. I do too, not got the same quality in midfield and our expectations are lower so it could be difficult. 

Assistant : Hey coach, we need to make sure the match tactics are fluid this pre season?

Keano: What do you mean  we are not fluid?  We played this tactic last season when we won the title. Our players are familiar with it!!!

Assistant: Coach, I know it's not my place to ask, but have you been drinking?

Edited by kidthekid

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Assistant : Hey coach, we need to make sure the match tactics are fluid this pre season?

Keano: What do you mean  we are not fluid?  We played this tactic last season when we won the title. Our players are familiar with it!!!

There's a joke about "fluid" tactics in here...

8 hours ago, kidthekid said:

"What?!?!" *stumbles as he reaches for assistant* "Of course not..*hiccup*....Get me the league trophy from last season" comes out in a slur. 

'Sir? I think it's best if you come with me.'

6 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

There's a joke about "fluid" tactics in here...

:eek::herman: I shall not tolerate such references in my thread. 

;)

4 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Here's hoping that Norway in the new gameworld retains the same successful smell of cod and sweaty vikings.

The only smell that needs to exist.