There's Norway I'd Go Oslo As That

Keano16

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Excellent work here, man. Glad you're enjoying Scandinavia, too. Great place to play.

:thup: Cheers man! It's nice to be winnng games regularly for a change, now I just have to hold onto my players. 

7 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

:thup: Cheers man! It's nice to be winnng games regularly for a change, now I just have to hold onto my players. 

Definitely a challenge, but the leagues can be forgiving. 

There might be a couple of updates over Monday and Tuesday but then that'll be it, bar maybe a few at the weekends, for a few weeks. Got life defining exams, the dreaded Leaving Cert, starting Wednesday. :(

I think I'll even upgrade to FM17 seeing as it's on sale, I'll definitely continue will Stabæk, there'll just be a mysterious jump in time. ;)

11 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Best of luck with the Leaving Cert.

Cheers man. Should be fine.....

5 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

No idea what that would equal to in the Danish educational system, but nevertheless - break a leg mate! 

Now that's a way to get out of it!.....

It's basically the exams the end of secondary school before third level (University).

7 minutes ago, mjaferrie said:

Good luck buddy! Enjoying this save, maybe calls for a @PaulHartman71esque story to move into fm17 ;)

Thanks man! Glad you are, as I am as well. Possibly haha! (Prepare for an almost like for like rip off..... ;) )

Edited by Keano16

38f188a0de1ffb199f670e8c28a0352f.png

Not great to see but at least it's not the Champions League place.

Also, bids for Kassi are almost reaching north of £1m now, surely I can't not turn that down? My only concern is the depth in midfield, seeing as we aren't in our transfer window.

Accepted this bid from Stuttgart for Sayouba as I had promised him that I would as soon as they bid. Now I'm thinking that I could have gotten more though.

b67e557abdc2b6a5f52b10f22ab8f8a1.png

I also then rejected a £1.3m bid for Kassi. It's a lot of money, should I sell, I don't know. 

e2b344a4f000cca20d2abc3842de380c.png

This is who I have to replace Sayouba, obviously not as good as the Ivorian but he's alright. I'll be looking to see if there is someone better however.

23129abebbce29ea11c1206e15bfb25b.png

Just look at them stats, Molde scored with their first two attempts on target while we needed that 11th shot to snatch an equalizer. We controlled the play but found ourselves two down and when Orlov hit the bar with a header five minutes from time I thought that was that. These two dropped points gave Rosenborg the chance to draw level on points with us, which they didn't take!

18de79646555db869306f67b504fb4d6.png

Odds are now in second, two behind ourselves.

The game was also Sayouba's last in a Stabaek shirt as he completed his £1.1m move to Stuttgart. :(

7d4c629a1aa194bc1f80f6d5c002c57f.png

Disappointing, but it was away and at least Odds lost and Rosenborg drew so we stay top. We got put under pressure early on so I switched to our counter system until about 60 minutes but we couldn't get that important winner. 

We also announced the signing a new keeper to battle with Singh Sanhu.

0e1ae4d85ab96264625de256babc19fa.png

Knutsen joins for a fee of £75.000. He's young, Norwegian and has bags of potential.

7a7e6cc6960346e212d7c104fb8e9f48.png

ee1f5661518df6ef092ba2fcfcf3d95e.png

By all rights, we deserved to lose this game. We very nearly did with Skjonsberg conceding a penalty in the 87th minute. Thankfully it was smashed against the crossbar. We were really poor, failing to make many chances against one of the league's worst defences. Rosenborg and Odds can both cut the gap to 1 point should they win their games in hand.

2100e7d671c594685e5fa6e6dc97b527.png

Some good news as Naess signed a new 3 year deal amid constant bids from European leagues.

Edited by Keano16

1 hour ago, ManUtd1 said:

Nice work, man. The margins are thin but winning that kind of match is what will count at the end of the year!

Hopefully we will see the benefit in 14 games time! We'll need to go on a bit of a winnng run for a few games to pull away and then I can relax a little.

Well, I have crossed to the dark side and FM17 was purchased tonight. I think what I'll do is finish out the season on FM16 and pick up season two on FM17. It'll be a few weeks though! 

15 hours ago, Keano16 said:

Well, I have crossed to the dark side and FM17 was purchased tonight. I think what I'll do is finish out the season on FM16 and pick up season two on FM17. It'll be a few weeks though! 

a72e4ea2471b8d281c3f13bf94699cc7.gif

On 2017-6-6 at 23:04, Keano16 said:

You won't regret it, I think it's quite the upgrade on FM16. :thup:

Looking good for the Norwegian title in here meanwhile.

10 hours ago, noikeee said:

You won't regret it, I think it's quite the upgrade on FM16. :thup:

Looking good for the Norwegian title in here meanwhile.

I certainly hope so. Will I finally achieve my dream of seeing a striker finish a one on one? I think I'd actually start crying. 

It would be a nice end to FM16, with my first trophy. (Never really got a long save going due to one thing or another.)

3 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

I'd say you're gonna love it.

I was very reserved at first and thought, It can't be that much better, surely, but I am really excited about it now.

Great to hear. Perhaps a Nelson-esque character may appear. 

13 hours ago, Keano16 said:

I certainly hope so. Will I finally achieve my dream of seeing a striker finish a one on one? I think I'd actually start crying. 

Get your tissues ready.

Misses do happen often, but not on an unrealistic scale.

• 2 weeks later...

ae6d3b1b56e8891e8824262c61eaa53f.png

A better second game as an Asante double against his former club gave us the win. Skjonsberg netted an own goal to make it a nervous last five minutes but the three points were added. Our next game is at home to Odds, time to put them in their place.

1 hour ago, ManUtd1 said:

Welcome back to the land of FM.  Norway that was the worst re-Start you could have had, either, with 3 points from that second match!

#BringingThePunsBack. :D Cheers man!

3a81848f10d1bcebb91ab49440af966c.png

A massive win against third placed Odds. We dominated them from start to finish and ended the day nine points clear with a game more played. Orlov tapped in the rebound from Kassi's shot early on before the latter netted right on halftime. The Ivorian smashing the ball home from inside the area after the ball had bounced off several players following a corner.